Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a disaster of a trade for the franchise. Lost Kawhi and have absolutely nothing to show for it and it’s actively hurting SA now.

And no, Derozan just playing doesn’t count for “something”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a disaster of a trade for the franchise. Lost Kawhi and have absolutely nothing to show for it and it’s actively hurting SA now.

And no, Derozan just playing doesn’t count for “something”

As soon as i saw poodle included with derozan i cringed soo hard...like timvp said its one of the worst trades in sports history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first ing comment after your OP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time of the Leonard trade, it was reported that Philly's offer for Kawhi was RoCo, Saric, and Miami's 2021 first and the Lakers' offer was Ingram, Randle, and a first. Hard to say what pick the Spurs would have got from the Lakers. But would you rather have either the 76ers or Lakers over DeRozan, Poeltl, and Keldon Johnson? X factor is whether Danny Green would have been included to either Lakers or 76ers.

From my standpoint, Ingram is developing into a good player and either Keldon Johnson will have to turn into a good NBA starter or the Spurs need to flip DeRozan for a young player and/or pick who does. Otherwise, I think PATFO chose the wrong deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....X factor is whether Danny Green would have been included to either Lakers or 76ers.
    Add up the salaries to find out. Green, at a nice round $10 million, was included in the Raptors trade to match salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody but the hardcore sniffers knew this was an awful trade from the get go (the sniffers probably knew it too, but the need for sniffing got the best of them). But then we have to hear from folks like Pavlov that we can't possibly ever know more than PATFO about what's better for the Spurs on any single aspect. And once it is impossible to keep pretending that PATFO didn't up, they pull the dishonest "hindsight card". Thankfully there's recorded evidence to expose their bull , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody but the hardcore sniffers knew this was an awful trade from the get go (the sniffers probably knew it too, but the need for sniffing got the best of them). But then we have to hear from folks like Pavlov that we can't possibly ever know more than PATFO about what's better for the Spurs on any single aspect. And once it is impossible to keep pretending that PATFO didn't up, they pull the dishonest "hindsight card". Thankfully there's recorded evidence to expose their bull , tbh.
    You people would whether they took picks or demarr. No one defends this as a good option, but it's good enough considering the straits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people would whether they took picks or demarr. No one defends this as a good option, but it's good enough considering the straits.
    Nah, that's just your dishonest sniffing traits talking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that last sentence , but seems like most people on here knew this was trash from day 1.
    Alright dude. Who do you propose we should have traded Kawhi for instead? No one claimed we won the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi lovers are purposely ignoring the fact that DD has been balling lately. Over 20 ppg on 50% shooting in the last 9 games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi lovers are purposely ignoring the fact that DD has been balling lately. Over 20 ppg on 50% shooting in the last 9 games.
    Kawhi just won a championship, I don't think his fanboys are too worried about a 9-game stretch in January by a player most Spurs fans hated 2 weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright dude. Who do you propose we should have traded Kawhi for instead? No one claimed we won the trade.
    The Lakers package centered around Brandon Ingram and picks tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there were not that many good deals at the time. No team wanted to offer something for an injured player who said that he only wanted to play for LA. Insight is 20/20, maybe Ingram and Hart would have been better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi just won a championship, I don't think his fanboys are too worried about a 9-game stretch in January by a player most Spurs fans hated 2 weeks ago.
    Ok, Kawhi fan Enjoy your two rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there were not that many good deals at the time. No team wanted to offer something for an injured player who said that he only wanted to play for LA. Insight is 20/20, maybe Ingram and Hart would have been better
    Again with this hindsight . Dude, read the thread: no hindsight was needed at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers package centered around Brandon Ingram and picks tbh
    Except that was never offered. Magic even admitted that. It was like Kuzma, Hart and a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that was never offered. Magic even admitted that. It was like Kuzma, Hart and a pick.
    That’s bull . Multiple people confirmed it was on the table. And lol if you believe anything ic says

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris and the two lottery picks. I then contact Philly who has the 10th pick and trade one of the draft picks for Mikal Bridges. Then draft Michael Porter Jr. with the 12th pick. Come away with Tobias Harris, Mikal Bridges and Michael Porter Jr.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris and 12 and 13 were offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the irony is that with the new form that SA is playing, Danny (replacing Forbes) would solve half the problems on this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the irony is that with the new form that SA is playing, Danny (replacing Forbes) would solve half the problems on this roster.
    this, but Pop didn't want him anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tobias Harris and 12 and 13 were offered.
    Nope. It was just something fans speculated on. Clips were only willing to offer 12 and filler.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. It was just something fans speculated on. Clips were only willing to offer 12 and filler.
    Not true! I saw Harris and the 12 and 13 and it was not just fans speculation.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were not interested in trading Leonard on draft night or before then. The longer they waited the market value fell.

Spurs are willing listeners on Kawhi Leonard trade proposals, but haven't been proactive in chasing down offers, league sources tell ESPN. For now, make an offer and they'll add it to their board. Spurs and Lakers have had no dialogue on Leonard.

Spurs were not proactive in chasing down offers. They did what any super conservative organization does, nothing, until they were forced to make a trade to get something back but by then the market value had fallen.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League sources say the Clippers have been trying to lure the Spurs into Kawhi Leonard trade talks with an offer featuring their two lotto picks and Tobias Harris, but it appears they'll be making the 12th and 13th pick for themselves — with Michael Porter Jr. still on the board.

Marc Stein

On June 19th it was Tobias Harris with the 12th OR 13th pick but by the 21st reports had the Clippers sweetening the offer with Tobias Harris, the 12th And 13th picks.

The Spurs were not interested in either offer that is why there was no trade.
    Last edited by rascal; 01-11-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Thread Information