Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    no one here said it was a dominant win. you keep making up stuff that no one here said.

the only claims were that utsa got blown out (a 21 point loss is generally considered a blowout), and that texas was pretty clearly the more talented team, even with a halfhearted effort
    "halfhearted effort"

This is the type of comment that wants to paint a picture that it was easier than what it really was. The butthurt prior to the game about the uniform reveal, and players talking on Twitter minutes after the game suggests that, if anything, the players took this game really personal for some reason.

at the same time, utsa simply isnt even close to ut's level, and no fan in their right mind would say otherwise.
    False. Pure en lement.

Talent wise, resources wise it should absolutely be the case. On paper that's the case. On the field? Not so much. UTSA is a top G5 program. Gets the most out of it's talent and resources. OTOH, no P5 does so little with so much like UT Austin does. You're not levels above any elite G5 program.

and in terms of the "resilience" chatter, thats referring to how half the players on last years squad would have gotten mad and given up after utsa went up 17-7, leaving it to the freshmen to try to bail them out. those guys are now gone, and it shows.
    Don't forget they also went toe to toe and SHOULD have beat Bama! This year's team is different!

and lets not kid ourselves, how much quicker this game would have been over if ewers was playing. receivers were open all over the field, card is just too scared to ever pull the trigger. he fights hard, but hes simply not good.
    Possibly. Coulda, woulda, shoulda though. They had Ehlinger (who was solid) for years and they were still a joke.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "halfhearted effort"

This is the type of comment that wants to paint a picture that it was easier than what it really was. The butthurt prior to the game about the uniform reveal, and players talking on Twitter minutes after the game suggests that, if anything, the players took this game really personal for some reason.
    and yet still blew out utsa by 21

False. Pure en lement.

Talent wise, resources wise it should absolutely be the case. On paper that's the case. On the field? Not so much. UTSA is a top G5 program. Gets the most out of it's talent and resources. OTOH, no P5 does so little with so much like UT Austin does. You're not levels above any elite G5 program.

Don't forget they also went toe to toe and SHOULD have beat Bama! This year's team is different!

Possibly. Coulda, woulda, shoulda though. They had Ehlinger (who was solid) for years and they were still a joke.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    400+ yards, 29 first downs, 9/16 on 3rd downs? And Traylor pulled the starters 5 minutes into the 4th Qtr.

They moved the ball just fine and that's despite the unforced mistakes I mentioned. If you want to delude yourself into thinking this was a dominant win go ahead. 24-20 with under a minute left in the 3rd. To me it still looked like a team that does so little with so much. Treated Bama like their super bowl but back to being the same old soft program.
    Uh, your team treated this game like it was their Super Bowl

9 times out of 10 they don’t recover the onside kick.
    99 times out of 100 that duck the RB threw gets picked off.

Don’t act like Texas caught every break. If it wasn’t for two incredibly unlikely plays going your way, the game may have been over at halftime.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

If framing it like an easy, comfortable win makes you feel better about the state of your program then go for it.

Uh, your team treated this game like it was their Super Bowl

9 times out of 10 they don’t recover the onside kick.
    99 times out of 100 that duck the RB threw gets picked off.

Don’t act like Texas caught every break. If it wasn’t for two incredibly unlikely plays going your way, the game may have been over at halftime.
    Noone is acting like anything. Traylor and team had nothing to lose and they played like it.

But UTSA was up 10-7 before the onside kick and halfback pass, so why would it have been over at halftime without those plays? It's not like UTSA struggled to move the ball throughout the game aside from that "unlikely" halfback pass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If framing it like an easy, comfortable win makes you feel better about the state of our program then go for it.

Noone is acting like anything. Traylor and team had nothing to lose and they played like it.

But UTSA was up 10-7 before the onside kick and halfback pass, so why would it have been over at halftime without those plays? It's not like UTSA struggled to move the ball throughout the game aside from that "unlikely" halfback pass.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    And self-inflicted, momentum swinging plays...pick 6, key drops, untimely offsides. UTSA definitely had more. That's just fact.

So it's not even like it took UTSA to play a perfect game to hang around with UT Austin. They didn't even have that clean of a game. So either UTSA is really really legit or UT Austin is still mediocre. Pick one. Thats all I'm saying. My guess is it's the latter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And self-inflicted, momentum swinging plays...pick 6, key drops, untimely offsides. UTSA definitely had more. That's just fact.

So it's not even like it took UTSA to play a perfect game to hang around with UT Austin. They didn't evenhave that clean of a game. So either UTSA is pretty legit or UT Austin is still mediocre. Pick one.
    41-20

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    comfortable win
    half effort
    Harris prevented 8-10 sacks
    UTSA not even close to muh UT

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    comfortable win
    half effort
    Harris prevented 8-10 sacks
    UTSA not even close to muh UT
    41-20

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    comfortable blowout

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    comfortable blowout
    41-20

lol mad

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol no

They exceeded my expectations. You're the one crying about how UTSA is not even close to UT Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol no

They exceeded my expectations. You're the one crying about how UTSA is not even close to UT Austin.
    41-20

lol so mad

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Ok

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Tariq Woolen Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Sounds like a fabulous prospect as far as physical talent.
    What are the goods on his play?

Just ran 3rd fasted 40 in combine history.

Post Count

Dude has crazy effortless speed.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    UTSA choked against Houston. They got served correctly by Texas. Their games are closer than they should be because of Harris throwing untimely picks, which he seems to do every game. Also, you can always count on Franklin to drop some key passes, just like he did against Houston and Texas.

I am not truly a fan of UTSA, but I do root for them because they are here in SA and have several Judson Rockets on the roster. I honestly believe that if Harris can eliminate the stupid interceptions, he can make a great NFL backup. He has the size, arm talent, and athleticism to do so. Also, he is just a natural leader. However, he just loses his head and throws some ill-advised balls every game.

Of the 3 main WRs, Cephus is my favorite. Franklin is probably the most talented, but his hands are too unreliable. I love the toughness and body control that Cephus displays. Plus, he is a big dude.

They need to find that next RB to carry the load the way Sincere did. He has shown to be tough to replace this year. They have another Judson Rocket in the backfield, De'Anthony Lewis. I hope they give him a shot soon, he was a stud in HS.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    UTSA choked against Houston. They got served correctly by Texas. Their games are closer than they should be because of Harris throwing untimely picks, which he seems to do every game. Also, you can always count on Franklin to drop some key passes, just like he did against Houston and Texas.

I am not truly a fan of UTSA, but I do root for them because they are here in SA and have several Judson Rockets on the roster. I honestly believe that if Harris can eliminate the stupid interceptions, he can make a great NFL backup. He has the size, arm talent, and athleticism to do so. Also, he is just a natural leader. However, he just loses his head and throws some ill-advised balls every game.
    They really should've beat Houston. Would be 5-1 with their lone loss at DKR and they were right in that game for 3 quarters. That'd be a solid resume worthy of receiving some votes in the polls.

I would say there have been a lot of untimely turnovers that have made games closer than they need to be. Yesterday it was the fumble by Brady. The drops by Zakhari have been back breakers too and are essentially turnovers since they've been on 4th downs. For me there have only been two picks by Harris that were on him. The pick 6 against UT and one at Middle Tennessee where he threw it behind an open WR at the goaline. The others were just good plays by DLine or corners, imo.

Harris has become so much more than I ever thought he would. I used to be on the Josh Adkins (Smithson Valley guy, New Mexico St starter before transferring to UTSA) train in Traylor's first year. But sticking with Harris ultimately ended up being the right move. He has turned himself into such a great college QB. I don't think he has an NFL arm but I could see him continuing his career at the Alamodome for the San Antonio XFL team.

Of the 3 main WRs, Cephus is my favorite. Franklin is probably the most talented, but his hands are too unreliable. I love the toughness and body control that Cephus displays. Plus, he is a big dude.
    JT Clark is my guy. He came onto the scene a year after Cephus and Franklin, but I've felt for a while that he was the most physically gifted guy. He's really put it together this year and leads the team (and CUSA) in all receiving statistical categories. He has an NFL body and can high point the ball better than the other two guys. I think Franklin and Cephus might get UDFA deals but Clark for sure gets drafted.

They need to find that next RB to carry the load the way Sincere did. He has shown to be tough to replace this year. They have another Judson Rocket in the backfield, De'Anthony Lewis. I hope they give him a shot soon, he was a stud in HS.
    Lewis got injured in camp. So did Cobbs. There were talks Lewis was just as good as Sincere. That's why Brady (Steele) "unretired" and came back for his super senior year.

Injuries have hit hard this season. They're playing a walk on at tackle. Got an all conference RT back from injury yesterday but lost their LT. Lost two interior DL yesterday for the year as well.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    They really should've beat Houston. Would be 5-1 with their lone loss at DKR and they were right in that game for 3 quarters. That'd be a solid resume worthy of receiving some votes in the polls.

I would say there have been a lot of untimely turnovers that have made games closer than they need to be. Yesterday it was the fumble by Brady. The drops by Zakhari have been back breakers too and are essentially turnovers since they've been on 4th downs. For me there have only been two picks by Harris that were on him. The pick 6 against UT and one at Middle Tennessee where he threw it behind an open WR at the goaline. The others were just good plays by DLine or corners, imo.

Harris has become so much more than I ever thought he would. I used to be on the Josh Adkins (Smithson Valley guy, New Mexico St starter before transferring to UTSA) train in Traylor's first year. But sticking with Harris ultimately ended up being the right move. He has turned himself into such a great college QB. I don't think he has an NFL arm but I could see him continuing his career at the Alamodome for the San Antonio XFL team.

JT Clark is my guy. He came onto the scene a year after Cephus and Franklin, but I've felt for a while that he was the most physically gifted guy. He's really put it together this year and leads the team (and CUSA) in all receiving statistical categories. He has an NFL body and can high point the ball better than the other two guys. I think Franklin and Cephus might get UDFA deals but Clark for sure gets drafted.

Lewis got injured in camp. So did Cobbs. There were talks Lewis was just as good as Sincere. That's why Brady (Steele) "unretired" and came back for his super senior year.

Injuries have hit hard this season. They're playing a walk on at tackle. Got an all conference RT back from injury yesterday but lost their LT. Lost two interior DL yesterday for the year as well.
    I knew about the OL injuries, but had no clue about the RB injuries. Clark is very good too. I put Franklin at number 3 if I am ranking them for the draft.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Should've just tackled him instead of going for the strip but cot damn that speed

3rd pick in as many games

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    was at the game this Saturday. this was my third UTSA game and i have to say that i am really enjoying these games and watching this team play. the game was closer than it probably should have been but it was a nice gut check win.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

it's great to see the local talent play well. too many local kids get overlooked as the SA area plays second fiddle to the DFW, Houston and even Austin area. but these kids can play. judson seems to be playing better as of late, btw. should come down to them and steele for district (per usual).

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    CLUTCH

This team has such a ridiculous record in one possession games over the past two years. That Houston loss was the rare exception. Might have snuck into the Top 25 by now if they had held on to the lead that game.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I hope we hang on to him for as long as we can, but I don't see how UT or A&M don't end up throwing the bank at him within 2 years max... with the shows both those schools have going.

Thread Information