Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's contract: 4 years 50 million, 2 years left, last year is partially guaranteed.
    Paul's new contract: 5 years 102 million

Parker: 4 Finals appearances, 3 rings, 1 Finals MVP
    Paul: tw secnd rund exits, no WCFs

det Clipper Nation

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Because CP3 has had a good organization along with a bevy of other players to win championships with? Logic fail.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Id take Chris Paul over Tony Parker any day of the week. Hes easily worth twice as much as Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id take Chris Paul over Tony Parker any day of the week. Hes easily worth twice as much as Parker.
    And in the case of his new contract, it's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Paul had Parker's knees this wouldn't be a question tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Btw, I'm sure CP3 could have done better than Parker's 10 points on 3-12 shooting and 4 assists in Game 7, even on a fake hamstring injury

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don't think he's twice the player Tony Parker is, but I'd take CP3 over Parker too. If Parker played for the Clippers, I don't think they fare any better than they did this past season. If CP3 played for the Spurs, I think they win the championship over Miami. Granted, Parker had to deal with injuries. But I still take CP3 against a healthy Parker.

CP3 may never lead a team to a championship, but he's certainly a max player in the league. And I think the Clippers would have been fools had they not re-signed him.

Gorilla Warfare KoolAid Mans Brother's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Put TP on the Hornets and Clippers the past 8 years, and he never gets out of the first round of the playoffs. Put CP3 on the Spurs the past 8 years, and they have 6-7 les, including this year. This thread = flawed logic at it's best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put TP on the Hornets and Clippers the past 8 years, and he never gets out of the first round of the playoffs. Put CP3 on the Spurs the past 8 years, and they have 6-7 les, including this year. This thread = flawed logic at it's best.
    Since when was logic part of the NBA Forum anyway?

I'll be honest: I'd prefer Chris Paul to man the point for the Spurs, but I'm just pointing out that the #2 guy happens to have a crazily cheap contract.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is a better PG than Parker, no doubt. But it's weird how Parker outplays him head-to-head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is a better PG than Parker, no doubt. But it's weird how Parker outplays him head-to-head.
    Maybe because Paul has never had a great 2nd option (apart from, um, David West) so Pop's great team defense shuts him down while Paul also has never played with a long athletic defensive wing who can give Parker fits?

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's not that weird, when you consider that....

1.) Duncan/Manu (when he isn't in Turnobili mode) > any supporting cast CP3 has had, and Pop > any coach CP3 has had
    2.) CP3 plays a high-risk, high-reward style of defense and gambles a lot for steals, which other elite point guards like Parker can more easily exploit than average or below-average players at the position
    3.) Even LeBron has struggled against the Spurs, so a lesser player than LeBron struggling against them shouldn't be a surprise

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    That's a perception from recent history. But on their career head-to-heads, it's been pretty even with CP3 probably having a slight edge in production and even slightly better individual stats in the playoff match-ups. Parker's teams though have definitely had a big advantage against CP3's teams.

Parker has outplayed him in recent years, but it's not totally lopsided if you look at all the games they've played against each other.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rk Player Season Age FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT% TRB AST STL TOV PTS
    1 Tony Parker 2012-13 30 8.6 16.5 .522 0.4 1.1 .353 .845 3.3 8.3 0.9 2.8 22.2
    2 Chris Paul 2012-13 27 6.4 13.2 .481 1.2 3.6 .328 .885 4.0 10.5 2.6 2.5 18.3

Those steals must worth a lot of money!!!!
    Money is what he is stealing.

Per year salary:
    Paker 12.5 + Ellis $8.5 = $21
    Chris Paul = $21

Again, just an example of using $20+ million dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i take any pass first pg over the french scrub just for the sheer fact watching duncan get volume stats no matter what the outcome is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i take any pass first pg over the french scrub just for the sheer fact watching duncan get volume stats no matter what the outcome is
    So you'd rather have Timmy go below 50 wins for only the second time in his career just for him to marginally go up the all-time scoring list faster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd rather have Timmy go below 50 wins for only the second time in his career just for him to marginally go up the all-time scoring list faster?
    yes, timmy scoring is a art of beauty...

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Chris Paul is literally worth twice as much because he'll win you twice as many games:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co..._ids%5B%5D=310

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both players are elite point guards. You can't say that player X would do a lot better than player Y if....TP plays freely within the confines of Spurs team basketball. You can't substantiate claims that Paul would win 6-7 les playing for the Spurs. Who's to say that Paul would thrive playing under Pop/Spurs system? How can we know if Parker wouldn't have led the Hornets or Clippers to the Finals? We'll never know because that never and will never happen. Both players fit perfectly for the system they play for...that is the reason they are both considered elite.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    CP3 has higher point per shot, higher true shooting percentage, higher assists, much better assist to turnover ratio, much better steals etc.

Basically CP3 is better at everything except three point shooting.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 has higher point per shot, higher true shooting percentage, higher assists, much better assist to turnover ratio, much better steals etc.

Basically CP3 is better at everything except three point shooting.
    CP3 is a better 3pt shooter than Parker moron Parker barely even takes one three per game and shoots a really medicore % while CP3 also isn't Danny Green he's better as he takes 3s occasionally and makes em when wide open.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That's a perception from recent history. But on their career head-to-heads, it's been pretty even with CP3 probably having a slight edge in production and even slightly better individual stats in the playoff match-ups. Parker's teams though have definitely had a big advantage against CP3's teams.

Parker has outplayed him in recent years, but it's not totally lopsided if you look at all the games they've played against each other.
    Thank you.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    CP3 is a better 3pt shooter than Parker moron Parker barely even takes one three per game and shoots a really medicore % while CP3 also isn't Danny Green he's better as he takes 3s occasionally and makes em when wide open.
    Not even sure what to make of this post. Parker takes less threes but makes them at a better percentage.

Thread Information