Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Down the stretch we had problems like we had in a lot of games..."

And Dumbmar is the main man at those times. When you gonna get it, Pop?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bread good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year this team was 10-14 at one point, so i think it is a bit too early for a total meltdown. Let's wait and see. If we go like 7-10 games below 0.500, then i think major changes must come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think once they realistically can't make the playoffs this year they may start moving some pieces. I'm just surprised they have not made any type of roster changes since the season started. They have not looked good at all in any complete game.
    these guys have got to figure it out

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no reason to keep LMA and Derozen, dumping them would be addition by subtraction, Spurs would get a better draft pick, and the young guys would get more playing time.
    anything the Spurs could get in return for them would just be a bonus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patfo only interested protecting pops bull playoffs appearance record, nothing else, even if its being a pretender first round exit...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    they should've blown it up when i said they should: the 2017/2018 season.

i said in the january of that season that kawhi wouldn't be coming back. should've been a blowup / tank season. i was right on the money. has gone way down since.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patfo only interested protecting pops bull playoffs appearance record, nothing else, even if its being a pretender first round exit...
    Once you're in the playoffs, anything is possible!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine they’ll wait for a long time until it’s hopeless before deciding to blow it up, hoping for a change similar to last season’s. They looked even worse this time last year and managed to turn it around.

Once they commit to blowing it up it’s a long hard road for a small market franchise to get to be even mediocre. Easier for fans to have a championship or bust at ude than for people who are required to run a business profitably. Chances are it’ll take them 3 or 4 years of being bad to get to being a fringe playoff team again, so it’s understandable to wait for a while with the hope things get better this season. Don’t expect full tanking until after game 50/trade deadline.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 11-17-2019 at 05:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TEAM really needs a ballhog volume scorer, they should draft one...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First step would be the head coach to step aside. Fresh mind to motivate these guys is needed. Blowing it up blames it all on the players.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't look very good but I would still try doing something this year. If it doesn't work you have half the season after the all star break to tank it. Get whatever you can from the best players, clean up cap, and draft as high as possible for the next 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine they’ll wait for a long time until it’s hopeless before deciding to blow it up, hoping for a change similar to last season’s. They looked even worse this time last year and managed to turn it around.

Once they commit to blowing it up it’s a long hard road for a small market franchise to get to be even mediocre. Easier for fans to have a championship or bust at ude than for people who are required to run a business profitably. Chances are it’ll take them 3 or 4 years of being bad to get to being a fringe playoff team again, so it’s understandable to wait for a while with the hope things get better this season. Don’t expect full tanking until after game 50/trade deadline.
    I don’t agree with the all or nothing. Moving Derozan wouldn’t send the team to the depths. They made the playoffs with no Kawhi and no Derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t agree with the all or nothing. Moving Derozan wouldn’t send the team to the depths. They made the playoffs with no Kawhi and no Derozan
    Don't do this to yourself. This team won't be better without DDR. Neither is LMA the same he was 2 years ago. There's also a huge difference in the supporting cast - it was a true vet team back then. Pop also squeezed every ounce of talent they had.

There are a few promising young players on the roster right now, and hopefully one of them grows to be a star, but currently they're nowhere near other young casts around the league, such as Atlanta's for example who still aren't a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    essentially you're saying

FATHEAD>low IQ frustration Fouling DDR

I agree.

Put in LWJ or KJ and let your "HOF COACH" ... coach em up.... instead of playacting DDR's ego and his explosions of "non calls"

I mean its proven in many aspects wise investments of resources NOW pay long term Dividends LATER.
    Do Not let the HOF COACH try to coach em up. He is a short-timer now. At this critical transitional moment let a new regime have a crack at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs go 1-3 in their next 4 that'll out them at 6-11. Have to think PATFO will at least consider it probably isn't going to work out this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't do this to yourself. This team won't be better without DDR. Neither is LMA the same he was 2 years ago. There's also a huge difference in the supporting cast - it was a true vet team back then. Pop also squeezed every ounce of talent they had.

There are a few promising young players on the roster right now, and hopefully one of them grows to be a star, but currently they're nowhere near other young casts around the league, such as Atlanta's for example who still aren't a playoff team.
    Sure - but Dejounte and White are better and if you get assets for DDR that “fit”? I’m not saying it’s some lock but they won’t be some bottom dweller. Even a reduced LMA with the assets from DDR and the young guys are way better than ATL. It would not be some bottom dwelling team; even if it’s not quite a playoff team.

But that’s the same with Derozan and this team needs a higher ceiling which Derozan doesn’t give SA.

I was for keeping Derozan vs trading him this last off season if SA actually invested in winning now and reshaped the roster to suit their players. But they didn’t do that so the calculus has now changed.

You either go in and build around Derozan (they didn’t) or you trade him. Sa will not be worse without Derozan if they pick up a serviceable role player in the deal (even a Danny Green type)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So any top prospects in the draft lotto next year ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically speaking, blowing it up usually doesn't work.

What blowing it up usually leads to, rather than success, is blowing it up yet again a few years later.

That said, I think the Spurs need to either get DeRozan on board or consider moving him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya this isn’t a blow up unless you move LMA Derozan and Rudy. We already have good role players and young talent. This is reshaping the roster while rebuilding on the fly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to blow it up... no elite talent on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya this isn’t a blow up unless you move LMA Derozan and Rudy. We already have good role players and young talent. This is reshaping the roster while rebuilding on the fly.
    I agree. Not a blow-up. But I do not want to have Pop oversee the “reshaping.” He is not going to be around for the long haul. At this critical transition I want to get a HC in place who will be here for the long haul. There are some critical moves to be made, and I want the guy who will have to live with their consequences to be able to make his own bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they should've blown it up when i said they should: the 2017/2018 season.

i said in the january of that season that kawhi wouldn't be coming back. should've been a blowup / tank season. i was right on the money. has gone way down since.
    Pop should have stepped down and allowed a new regime to handle the Number 2 event. The consequences of the handling of that event were going to have serious impact that would outlast Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure - but Dejounte and White are better and if you get assets for DDR that “fit”? I’m not saying it’s some lock but they won’t be some bottom dweller. Even a reduced LMA with the assets from DDR and the young guys are way better than ATL. It would not be some bottom dwelling team; even if it’s not quite a playoff team.

But that’s the same with Derozan and this team needs a higher ceiling which Derozan doesn’t give SA.

I was for keeping Derozan vs trading him this last off season if SA actually invested in winning now and reshaped the roster to suit their players. But they didn’t do that so the calculus has now changed.

You either go in and build around Derozan (they didn’t) or you trade him. Sa will not be worse without Derozan if they pick up a serviceable role player in the deal (even a Danny Green type)
    These cult members don't get it. They think because DeRozan looks the part of a cliche star, that he actually is one and that if you lose that for mere role players, then the team will naturally be worse.

Trade him (and whatever gets it done, whether it's Belinelli or they have to go a step further, with Forbes and Carroll in his stead) for Gordon and Fournier and the team would be better.

Unless the player is a superstar or a tier under, fit is more important than raw talent. Look at teams like the Raptors and Pacers. Heck, even the Hornets and Wizards. Sure, it won't last, but right now the former is a game under .500 and the latter has the 3rd ranked offense. Only the Wizards have a designated "closer", but he's not only their lone star, but lone sure fire starter period.

Thread Information