Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least u getting the real life experience of living in 70s communist Siberia
    Thanks Texas government and affiliated agencies

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may have been near the start of that rotation. 4 hours of power out of 60 and looks like all my pipes are sound.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm out of half & half for my coffee and have to use vanilla ice cream now. Somebody needs to pay for this disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you going to boil water without power? If you have a modern gas range, electric shutoff valves mean no gas. You can use a gas fireplace if you have one, or maybe go out and fire up the grill. You cannot microwave.

Pretty silly stuff, but you just want an opportunity to piss and moan and clutch your pearls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm out of half & half for my coffee and have to use vanilla ice cream now. Somebody needs to pay for this disaster.
    What an ass

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That frozen bum under the interstate will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that’s his specialty, wHeRe’S yOuR sEnSe oF HuMoR?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lost power last night. I'm now standing in line outside heb hoping they have some groceries. They're letting in like five at a time
    Did you get in? Do they have anything?

I don’t store a lot of food here (empty nester, I have time to shop daily if needed for what I want to cook that day) so even planning ahead I only had stuff for 3 fresh cooked meals. So that and the leftovers are gone, and I’m tired of odds and ends out of the freezer so I sent my old dude out yesterday to search for something. He made it to a Target a few minutes before closing and it was wiped out! I couldn’t believe the videos he was sending. He didn’t find anything for a meal but he snagged us a 12 pack of Dale’s Pale Ale and 4 assorted pints of HaagenDazs

So we were feeling pretty lucky lol. But seriously not as lucky as I feel after reading this thread, I’m really sorry for the hardship so many have endured so far; we’ve had zero power/water issues here, the subdivision next to us has been dark for over 48hrs, it’s crazy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next time I'll prepare better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is your sympathy for others? For example I don't even have any Bailey's left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next time I'll prepare better
    The idiot is standing in line outside of HEB on a freezing ing day 3 days after the storm hit because he has no food in the winter time. I don't think you have to do the math on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statewide, cascading public utility failures during a hard freeze is something worth pissing and moaning over, tbh.

If it isn’t, what would be?
    You always seem to find things worth pissing and moaning over. Then you use the excuse that it's worth pissing and moaning over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is your sympathy for others? For example I don't even have any Bailey's left.
    Bailey's!

My wife keeps plenty in stock. Thanks for the idea!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idiot is standing in line outside of HEB on a freezing ing day 3 days after the storm hit because he has no food in the winter time. I don't think you have to do the math on that one.
    Hey dip there was no advance warning that I needed to prep for the President's Day blow out or I would have gotten the extra bread milk and eggs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went to the valero near me to get half & half and it was cleaned out of most everything except Munchos. So I drove over to HEB in Bulverde and there were probably 200 hungry people waiting in line in the parking lot. Weird people don't keep a few days supplies for emergencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you get in? Do they have anything?

I don’t store a lot of food here (empty nester, I have time to shop daily if needed for what I want to cook that day) so even planning ahead I only had stuff for 3 fresh cooked meals. So that and the leftovers are gone, and I’m tired of odds and ends out of the freezer so I sent my old dude out yesterday to search for something. He made it to a Target a few minutes before closing and it was wiped out! I couldn’t believe the videos he was sending. He didn’t find anything for a meal but he snagged us a 12 pack of Dale’s Pale Ale and 4 assorted pints of HaagenDazs

So we were feeling pretty lucky lol. But seriously not as lucky as I feel after reading this thread, I’m really sorry for the hardship so many have endured so far; we’ve had zero power/water issues here, the subdivision next to us has been dark for over 48hrs, it’s crazy.
    I gave up and went to the dollar general down the street. Got in relatively quick there. No milk, eggs or anything cold since they lost power and they don't have backup generators like heb does. I did get a few bags of pasta, canned goods and soda. We're good through the weekend but I feel really bad for a whole lot of people just after talking to a few in line at heb that had next to nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dip there was no advance warning that I needed to prep for the President's Day blow out or I would have gotten the extra bread milk and eggs.
    You had a week's warning dip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and it was cash only, which somehow I had enough of

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How many Texans own a snow plow attachment for their trucks? Not many, but up North a lot of citizens have the equivalent of cold weather packages on their vehicles. They have block warmers, heaters that don't rely on engine temp to produce heat, high idle adjustments, power converters in their vehicles, snow plow packages, etc... They have snow shovels in their garages. They have basements to keep their water pipes from freezing and they can actually get to the pipes to insulate them and/or heat their basement with fuel oil. Many have emergency power in the form of generators. Homes are build and insulated for those conditions. People prepare for the environment they live in, not the once in a lifetime anomaly that could possibly occur. I don't own a snow plow or a snow shovel. , I don't own an ice scraper. Every car I rent north of the frost line has an ice scraper inside. Try getting that in Florida.

So if Texas would winter proof all their buildings, residences, power plants and solar/wind systems, they'd be prepared for these once in a lifetime events. Notably I also don't have a bomb shelter.
    DMC holds Blake to higher standards of preparation than the Texas energy grid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had a week's warning dip

Go yourself, asshat

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went to the valero near me to get half & half and it was cleaned out of most everything except Munchos. So I drove over to HEB in Bulverde and there were probably 200 hungry people waiting in line in the parking lot. Weird people don't keep a few days supplies for emergencies.
    The problem is that emergency food is made with electricity. And/or stored in refrigerators that were out long enough to be made worthless. I got 7 days worth of packaged meat and canned goods thanks to covid but about $150 worth of trash in my refrigerator that i won't dare touch because getting sick with food poisoning right now would be a disaster. We expected to be snowed in we didnt expect to be Liberia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn nigas. I MIGHT GO for another toilet paper run and Im not even in your state

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats just so stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're seriously a huge piece of

Thread Information