Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . . . those are the type of mettle-builders you need in the regular season. The Rockets were hitting everything. Jeremy Lin was Linsanity on steroids. The Spurs defense was a step slow; their offense was discombobulated most of the night. But instead of folding and suc bing to Houston's momentum, the Spurs just methodically kept charging back and charging back.

Subpar defense combined with unbelievable shooting by the Rockets. Offensive rhythm was herky-jerky all night.

Yet still pull out a gutsy win.

Ugly yet necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal 35 mins, no rebounds or assists

He played very well though

At least watching the game gave me something to do, pretty poor showing on D

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unnecessary tbh
    blair was terrible
    responsible for asik going off and the horrible pick and roll defense which led to the 3s

splitter is a houston killer and he only gets 18 mins 10/5 on efficient scoring and good defense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Miami winning vs our scrubs was a great game for them as well or are the spurs the only ones that can have moral victories ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for that vaunted defense, timvp! Yuck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only caught overtime. Timmy was 1 for 9. Was it just a bad shooting night or did he look like his knee was hurting him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Miami winning vs our scrubs was a great game for them as well or are the spurs the only ones that can have moral victories ?
    Different scenarios. If Lin, Asik, and Parsons had sat as well, then yeah.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though the rockets were shooting lights out. We got the stops where we needed them. Defense when it counts is better than no defense at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MORAL VICTORY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want some amoral victories. When's Jack back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the type of game Pop would have white-flagged last season. Good thing he trusts in the defense this season enough to know the Spurs can generate stops when they need them the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans were claiming it a moral defeat at halftime so I guess I'll take a moral defeat victory victory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just busting your balls timvp btw, def a good win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for that vaunted defense, timvp! Yuck!
    Yeah, I mean, when the other team shoots 60%+ from 3 in the first half it's just that our defense is sucking.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only caught overtime. Timmy was 1 for 9. Was it just a bad shooting night or did he look like his knee was hurting him?
    asik is the only player ive seen who actually goes outside to contests mid range jumpers
    so duncan was missing a lot
    he also got fouled in the low block a few times and had no calls or turnovers

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that's like buying a lottery card and winning rather than scratching the out of it and losing, only to tear up the card and taking it to the trash right? WTF? Dude ing went off tonight....

Your boy nandeputo and boner, constantly get minutes with not stats and play like ....uh for years....not just a game or two but always...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neal wasn't hired to rebound and assist. He was hired for one reason only: to shoot the ball. Neal plays like a professional merc. He's brutally honest in his shooting, he doesn't pretend he's anything other than a hired gun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neals 2 rpg and 2 apg are a bonus, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just having a laugh, wasn't critisising, did what he was supposed to

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neal wasn't hired to rebound and assist. He was hired for one reason only: to shoot the ball. Neal plays like a professional merc. He's brutally honest in his shooting, he doesn't pretend he's anything other than a hired gun.
    exactly.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to screw around for 8 minutes of every quarter and win anyway, guys.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No KL

No Jack

No problem!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure was ugly. I switched off between this and the MNF game, but figured i'd rather watch Spurs, but wasn't easy. Almost felt like a hangover game, or maybe their hearts weren't in it, but towards crunch time, you got this feeling they couldn't games like this slip away so they took care of business. Not trying to be a homer but it's amazing this team can flip that switch, majority of teams can't do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly entertaining game despite its rough edges. Some great individual defensive plays in key moments for both teams. Lin, Delfino, Douglas, Parsons and Asik with big plays and clutch shots. Douglas did a real nice job of pressuring Parker & whoever was entering the offense. I was impressed with Douglas' overall play including his five 3s. Lin was a phenom. Gary Neal's conscience, as he told NBAtv, was nowhere to be seen.

This game had a bit of everything. It reminded me of the Spurs v. Heat game. The difference in an L and a W? The 4 players missing at the end in Miami...were there when the Spurs needed them the most, in Houston. Just as Miami's star players dug down to pull the game out after getting down ..the Spurs' key guys scratched back from down-9 in the last qtr and finished strong FTW. I loved watching this game!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once the Spurs got down 9 in the 4th and Lin was going nuts, I thought it might be over. But damn if there's one thing this team has in them it's FIGHT. The Spurs don't ever seem to get TOO high or TOO low in a game, they just play. They never looked panicked in that 4th when they were down. While it was a stressful game to watch as a fan, it was also a really fun game to watch....

Thread Information