My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 / 32% in November.

Tonight vs OKC he's 5-16 while the rest of the team is shooting 55% +

It's like watching a Byron Scott - Kobme Bryant directed offense so many trips down the floor.

Just entering the 4th in this must win game for Grandpa GOAT.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 / 32% in November.

Tonight vs OKC he's 5-16 while the rest of the team is shooting 55% +

It's like watching a Byron Scott - Kobme Bryant directed offense so many trips down the floor.

Just entering the 4th in this must win game for Grandpa GOAT.
    Must win game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOB has Popped embraced the tank and is indeed Byron Scott to Kombe Bryant?!

Some excellent timely misses by KJ down the stretch.

Waya = Timmy Duncs of 24 years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think the rapists ever shouted and1 everytime he drive into the key...the same cant be said about the spurms player who shouts and1 every time he scores down low...cmon man, concentrate on playing the game instead of waiting for the refs for a bailout call

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think the rapists ever shouted and1 everytime he drive into the key...the same cant be said about the spurms player who shouts and1 every time he scores down low...cmon man, concentrate on playing the game instead of waiting for the refs for a bailout call
    especially since Keldon can’t make FTs anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Kobe just yelled « heyhoheywawey’ » everytime he turned the ball over while driving to the basket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one of the main reasons why tanking isn't a silver-bullet solution. While it's nice for Johnson to get a lot of touches, the team relying on him being an offensive engine means he won't be able to focus on quality looks. He HAS to do something on the court, and as teams have learned to guard him better, that means he has to try to create more from the perimeter. Hopefully he can fix the bad habits he's developed once the team gets some better players. But Murray hasn't fixed his despite being on a talented squad. We'll see. Vassell is teetering on the edge now, but he also clearly has more natural scoring talent than Johnson, who needs to focus on an outside-in game and not have anything to do with primary creation.

I'm also not sure we can say he's playing at his "natural position" like so many fans wanted to believe. He's still a defensive liability, and he'd likely have way more success off the dribble playing against PFs than wings. His inside scoring has also dipped in both frequency and percentage. Could it be because of the lost weight? There's still too much time left in the season to make any strong conclusions. Fifteen games ago, Keldon looked like a future All-Star. Maybe he'll figure it out, but I could see a scenario where he has already seen his peak trade value for the next couple of years. (Speaking of which, the Spurs can trade Johnson relatively easily. The PPP doesn't really affect them, because they can take back the larger matching salary a team has to dish out to receive Johnson into cap space. It could be slightly harder for the opposing team to send out the increased salary (around $14 Million), but it's also possible that taking off $10 Million from their salary actually adds value for those teams rather than removes it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Keldon (and everyone else) has been instructed to just do their best out there, but Spurs are tanking at the end of the day. You can see in Keldon’s face, he’s not happy about losing, not the same jokester that he was. But he needs to be professional and see what’s best for the whole franchise. PATFO is taking a direction that they think would give them a better chance of landing a top 3-4 in next years draft, and could infuse some needed talent in the team. But I still believe the 1st half of last night’s game was a better indicator of how this team plays. It’s going to be a loooong season of losing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we keep losing,let him get his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe chucked his way to scoring les and at least led his team to the playoffs at worst and championships (plural) at the best of times. We should be so lucky KJ becomes Kobme

KJ is more like Gilbert Arenas chucker level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe chucked his way to scoring les and at least led his team to the playoffs at worst and championships (plural) at the best of times. We should be so lucky KJ becomes Kobme

arenas had a 3 year prime (04-05 through 06-07) where he was healthy and led his team to the playoffs each of those 3 years while basically putting up kobe numbers (scoring in high 20's, shooting around 43-44% from the field, getting about 5-6 assists)

was a situation where his best teammate was antawn jamison. basically same situation kobe had between shaq and pau with similar results

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would say he's more like a young Ron Artest type of chucker with his terrible percentages.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s taking 18 shots a game as the team’s number 1 option. That’s nothing. He needs to shoot a high volume and become consistently good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not a shot creator yet but we don't have a lot of shot creation on the team so he's trying to be a creator with contested 3s and some awkward drives.
    His efficiency has gone in the toilet as a result.
    I'm not too worried about it as long as it doesn't get in his head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s taking 18 shots a game as the team’s number 1 option. That’s nothing. He needs to shoot a high volume and become consistently good.
    shot selection, efficiency,

i rather DV increase his volume shooting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's one of the main reasons why tanking isn't a silver-bullet solution.

I'm also not sure we can say he's playing at his "natural position" like so many fans wanted to believe.
    I know you're determined to push your agenda, but I've never heard anyone say otherwise. The argument is that it yields better odds than whatever convoluted scenario you want to propose.

It's still closer to his natural position (now that developmental players have had enough time to adjust to this era, there's been a shift back to playing bigger) he just might be more of a 6th man on a good team where it'd be easier to manage minutes and manipulate matchups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arenas had a 3 year prime (04-05 through 06-07) where he was healthy and led his team to the playoffs each of those 3 years while basically putting up kobe numbers (scoring in high 20's, shooting around 43-44% from the field, getting about 5-6 assists)

was a situation where his best teammate was antawn jamison. basically same situation kobe had between shaq and pau with similar results
    Making the playoffs in the East never meant to me during that era. 38 win teams were consistently in there while in the West you needed 10 more wins to make it. The wizards wouldn’t have made the playoffs in the West

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making the playoffs in the East never meant to me during that era. 38 win teams were consistently in there while in the West you needed 10 more wins to make it. The wizards wouldn’t have made the playoffs in the West
    in the 3 year period without shaq or pau kobe was either out of the playoffs or a bottom 2 seed and first round exit anyway. same crap. arenas' career was decimated by injury

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the 3 year period without shaq or pau kobe was either out of the playoffs or a bottom 2 seed and first round exit anyway. same crap. arenas' career was decimated by injury
    It isn’t the same. Not to me. I view things differently. For instance I don’t believe just bc you make the finals you were automatically the second best team in the league. To me, Larry Birds path to the finals was exponentially more difficult than Magic’s and it plays a part of why I have Magic ranked lower than Bird. Kobe’s teams lost in the first round. But in the East they wouldn’t have been a lower seed and probably would’ve won a round. Also Gilber Arenas had more talent on his team than Kobe. And lastly Kobe played much better defense. Gilbert Arenas couldn’t lead the league in scoring, he couldn’t lead his team to the playoffs if he played in the West, and really it wasn’t injuries that buried his career it was him not being picked for The Olympics and then stupidly saying he was going to go on revenge mode. I think it was Hibachi mode if I remember correctly and he didn’t deliver. He was broken before the injuries. He also brought a gun to the locker room bc of like three thousand dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn’t the same. Not to me. I view things differently. For instance I don’t believe just bc you make the finals you were automatically the second best team in the league. To me, Larry Birds path to the finals was exponentially more difficult than Magic’s and it plays a part of why I have Magic ranked lower than Bird. Kobe’s teams lost in the first round. But in the East they wouldn’t have been a lower seed and probably would’ve won a round. Also Gilber Arenas had more talent on his team than Kobe. And lastly Kobe played much better defense. Gilbert Arenas couldn’t lead the league in scoring, he couldn’t lead his team to the playoffs if he played in the West, and really it wasn’t injuries that buried his career it was him not being picked for The Olympics and then stupidly saying he was going to go on revenge mode. I think it was Hibachi mode if I remember correctly and he didn’t deliver. He was broken before the injuries. He also brought a gun to the locker room bc of like three thousand dollars.
    peak kobe also missed the playoffs, and not like they were the 9 seed either. dont forget that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you're determined to push your agenda, but I've never heard anyone say otherwise. The argument is that it yields better odds than whatever convoluted scenario you want to propose.
    Way to poison the well. Anyway, what you're leaving out when you say "yields better odds" is what odds we're talking about. You've argued that it's the best odds to get a franchise player. That's something we have argued before and probably will again, but getting the player isn't the ultimate goal of any of these plans. Winning games/ les is. That the guys who'd ideally be the supporting players around the star could be developing poorly is a factor in the calculus. We already know the Spurs can lose a star, so it's not just a matter of "get a star and figure out the rest later." The Spurs don't have much "later" compared to some teams, and if they're going to have to start completely from scratch because their other guys don't play winning basketball, then it matters. That's why I said it's not the solution a lot of people argued it was. It has legit risks that go beyond a lottery table.

It's still closer to his natural position (now that developmental players have had enough time to adjust to this era, there's been a shift back to playing bigger) he just might be more of a 6th man on a good team where it'd be easier to manage minutes and manipulate matchups.
    This is said basically without support. He's not playing better at that position. The team isn't playing better with him there. I do agree with you that he might just not be a starter, but that was true when he was a power-forward off the bench and not just a small-forward. It's very possible that he'll play best as a bench big who can space the floor and throw his (heavier) body around rather than a leaner-but-not-agile wing who is relying on ball-handling and dribble moves to get his points. Yes, the dude is in a transition and may well develop as he gets used to playing a new position. But I wouldn't say he looks more at home there. Better sized? Yes. Dunno about anything else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon trying to be Westbrook. Maybe our expectations were too high for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to poison the well. but getting the player isn't the ultimate goal of any of these plans. Winning games/ les is. That the guys who'd ideally be the supporting players around the star could be developing poorly is a factor in the calculus.

This is said basically without support. He's not playing better at that position. The team isn't playing better with him there. But I wouldn't say he looks more at home there.
    Sorry buddy. Come on man. The former and the latter are inextricably linked. Sure, there's more to it than that, but that's the hard part. Everything else is far more doable, especially from a team that despite all their bad luck/foibles in the past half decade, has generally continued to draft and develop well.

I could say the same for your assertion. He's not a natural three, but the reality is that it's going to have to be his primary position (he still needs a four alongside who can cross match) given his physical limitations.

Naturally he's not because he's a finisher on a team with one (low level at that) creator, so he's forcing it.

Thread Information