Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how revisionist some posters here are with Tony and Manu, like 28th and 57th in the draft are staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would never work with the Spurs. He wants full control of the franchise, player decisions, trades, etc. Spurs have always been the opposite of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would never work with the Spurs. He wants full control of the franchise, player decisions, trades, etc. Spurs have always been the opposite of that.
    True, however sounds like Lebron truly just wants to spend a season or two with Junior.

What you said tho, soo true and a more Laker continual scam type move would be for whomever drafts Bronny to accept some payments from Fakerville ala Kobme Bryant draft etc etc. Thus the ABC Disney Laker Entertainment Production would remain in LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, however sounds like Lebron truly just wants to spend a season or two with Junior.

What you said tho, soo true and a more Laker continual scam type move would be for whomever drafts Bronny to accept some payments from Fakerville ala Kobme Bryant draft etc etc. Thus the ABC Disney Laker Entertainment Production would remain in LA.

That may be true with playing with his son. But that doesn't mean he wants to lose either... I can't see him just going along for the ride ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people realize how desperate the spurs will be for a ticket out of mediocrity. There are roads to avoid, but no road to contention available to a team this mediocre. If TOSB lebron says come you take his corny ticket selling ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think people realize how desperate the spurs will be for a ticket out of mediocrity. There are roads to avoid, but no road to contention available to a team this mediocre. If TOSB lebron says come you take his corny ticket selling ass.
    They could have put together a playoff team this off-season, if that was their goal. That would have eliminated any chance of finding and developing a franchise player. They’d have ty bottom half picks, and no cap room to rent to get more. The playoff run would have lasted 3-4 years, and we’d be right back where we are now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is going to be very telling is how they manage this season. There is no reason to be making a play-in push because others have dropped out the race. I’m not banking on the number one pick but we desperately need a few years picking in the top 5 to get true talent.

Our ability to develop remains a compe ive advantage but it’s easier to develop players who already have elite talent. Keldon and Vassell are going to look damn good in a few years if we can get a few true cornerstones.

We can’t rely on picking late lottery especially when you overlay very stringent character ideals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is going to be very telling is how they manage this season. There is no reason to be making a play-in push because others have dropped out the race. I’m not banking on the number one pick but we desperately need a few years picking in the top 5 to get true talent.

Our ability to develop remains a compe ive advantage but it’s easier to develop players who already have elite talent. Keldon and Vassell are going to look damn good in a few years if we can get a few true cornerstones.

We can’t rely on picking late lottery especially when you overlay very stringent character ideals.
    This is where we are now. Yes a #1 pick isn't given, but we should be able to get in the top 5 at least. We have gotten that bounce in the past. It's hard to acclimate yourself to getting a boatload of losses, but that's where we'll find the pay-off.

As for LeBron coming here, I'm sure he remembers Game 1 of the 2014 Finals and would want a guarantee the AC has been fixed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Even though I do respect him as one of the greats it’s satisfying that there were consequences to his diva ways but if it came to a realistic scenario you have to consider it but I doubt he organically ends up playing for the MLE with wherever Bronny lands. This will be a managed/manipulated process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Even though I do respect him as one of the greats it’s satisfying that there were consequences to his diva ways but if it came to a realistic scenario you have to consider it but I doubt he organically ends up playing for the MLE with wherever Bronny lands. This will be a managed/manipulated process.
    lol first domino coming into place:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raft-discussed

Bronny turns 18 in October and if they changed the rule would be eligible in 2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol first domino coming into place:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raft-discussed

Bronny turns 18 in October and if they changed the rule would be eligible in 2018.
    Won’t kick in till 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we're going to see LeBron start to break down. When the effect of the 'roids starts to wear off the effect on the body is pretty immense. This might be his last truly effective season as a lead player...just my prediction. I'd bet the wheels will come off soon, and come off dramatically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we're going to see LeBron start to break down. When the effect of the 'roids starts to wear off the effect on the body is pretty immense. This might be his last truly effective season as a lead player...just my prediction. I'd bet the wheels will come off soon, and come off dramatically.
    I knew he was cycling downward when he felt the need to poach AD from New Orleans. After his disastrous first season in LA, he knew it would be a chore just to carry a team to the playoffs, let alone a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ is still in immaculate shape. He just needs to get to the playoffs healthy and rested which is the problem. Can’t expect him to play play 82 games at 35 mins a game at this age. TD was playing under 35 mins a game from the mid 2000s onwards. LBJ has been playing 35+ in perpetuity plus involved in yearly deep play-off runs. Give the man his dues.

That’s the beauty of Warriors right now. Klay, Steph and Dray can coast/rest like Tim, Tony and Manu did at the end of their careers and play extended minutes come playoffs.
    Last edited by KingKev; 09-21-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Thread Information