Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? No spam. You’re slipping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if anyone on this team really wants to get back at it. Maybe Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be a bummer if the season resumes, and we win a couple of games that worsens are potential draft pick lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw 11th! We making the playoffs baby! Are players going to mask up during play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dreadful decision if this goes ahead. There is a massive * on this season and people are still dying in American alone by the hundres per day to this virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only for individual workouts, but still seems premature to me.

Guys going to work out are going to be sweating and breathing all over everything. What are they gonna do, sterilize the gym between every session?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dreadful decision if this goes ahead. There is a massive * on this season and people are still dying in American alone by the hundres per day to this virus.
    Thousands. We’re almost to the point of a 9/11 every day, and that’s only officially counting hospital deaths. If they restart the season, they’ll just have to stop it again when players start contracting it. If you do, it’s considered standard procedure to quarantine until two weeks AFTER symptoms stop, so you’ll miss 3-4 weeks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not going to be a season. Not a chance in . The players and owners desperately want one but you're going to do what three weeks of training camp, a couple of weeks of regular season, and then the playoffs and no one in the league is going to get COVID in that time? I've got a better chance of ing Scarlett Johansson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thousands. We’re almost to the point of a 9/11 every day, and that’s only officially counting hospital deaths. If they restart the season, they’ll just have to stop it again when players start contracting it. If you do, it’s considered standard procedure to quarantine until two weeks AFTER symptoms stop, so you’ll miss 3-4 weeks.
    And yet we're opening the economy and nearly everything in it in a few days since red states and Trump are sick of paying unemployment. And Trump doesn't want to throw another crumb to the people since they don't need it to pass another corporate bailout. Mnuchin can just give another $450 billion of low interest loans to them nine more times as a condition of the original bailout bill.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There is not going to be a season. Not a chance in . The players and owners desperately want one but you're going to do what three weeks of training camp, a couple of weeks of regular season, and then the playoffs and no one in the league is going to get COVID in that time? I've got a better chance of ing Scarlett Johansson.

They will just replace COVID victims with G league guys if they have to. Cash is king. Will be stunned if they dont finish it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will just replace COVID victims with G league guys if they have to. Cash is king. Will be stunned if they dont finish it off.
    Yeah, Dalton Hommes would be a good sub for LeBron or KD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy on the team gets it and that whole team quarantines for two weeks. Every team they played quarantines for two weeks. Every ref to call their games quarantines for two weeks. Unless you want to move the entire NBA to Greenland it's not happening.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You are being facetious, but I've actually heard serious chatter suggesting something like this. (South Korea)

Unless you want to move the entire NBA to Greenland it's not happening.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One guy on the team gets it and that whole team quarantines for two weeks. Every team they played quarantines for two weeks. Every ref to call their games quarantines for two weeks. Unless you want to move the entire NBA to Greenland it's not happening.
    The only thing I can think could work is quarantining EVERYONE involved (team and travelling staff, NBA officials and staff, refs, onsite media, hospitality staff, some non-NBA guys for a replacement pool) for a full month, starting a training camp halfway in while testing the out of everyone along the way. Then play a tournament involving every team without even pretending it's a regular championship. Call it the Tribute Cup or some bull . Do the whole thing in Disney World or some complex in a cleaner locale and separate them by a virtual airlock from the world for the months it will take.

It's probably going to be way more restrictive than the players are gonna want. Then don't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are being facetious, but I've actually heard serious chatter suggesting something like this. (South Korea)
    . The LAST ing thing S Korea would do would be to admit planes upon planes of Americans into their relatively under control covid19 minimal country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I can think could work is quarantining EVERYONE involved (team and travelling staff, NBA officials and staff, refs, onsite media, hospitality staff, some non-NBA guys for a replacement pool) for a full month, starting a training camp halfway in while testing the out of everyone along the way. Then play a tournament involving every team without even pretending it's a regular championship. Call it the Tribute Cup or some bull . Do the whole thing in Disney World or some complex in a cleaner locale and separate them by a virtual airlock from the world for the months it will take.

It's probably going to be way more restrictive than the players are gonna want. Then don't do it.
    Someone has to prepare and serve them food, clean their rooms, handle the luggage. This beast lives on paper and plastic for up to 72 hours. There’s just not a way to keep a group of people this large clean that long, not even if they go with a single elimination tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone has to prepare and serve them food, clean their rooms, handle the luggage. This beast lives on paper and plastic for up to 72 hours. There’s just not a way to keep a group of people this large clean that long, not even if they go with a single elimination tournament.
    I included hospitality staff. They'd all have to be part of the moonshot. Could only be done if public health dudes designed it. I am only a rube with a napkin and a pen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pay the players enough and they will do it.

I can't see it bringing in enough money to make that happen, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pay the players enough and they will do it.

I can't see it bringing in enough money to make that happen, though.
    Networks are dying for new programming and I imagine there is pent-up demand for live sports. I'm gonna see if I can find how Taiwan baseball broadcasts are doing with robot audiences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure as dont give a about watching basketball in an empty gym. I cant think of a more easy way to spread this then by playing basketball. Theres going to be alotta ball wiping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate the nba!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure as dont give a about watching basketball in an empty gym. I cant think of a more easy way to spread this then by playing basketball. Theres going to be alotta ball wiping
    Seriously. Let's put 30 guys in close contact, let them breathe and sweat all over each other, and let them all touch the same ball over the course of 2 hours. And that's not even factoring in staff, refs, crews, etc...

Then let's do it on a night-by-night basis with 16-30 teams.

How can that go wrong?

It's more likely that next season gets postponed than this season actually finishes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Let's put 30 guys in close contact, let them breathe and sweat all over each other, and let them all touch the same ball over the course of 2 hours. And that's not even factoring in staff, refs, crews, etc...

Then let's do it on a night-by-night basis with 16-30 teams.

How can that go wrong?

It's more likely that next season gets postponed than this season actually finishes.
    I think it's much more likely the next season gets cancelled than this one not being cancelled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silverberg decided money > health

Thread Information