Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's simple: Play Carroll and Walker instead of Belinelli and Forbes. This time Carroll and Walker got playing time cause Murray was out and Forbes in foul trouble. Forbes shouldn't be averaging the 3rd most minutes on the team
    I wasn’t aware of the foul trouble. , I was hoping that it was for something else, like maybe a deliberate change in the game plan. I guess we’ll see what happens next.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why Lonnie Walker isn’t getting minutes but also probably should when Forbes is struggling bc he does everything better besides shooting
    Too hesitant on offense? Curious what you are seeing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LW3 played waaay better D than Forbes!! Wish we wouldn't c Forbes anymore!!

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody and I mean nobody beats the Spurs 9 times in a row

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too hesitant on offense? Curious what you are seeing.
    Basically, I think he's just a little green as a scorer still too. Obviously with his athleticism he can get to the rim at will but he needs to work on his finishing skills. He did show off some cutting and passing skills tonight. Obviously the potential on defense is there too. I'd like to see him aggressive and confident shooting from mid range and three and I just don't think he's there yet and the offense doesn't need another guy who's going to be hesitant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White looked pretty banged up tonight. Flailing around, obvious limp. No lift or explosiveness. Air balled a 3. Hope he is alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, I think he's just a little green as a scorer still too. Obviously with his athleticism he can get to the rim at will but he needs to work on his finishing skills. He did show off some cutting and passing skills tonight. Obviously the potential on defense is there too. I'd like to see him aggressive and confident shooting from mid range and three and I just don't think he's there yet and the offense doesn't need another guy who's going to be hesitant.
    I think he needs to get more plays drawn for him, and obviously a lot more time on the court. I can see why Lonnie mostly refuses to take jumpers and looks to pass instead, or won't attack the basket right away when he gets the ball close to the rim... He's probably been told not to try to do too much on the offensive end, and it's mentally blocking him from calling his own number much, which is ironically the opposite problem that DJ has. Once Lonnie has a safe spot in the rotation I can see him opening up his offensive game and going for riskier, more interesting plays rather than playing it safe like he did tonight. That baseline pass was great, for example, would love to see more plays like that out of him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    glad to see people aren't overreacting to a w.

it's a win but still concerning tbh. knicks got the lead down to 5. spurs got lucky the knicks couldn't convert more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This clears things up and we are solid for being the 3rd worst team in the league!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See a lot of positives in this game. Was excited to see Lonnie Walker and Trey Lyles with substantial roles . BOTH delivered.

Pop went big from 3to 5 at the same time. Defense was good then . Not as much midget ball at SF or PF.

Bryn had foul trouble so a limited role allowing Lonnie to show he's comfortable.

Dammari is also playing a more consistent role.

Our Point guards are injured or arnt playing despite the TOs spurs won.

Pop has seen the light. Hopefully it continues.

Build on this win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the Knicks still worse than us? What the ? How can a franchise be this bad for this long, despite being based in the largest city in the nation?

Being worse than the Spurs in 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that irritates me most are the really bad iq plays, especially at the end of games. I cant count how many times we have turned the ball over on an inbound pass because theres no backup receiver when the primary man is being covered. The main culprit most of the time is Rudy Gay. He just blanks out too frequently, like he has Alzheimer's and forgets hes playing basketball.

We do great when we play a traditional lineup consisting of natural size small forward (Carroll) instead of another guard like Lonnie, Beli, or DeMar. Ive been clamoring for this since the offseason that Carroll or Gay should start at SF with DeMar at SG instead. Send Forbes to the bench. Play the right size guys and we dont get killed on defense. Stop playing cute with this three guard lineup. Its that simple.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-24-2019 at 08:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that irritates me most are the really bad iq plays, especially at the end of games. I cant count how many times we have turned the ball over on an inbound pass because theres no backup receiver when the primary man is being covered. The main culprit most of the time is Rudy Gay. He just blanks out too frequently, like he has Alzheimer's and forgets hes playing basketball.

We do great when we play a traditional lineup consisting of natural size small forward (Carroll) instead of another guard like Lonnie, Beli, or DeMar. Ive been clamoring for this since the offseason that Carroll or Gay should start at SF with DeMar at SG instead. Send Forbes to the bench. Play the right size guys and we dont get killed on defense. Stop playing cute with this three guard lineup. Its that simple.
    this is a complaint that many of us have been making for a long time, lateral mobility is overestimated for SFs, It is more important to have size and physicality enough for not to be killed on every screen and any player can be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he needs reps out there. That's what actual game experience does for you. It's no surprise Lonnie looked better and more comfortable in minute 4 than minute 1 last night.

Some guys needs the real reps to get into a rhythm, it's crazy how a lot of people on this board don't get that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See a lot of positives in this game. Was excited to see Lonnie Walker and Trey Lyles with substantial roles . BOTH delivered.

Pop went big from 3to 5 at the same time. Defense was good then . Not as much midget ball at SF or PF.

Bryn had foul trouble so a limited role allowing Lonnie to show he's comfortable.

Dammari is also playing a more consistent role.

Our Point guards are injured or arnt playing despite the TOs spurs won.

Pop has seen the light. Hopefully it continues.

Build on this win.
    We don’t know that Pop has seen the light - and we won’t know for a few more games. What will he do when Bryn isn’t in foul trouble, for example?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much potential just rotting on the bench

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw LeBron ing about not going to the line in last game. Get ready for the over correction just in time for Monday!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw LeBron ing about not going to the line in last game. Get ready for the over correction just in time for Monday!!
    I don’t think that matters against this Spurs team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep winning and screw up their top 5 lottery spot.

Thread Information