My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott drew for Spurs coach?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Vital dude is a poor man's Big Baby.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BaylorRefs really ed up that game. It would've been close and worth watching if they called the game by the book.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pissed off at that officiating. Should've been a real championship game. Instead we get stuck with that show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzaga thought they were en led to the championship. Baylor wasn't convinced.
    That was an ass-whooping from top to bottom. Baylor a better team by a country mile.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonzaga thought they were en led to the championship. Baylor wasn't convinced.
    That was an ass-whooping from top to bottom. Baylor a better team by a country mile.
    That was a hack fest sponsored by the power conference cartel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called this a mile away tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was that Timme or Patrick Dennehy playing post for the Zags....because Baylor was murdering him out there

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    durp ing about the refs letting them play physical when otherwise always complaining that basketball/football are called too tightly compared to the "good old days". Selective judgment at its finest.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    derp

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not sure any change in reffing would've made a difference in last night's outcome. Baylor was jacking up step-back, iso 3 pointers and hitting them consistently. Their shot selection is poor sometimes, but they've shown they can hit those shots and there's not much you can do as a team to stop it unless you have elite athleticism at the guard position who can guard them man to man.

That game by Jared Butler was probably the most efficient shooting performance by a Baylor basketball player since Carlton Dotson in June 2003

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure any change in reffing would've made a difference in last night's outcome. Baylor was jacking up step-back, iso 3 pointers and hitting them consistently. Their shot selection is poor sometimes, but they've shown they can hit those shots and there's not much you can do as a team to stop it unless you have elite athleticism at the guard position who can guard them man to man.
    There were about 4 momentum calls / non calls that would have changed the game.
    Now as to changing it enough for Zags to win, naw I'm not saying that.

Concur that Baylor was hitting some tough shots, meanwhile Zags were missing particularly treys.
    Treys and O rebounds were the real swings imo.
    BaylorRef came in 3rd.

White Zag guard Kispert i would definitely downgrade in the draft.
    If he ends up being a trey chucker that fits in todays _efense NBA, oh well more power to him.
    But he can't hang with better atheletes imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW vs. DAL 2007. Even Avery's *perfect* team couldn't stop them when Baron Davis/Stephen Jackson were hitting ridiculous, albeit terrible long shots, at a pace that was sustainable to win a 6 game series, but obviously not sustainable to go all the way to the championship, as evidenced in the next round.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    durp ing about the refs letting them play physical when otherwise always complaining that basketball/football are called too tightly compared to the "good old days". Selective judgment at its finest.
    That's some philo . Lite would be proud. You're essentially saying that because I'm for physical play or otherwise acknowledging that that's how the game went that I'm for not calling hacks or that I'm for one-sided reffing. Seriously, pull your head out of your ass, Mr. Selective Judgment at it's finest. And knock off the durp unless you want to be treated like the beta chumpettes.

Baylor was hacking the out of Gonzaga. That's not just merely being physical. At one point Timme was tripped to the floor and even the announcer mused that okay, I guess the refs aren't calling that .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That game by Jared Butler was probably the most efficient shooting performance by a Baylor basketball player since Carlton Dotson in June 2003
    It had a huge impact on the game. Baylor may have still won; but the refs essentially decided that it was not going to be a contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's some philo . Lite would be proud. You're essentially saying that because I'm for physical play or otherwise acknowledging that that's how the game went that I'm for not calling hacks or that I'm for one-sided reffing. Seriously, pull your head out of your ass, Mr. Selective Judgment at it's finest. And knock off the durp unless you want to be treated like the beta chumpettes.

Baylor was hacking the out of Gonzaga. That's not just merely being physical. At one point Timme was tripped to the floor and even the announcer mused that okay, I guess the refs aren't calling that .
    It's a physical game. Soft offensive superpower teams (i.e. the 80s Showtime Lakers, the Nash Suns, the 07 Mavericks, the 12-16 OKC Thunder or the got Splash Brother GSWarriors) suddenly don't look as fantastic when they're matched on a physical level. It's called good defense and hard nosed battling. It's a much more respectable brand of basketball than just watching a bunch of gots make threes and layups all day and get rewarded with 40 free throws on top of that.

The Grizzlies of the early 2010s were the last of their kind in the NBA, I think. The Spurs once had that element with fighter dogs like Bruce Bowen, Kevin Willis, and Robert Horry in the 2000s. Then they went to beautiful game crap which was pretty at times but also cost us les down the stretch of Duncan's career due to reduced emphasis on defense.

Just be glad that a Texas team finally won a major college sports national championship for the first time since, IDK, Vince Young's Texas Longhorns? I could be mistaken.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a physical game. Soft offensive superpower teams (i.e. the 80s Showtime Lakers, the Nash Suns, the 07 Mavericks, the 12-16 OKC Thunder or the got Splash Brother GSWarriors) suddenly don't look as fantastic when they're matched on a physical level. It's called good defense and hard nosed battling. It's a much more respectable brand of basketball than just watching a bunch of gots make threes and layups all day and get rewarded with 40 free throws on top of that.

The Grizzlies of the early 2010s were the last of their kind in the NBA, I think. The Spurs once had that element with fighter dogs like Bruce Bowen, Kevin Willis, and Robert Horry in the 2000s. Then they went to beautiful game crap which was pretty at times but also cost us les down the stretch of Duncan's career due to reduced emphasis on defense.

Just be glad that a Texas team finally won a major college sports national championship for the first time since, IDK, Vince Young's Texas Longhorns? I could be mistaken.
    That's nice speechifying. But it's really not at all what we're talking about. Physical or no physical, there's just going to be some things that are a foul, like blatantly knocking a dude to the floor to create a turnover. And even if we're delving into the let them play arguments, we're talking about stuff like raking the Zags player's arm a shot at one end and no call and then the very next play at the other end calling a ghost foul for an and one.

If you're going to compare it to NBA teams, I go with what I've been comparing it to all along; 2012ish Miami Heat. Yea, they're a top five team. Yea, all things being equal they can win any series. But clearly the refs are allowing them to do all kinds of sh** and not the other team to make it seem like they are truly dominant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's nice speechifying. But it's really not at all what we're talking about. Physical or no physical, there's just going to be some things that are a foul, like blatantly knocking a dude to the floor to create a turnover. And even if we're delving into the let them play arguments, we're talking about stuff like raking the Zags player's arm a shot at one end and no call and then the very next play at the other end calling a ghost foul for an and one.

If you're going to compare it to NBA teams, I go with what I've been comparing it to all along; 2012ish Miami Heat. Yea, they're a top five team. Yea, all things being equal they can win any series. But clearly the refs are allowing them to do all kinds of sh** and not the other team to make it seem like they are truly dominant.
    2012ish OKC was worse imo, especially with Durant-Westbrick-Harden-Ibaka-Perkins. Perkins got away with murder on defense and illegal screens on offense; Ibaka got away with goaltending 5 times a game; Durant and Harden couldn't be breathed on without a foul call and Westbrick would just drive and chunk up whatever random crap and get rewarded with free throws. I hated that team perhaps more than any, definitely more than the Heatles.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2012ish OKC was worse imo, especially with Durant-Westbrick-Harden-Ibaka-Perkins. Perkins got away with murder on defense and illegal screens on offense; Ibaka got away with goaltending 5 times a game; Durant and Harden couldn't be breathed on without a foul call and Westbrick would just drive and chunk up whatever random crap and get rewarded with free throws. I hated that team perhaps more than any, definitely more than the Heatles.
    Until the Finals. Yea, they got away with all kinds of sh** to get the Spurs out though. Game 5 of that Conference Finals will always be a tragedy. That illegal screen call on Manu was pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until the Finals. Yea, they got away with all kinds of sh** to get the Spurs out though. Game 5 of that Conference Finals will always be a tragedy. That illegal screen call on Manu was pathetic.
    Which one, tbh? 2012 was the most rigged especially Game 6 but 4 and 5 were bad too. 2016 were 50/50 calls that the Spurs just got the wrong end of. The Spurs wouldn't have beaten GSW that year though

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which one, tbh? 2012 was the most rigged especially Game 6 but 4 and 5 were bad too. 2016 were 50/50 calls that the Spurs just got the wrong end of. The Spurs wouldn't have beaten GSW that year though
    2012. Spurs were off'd. They would've killed the Heat and Stern knew it. Instead, without the refs on their side, OKC was easy prey in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2012. Spurs were off'd. They would've killed the Heat and Stern knew it. Instead, without the refs on their side, OKC was easy prey in the finals.
    yeah, it was pretty funny seeing Dominos/Westbrick/Frauden throw their arms in the air and like whiny babies throughout the Miami series. Memo... you're not playing the Spurs anymore so no free throws for you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, it was pretty funny seeing Dominos/Westbrick/Frauden throw their arms in the air and like whiny babies throughout the Miami series. Memo... you're not playing the Spurs anymore so no free throws for you.
    I can imagine. But other than a few minutes of a game that I watched at the gym, I withheld my support of WWE Basketball.
    The 2012 WCF officiating was a crime against humanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can imagine. But other than a few minutes of a game that I watched at the gym, I withheld my support of WWE Basketball.
    The 2012 WCF officiating was a crime against humanity.
    It absolutely 100% was, but after some hard consideration I stuck it out for my high school senior year for an even worse fate the very next year, went to college on the note that I was swearing off basketball forever, then around the RRT in 2014 I decided to care about the Spurs again after all and it ended up being fully worth it in the end.

I have however completely renounced basketball on that afternoon in May 2017 when the giest team in league history was allowed to blatantly intentionally injure our superstar and get away with it, just as the UN has blatantly allowed China to get away with manufacturing and intentionally releasing a super pandemic virus to the world to kill millions and blame it on Trump. It was that point that I swore off basketball forever and I never looked back. As for the latter issue, I'm considering swearing off the USA and making it my enemy forever. I'm a very, very dangerous enemy, fwiw.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It absolutely 100% was, but after some hard consideration I stuck it out for my high school senior year for an even worse fate the very next year, went to college on the note that I was swearing off basketball forever, then around the RRT in 2014 I decided to care about the Spurs again after all and it ended up being fully worth it in the end.

I have however completely renounced basketball on that afternoon in May 2017 when the giest team in league history was allowed to blatantly intentionally injure our superstar and get away with it, just as the UN has blatantly allowed China to get away with manufacturing and intentionally releasing a super pandemic virus to the world to kill millions and blame it on Trump. It was that point that I swore off basketball forever and I never looked back. As for the latter issue, I'm considering swearing off the USA and making it my enemy forever. I'm a very, very dangerous enemy, fwiw.
    That never happened. Wuhan club scene was off the hook as beta blue anons were clutching their pearls about it all.
    Corporate American media's job is to manufacture narratives; that is all. Medical industry was paid huge sums to go along with it.
    NBA is just a microcosm of real life. When they learned that people would go along with cheating in sports, they knew they were good to go.

Thread Information