Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think this illustrates pretty well why some of us weren't so happy going all in at the play in game... The extra ping pong balls paid off for Sacramento...
    No doubt, rooting for wins down the stretch is dumb for the future of the franchise. Getting passed by other teams in the last couple of months hurt the Spurs chances.

The Spurs are going to need to have a losing season or two to land franchise difference makers. Or else they are stuck building a team without top level talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people are pissed. Spurs are just gonna select another raw undersized wing that no other team in the top 10 would have chosen and we will have posters like that AtlSpur fan saying our pick is the next Ja Morant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin/Daniels/Davis it is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess this is what San Antonio gets for 50 years of service? Pretty stupid for Silver to miss out on a $lam dunk narrative (Spurs burst back into relevancy during their 50th season) that drives small market fanbase confidence across the league. Instead the league rewards garbage entertainment from perpetual losers.

Spurs gotta do more with less because so many other teams are so hapless they need to be propped up. Seriously the top 5 teams, baby re s that get bailed out after deliberately sucking. Hope Spurs can wheel and deal like they do or that someone falls. Going to be hilarious a million seasons from now when we're like "turns out that 22 9 pick was great for us because of the eventual asset cascade that led to San Antonio landing Allstar CP3 Jr."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it give me

9 - Sochan
    20 - trade for 2023 1st (unless Dieng/Agbaji/Davis/Eason fall)
    25 - Wesley
    38 - Miller or Minot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did convert that war chest of picks into Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Robert Williams III and the only significant players on their team who weren't drafted by them are Horford and White. And they probably have to be considered the le favorites right now. What I'd give to see the Spurs able to pull off similar over the next ~5 years.
    Fair enough, and I’ll give you that their stars came via the Nets picks (maybe enough said right there), but we have to put that MASSIVE war chest in proper context. For starters, I believe all/most of those other role players on your list were their natural picks. Then, it’s amazing to reflect on how many FRPs picks they had in the chest from all that wheeling and dealing that turned into a Romeo, Neismith, Yubasele, Ojeleyi, or RJ Hunter. And that’s not counting that they drafted Thybulle and Bane(!) and traded them away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, it can be done. But there's no denying it's a of a lot harder...
    Without question.

As much as I like the idea of trading up to grab a top pick, it may be in the Spurs best interest to trade down if they feel their guy will be available.
    Spurs have shown lately an increased willingness to be bold with roster construction. This draft may very well be the pinnacle of that endeavor...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt, rooting for wins down the stretch is dumb for the future of the franchise. Getting passed by other teams in the last couple of months hurt the Spurs chances.

The Spurs are going to need to have a losing season or two to land franchise difference makers. Or else they are stuck building a team without top level talent.
    That play-in experience or DJM playing for that MIP player which Ja undeservedly got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, stop blaming some phantom enemy. No one convinced us to keep fighting a lost cause for 4 years. The overhaul was due since the Kawhi debacle, and it's been put off for a misguided sense of pride. We landed exactly where our chances said we had to land. No one else to blame.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess this is what San Antonio gets for 50 years of service? Pretty stupid for Silver to miss out on a $lam dunk narrative (Spurs burst back into relevancy during their 50th season) that drives small market fanbase confidence across the league. Instead the league rewards garbage entertainment from perpetual losers.

Spurs gotta do more with less because so many other teams are so hapless they need to be propped up. Seriously the top 5 teams, baby re s that get bailed out after deliberately sucking. Hope Spurs can wheel and deal like they do or that someone falls. Going to be hilarious a million seasons from now when we're like "turns out that 22 9 pick was great for us because of the eventual asset cascade that led to San Antonio landing Allstar CP3 Jr."
    The league didn't reward any team. The lottery was run legit. The spurs chances at moving up were not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, the League and Silver ain't gonna help the Spurs, even if they had a lever somewhere. They despise the franchise for not steering Kawhi to the Lakers like it was supposed to. Aside from just being the Spurs. They probably want to get the Spurs to Las Vegas anyway.

It's a bit of sour grapes, but I never thought the top 4 were sure-fire hits. I can see a team having real questions about extending a guy like Jabari Smith who is never more than a highly paid role player. Good chances they're good, but each has big questions. Moving on, we have three FRPs and some flexibility. Let's get at least a couple good players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a look at Miami’s roster y’all. Bam was their highest pick, at #14 btw…
    Edit: Correction, Herro at #13
    Interested to see what moves Spurs make at the draft.
    Not a very good argument. We have been drafting poorly 4 yrs in a row now.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    should’ve tanked instead of trading for demar like i said at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew it was going to be 9.. Glad it wasn't 10 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, the League and Silver ain't gonna help the Spurs, even if they had a lever somewhere. They despise the franchise for not steering Kawhi to the Lakers like it was supposed to. Aside from just being the Spurs. They probably want to get the Spurs to Las Vegas anyway.

It's a bit of sour grapes, but I never thought the top 4 were sure-fire hits. I can see a team having real questions about extending a guy like Jabari Smith who is never more than a highly paid role player. Good chances they're good, but each has big questions. Moving on, we have three FRPs and some flexibility. Let's get at least a couple good players.
    Conspriacy theory mixed with a crystal ball. Excellent take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings essentially got rewarded for their brain dead Haliburton trade
    not really, Haliburton is better than anyone in this draft not named Banchero/Jalen Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without question.

As much as I like the idea of trading up to grab a top pick, it may be in the Spurs best interest to trade down if they feel their guy will be available.
    Spurs have shown lately an increased willingness to be bold with roster construction. This draft may very well be the pinnacle of that endeavor...
    Hey, I'm all for trading up, down, or whatever it takes, if it improves the talent base. I've said multiple times I like the Charlotte picks, I'm sure there's someone of REAL value there, and I'd rather have two of the same caliber player than one But if they weren't willing to risk losing Primo for extra assets last year, they likely won't risk their preferred choice now, even he's likely to fall down and the next best is very close. Sometimes you have to take a little chance if you want to win... Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can’t be this stupid? Maybe just 10yrs old yah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should’ve tanked instead of trading for demar like i said at the time.
    Could be so far ahead by now.

Hey, we got the satisfaction of paying Softridge off, letting Patty pad for 3 more years and walk for nothing etc and next a 10th seed playoff game. Woopie!
    All about Grandpa n Bryn 2018-21.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That play-in experience or DJM playing for that MIP player which Ja undeservedly got
    Ja deserved it. He is now one of the best players in the league and elevated Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah y'all are probably right but until the league changes things they are pretty much rewarding tanking in effect. Im feeling salty and irrational but cmon it's kinda a pattern with the same teams and I'm not the only one complaining about the process.

Spurs will figure something savvy out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see SpursTalk in full meltdown mode again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah y'all are probably right but until the league changes things they are pretty much rewarding tanking in effect. Im feeling salty and irrational but cmon it's kinda a pattern with the same teams and I'm not the only one complaining about the process.
    The rules are the same for everyone, the difference lies in one's choices in light of them. If there are complaints to be made about the process, now is not the day to make them. It's just reality kicking in. Hope the drafting mojo is back.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs are going to have a hard time without having a couple of bad league worst years to get the top talent.

They no longer have Duncan and no franchise player on the current roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs hit grand slams with two of the most important drafts in the last 35 years or whatever. Boston had the best chances of getting Duncan and they wound up with Ron Mercer and Keith Van Horn. We had about a one in five chance of moving up in this draft with no sure things. We had a better chance of slipping a spot. This wasn't a bad night. It was expected.

Thread Information