Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I like about him and it’s probably one of the most important things to have to be a great baller is having mental toughness. You can tell that he knows he belongs and that it’s going to be up to Him on how great he can be not a coach and not another player. Every year since High School he has shown doubters wrong and gotten better and I am 100% sure next season he will be a much better player then he was this season.

We now have a good building block with Vassell and Keldon now after this season hopefully we can nab a top 5 lottery pick that will be a great fit with these two.
    This upcoming draft is suppose to be 15 deep talent wise. The Spurs have a good chance of getting a good player in the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His handles & body will get better hopefully; he has a bright future!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's showing me that at worst he's going to be a good role player which is still a win for the Spurs.
    I thought he'd be a good role player this season and I'm thinking I was wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's showing me that at worst he's going to be a good role player which is still a win for the Spurs.
    Yeah I feel like he maxes out as a very high level role player...which is great value for the 11th pick...

One of those guys where the spurs win by 12 and the other team feels like they played well and they look at the game log and Devin had 15 points with 3 steals and a block and nobody really even remembers him scoring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I feel like he maxes out as a very high level role player...which is great value for the 11th pick...

One of those guys where the spurs win by 12 and the other team feels like they played well and they look at the game log and Devin had 15 points with 3 steals and a block and nobody really even remembers him scoring
    You seem to be agreeing with him, but you’re not. He said that Devins’s FLOOR is solid role player, and you’re saying that’s his best outcome. If Lonnie had between his ears what Devin does, he’d be an All Star. His mentality is damn near that of a PG. He not only knows where he should be, he knows where everyone else should be on a given play. The bonus is that he has that same floor awareness on defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy what i see a bit of Khris Middleton in Vassel. Middleton isn't the quickest or most athtic guy, but he's gotten an high IQ, with a bility to shoot the 3 and the mid range. Something that I've seen from Vassel. There both great defenders. I would say that Vassel's ceiling could be that of Middleton.

Also Vassel has some long arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy what i see a bit of Khris Middleton in Vassel. Middleton isn't the quickest or most athtic guy, but he's gotten an high IQ, with a bility to shoot the 3 and the mid range. Something that I've seen from Vassel. There both great defenders. I would say that Vassel's ceiling could be that of Middleton.

Also Vassel has some long arms.
    You're not crazy. Read post #97 in page 4 of this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked this kid from the jump when the draft info started coming in. I felt him, Williams, or Jalen Smith were best suited for our needs who might be available at 11.

I’m honestly not too surprised with the little bit we’ve seen from him and I think he (barring injuries) can get better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad there was no tournament last season; FSU was going to have a nice run.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad there was no tournament last season; FSU was going to have a nice run.
    He might not have been here at 11 had FSU had a big postseason run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a minor point of interest, positions 3-5 all scored 34 pts in 3 games. Poku scored 33 in 3 games (14 (& 8 reb) against us, then 7 (& 7 reb) and 12 (& 13 reb). This as a skinny as 18 year old. I suspect that Poku is going to be a player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The injuries could’ve forced Pop to give Vassell more playing time than what Pop would’ve probably played him. And based from Vassell’s performance so far, I’m hoping that Pop will not reel his minutes back. The kid could play a major role and very well be starting sooner than later, hopefully. Arguably the best 2way in the draft, Devin imo has a good chance on the ROY race. And that’s what Spurs fans could be rooting for if anything. Come on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop should start Devin and have Lonnie come of the bench. Lonnie would then have the ball in his hands more and hopefully wouldn’t play as passive as he does when other scorers are on the court with him.

Devin seems to play well with whoever he is playing with (from the little bit we have seen) not too mention he is a better defender than Lonnie and lord knows the starters need defenders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop should start Devin and have Lonnie come of the bench. Lonnie would then have the ball in his hands more and hopefully wouldn’t play as passive as he does when other scorers are on the court with him.

Devin seems to play well with whoever he is playing with (from the little bit we have seen) not too mention he is a better defender than Lonnie and lord knows the starters need defenders
    It will depends who is on the 2nd team if both Mills and Gay are on it, they will reduce Lonnie's time on the ball like what happened to White last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho for the first 2 months, hoping in the meantime everybody is healing, they will try to see if the team is easily play off bound or is gonna struggle... In this second case, then they will go for the tanking...
    Considering actual injuries, white and Johnson can't be counted in the starting lineup, at least for the first part of the season. And probably for all the season except the very last games of things go on the down side.
    In any case its quite obvious Imho that Vassell, because of his team defense skills, is the best solution in the SL with Murray and DDR... I see the SL like
    Djm Vassell DDR Lyles LMA

Then the second five
    White (Tre Jones till he's healed) Walker Johnson (Samanic or KBD till he's healed) Gay Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since some people still ask how tall Vassell is:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since some people still ask how tall Vassell is:

I think he will be taller than Demar in a year or two, and should be able to guard 1-4. He's a natural, and I hope he gets more playing time. He's just going to get better and can really help a lot in defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he will be taller than Demar in a year or two, and should be able to guard 1-4. He's a natural, and I hope he gets more playing time. He's just going to get better and can really help a lot in defense.
    Sure hope he grows. It's rare though. We got lucky with Keldon growing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Pop has a history of not playing good, young players, be it by placing them in the G-League or by keeping them on the bench. But don't you think Devin Vassell would benefit from getting a bunch of G-League minutes, at least for a couple of months, especially when SA should be tanking, but won't if DeRozan and Alderidge are still on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure hope he grows. It's rare though. We got lucky with Keldon growing.
    How tall is Keldon now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How tall is Keldon now?
    I can't snap a good photo but from the looks of it he looks about an inch taller than DeMar. I could be wrong and he could be shorter. Just waiting for the perfect snapshot, since we'll never get accurate measurements.

This Vassell one above was a perfect one because he picked DeMar up from behind and the angle of the camera is good.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-28-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some tidbit on Devin when the Vecenie interviewed College coaches, among him and Patrick Williams , Pat was widely considered the for now prospect and Devin is considered the down the road. Devin may have more potential than we taught.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he looked confident the last game ... I wish he would take away minutes from Rudy but that would need a lot of consistency to convince Pop when White comes back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he looked confident the last game ... I wish he would take away minutes from Rudy but that would need a lot of consistency to convince Pop when White comes back
    There are defensive, physical matches that he can’t handle now that Rudy can, Kawhi for instance.

Devin always looks confident, calm and cool out there. He’s 20, and already a bonafide professional.

Thread Information