Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is shrinking more and more each game and we need some extra firepower off the bench. It wouldn't hurt to try Donatas early going and see what he's got to contribute with a short leash. Thoughts?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop reaching.

Or stop posting.

Your choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this series isn't for davis tbh... the nuggets rotate 3 bigs: jokic, millsap, and plumlee. davis isn't going to be able to battle any of them down low and would get annihilated on the boards. as poorly as rudy has played last 2 games, he's at least battled and rebounded.

bertans would be much more useful against a team that only plays 1 real big, like houston.

its just a matchup thing imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we absolutely shouldn’t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this series isn't for davis tbh... the nuggets rotate 3 bigs: jokic, millsap, and plumlee. davis isn't going to be able to battle any of them down low and would get annihilated on the boards. as poorly as rudy has played last 2 games, he's at least battled and rebounded.

bertans would be much more useful against a team that only plays 1 real big, like houston.

This. Exactly why Spurs need that 6’ 8” athletic wing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can folks stop the with the excuses for Bertans? this dude has proven to be such a mental midget..Third playoffs in a row he has shriveled and quivered his way out of the rotation..

I hate to say it but, but he is vindicating TheGreatYacht's agenda against him ..

Matt Bonner experience Redux..
    Last edited by spursistan; 04-19-2019 at 12:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can folks stop the with the excuses for Bertans? this dude has proven to be such a mental midget..Third playoffs in a row he has shriveled and quickered his way out of the rotation..

I hate to say it but, but he is vindicating TheGreatYacht's agenda against him ..

The ?

Last season he barely got regular season minutes and in the playoffs he ended up being a regular finisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Play him in his position instead, which is small forward, not power forward, tbh.

Mills and Belinelli aren't exactly lighting the world on fire either, yet they continue to see minutes. Bertans would at least provide above average defense on the perimeter.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play him in his position instead, which is small forward, not power forward, tbh.

Mills and Belinelli aren't exactly lighting the world on fire either, yet they continue to see minutes. Bertans would at least provide above average defense on the perimeter.

They tried to last sat night and it was a mess. Pop adjusted the rotations in the second half and they took off.
    Donatas isn’t a good matchup either.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That pretty much sums it up. I'm not even going to try to add anything to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Denver is a bad matchup for Bertans. He’s better suited for another series. Pop is handling it fine tbh. The Mills, Belli, Jakob, Gay lineup is much more disturbing moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see most of you agree this series isn't for Davis but if we have to throw in another big out there, should Donatas be given a shot this series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop reaching.

Or stop posting.

Your choice.
    Try to contribute or GTFO.

Your choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he's played like 93% of his career minutes at PF, and 95% this year. so its hard to call SF "his position"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's played like 93% of his career minutes at PF, and 95% this year. so its hard to call SF "his position"
    Well, it is, tbh. Also no, he played most of his career at SF. He didn't start his career on the NBA, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tried to last sat night and it was a mess. Pop adjusted the rotations in the second half and they took off.
    Donatas isn’t a good matchup either.
    You mean unlike Mills and Beli?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. If Pop lets play Poeltl 30 Mins, spurs dont need another Big.
    What we need are some Wings that actually can guard and hit some 3s.

On the Defensive side we have none, but we have 4 Players who can hit 3s. Problem is, that 3 of them are out of order (Mills, Belinelli, Bertans). If they get it together than the series will even get easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it is, tbh. Also no, he played most of his career at SF. He didn't start his career on the NBA, tbh.
    yeah i dont care what he did in estonia or whatever the

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see most of you agree this series isn't for Davis but if we have to throw in another big out there, should Donatas be given a shot this series?
    I haven't seen enough of Donatas to say. He appears to be moving well, at least. Obviously his sheer size could help. He can't be familiar yet with the Spurs defensive rotations, tho. On defense, they might have to "zone" him near the basket, or watch him get burned when he misses a switch. But I can only guess at how much of the system he knows, and what his physical abilities really are. As a strategic subs ution, I don't think I'd try it, without knowing a lot more about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i dont care what he did in estonia or whatever the
    Do you think it makes sense for him to play SF in Estonia and PF on the NBA where the players are bigger and stronger?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think it makes sense for him to play SF in Estonia and PF on the NBA where the players are bigger and stronger?
    perimeter players are much quicker. bert doesnt have the agility to stay in front of 6'7 slashers. he's better off putting his length to use against other modern stretch 4's. he's also much more useful as a help defender as a 4 than a 3. offensively you provide more spacing with him at the 4 than at the 3. just works out better. its why he's played 95% of his minutes there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perimeter players are much quicker. bert doesnt have the agility to stay in front of 6'7 slashers. he's better off putting his length to use against other modern stretch 4's. he's also much more useful as a help defender as a 4 than a 3. offensively you provide more spacing with him at the 4 than at the 3. just works out better. its why he's played 95% of his minutes there
    And Belinelli and Mills do?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen enough of Donatas to say.

Not nearly enough to tell anything. I still can't figure what they were doing, unless it really was to block the Rockets from bringing him in, since he knows something about their system.

One thing I have seen him do is make those casual sideways sling passes. (Like a wrap-around pass, if there was anyone in front of him.) Looks really cool. But he's going to rock that arm back one of these times and someone is going to take it out of his hands from behind, or jump the passing lane. I know he thinks he knows where everyone is on the court, but it's too casual and doesn't serve any purpose other than to look really casual. Just pass the damn ball.

Davis is in a shooting slump. If the announcers were screaming, "Latvian Laser" 4-5 times a game, we wouldn't be having this other discussion. But I have a hard time thinking that Pop is going to give any real minutes to D-Mo at this point.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can folks stop the with the excuses for Bertans? this dude has proven to be such a mental midget..Third playoffs in a row he has shriveled and quivered his way out of the rotation..

Thanks my nig. It's awful to see so many excuses being made for this loser. He's not magically going to hit shots in the playoffs because his position is SF. He won't stop being a rotating door in the paint against a "better" matchup.

He's Fathead 2.0 all over again. Folks swore he was good but needed the ball in his hands. The scrub is too slow to be a creator. His slomo crossover was a laughing stock. No one respects him yet he's supposed to lure the defense away from the other 4 guys?

I spit on BPM fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throw Cun/Pon in there...can't be any worse than.

Thread Information