Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems like the beef is over.

Previously there was some dissing from both sides...remember Pop saying that Nephew was not a leader during his tenure with Spurs while praising Patty and Manu being a true leader. Then Nephew butting back that Spurs conveniently forget about all his contributions for the Spurs once he left the organisation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich embraced him the first game back. I don't get it, if someone stabbed me in the back I wouldn't be so nice, but whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think I remember reading that Leonard cleared the air with Pop personally before he was even traded. Like when Pop's wife died. It's one of the reasons why someone like Jack feels off base because even someone who set up an even more antagonistic relationship with the Spurs seems to have a lot of respect and affection for him. I have a feeling the situation with Murray will be pretty similar regardless of how the crowd reacts. At least, I think Pop will want that, and if DeJounte doesn't react badly to the crowd and lashes out, I think he'll want it too. There are more to these people's relationships than just the professional stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (The above pic is from Leonard's first game back in 2019, in case it's not clear.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think I remember reading that Leonard cleared the air with Pop personally before he was even traded. Like when Pop's wife died. It's one of the reasons why someone like Jack feels off base because even someone who set up an even more antagonistic relationship with the Spurs seems to have a lot of respect and affection for him. I have a feeling the situation with Murray will be pretty similar regardless of how the crowd reacts. At least, I think Pop will want that, and if DeJounte doesn't react badly to the crowd and lashes out, I think he'll want it too. There are more to these people's relationships than just the professional stuff.
    Pop's good people.
    They know it.
    The Game is more than him, but he's good people.
    Not perfect, but moreso than many.

This world could do better with many more Pop's.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: Told you you were growing a bone in that quad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (The above pic is from Leonard's first game back in 2019, in case it's not clear.)
    I was there. That game was quite cathartic for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tear another ACL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is always like that with everybody, coaches, ex-Spurs or not, maybe not with Zaza I don’t know . Pop puts people relationship over basketball, life over basketball. You see on the first part Kawhi seemed to have said to a Clippers staff, “I’m gonna go talk with Pop.” First off, it helps Kawhi’s PR to pay his respect to Pop after the game, everybody does, whatever his intentions. Then Pop seemed to have pulled him aside to ask him, while PG came to say hi. Pop seemed to have asked Kawhi, maybe about his health?? Kawhi answered respectfully, and Pop gestured to his head as if saying “stay focus”?? I wouldn’t doubt Pop would embrace DJ on their first game back, like a father welcoming a prodigal son, to diffuse or for whatever reason. CIA Pop would suggest “keep your enemy closer” But seriously, I think Pop just genuinely love people. SJAX or whoever would try to diss on the Spurs and players, but they can’t on Pop because they know it’s not gonna stick and they would just look dumb. People, players, coaches, they all love Pop and what he represents in the basketball community. Enjoy him while it last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Pop’s maintaining that relationship so in the future he could ask him to mentor future Spurs players, maybe even Sochan. It’s similar to happened with Kobe. Pop asked Kobe and I believe even Jordan to go practice with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a fan I'm not fond of Kawhi for many reasons. I do understand Pop putting all the basketball problems behind him and embracing Kawhi as a person. Pop puts the 'game' in perspective, as opposed to 'life.'

Me, not knowing or caring to know Kawhi, my at ude is more '#!@# that mother%%$##$%er.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what was said, saw Pop gesture both pointer finger to both temples of his head, like JOHN B said, as if to say to Leonard, 'stay mentally focused'?

Pop is a respected elder in this league, even Leonard knows this goes beyond basketball.

I hate Kawhi for bailing on the team but he had a good game last night, I must admit and tip of the cap to Leonard for his performance, fair is fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are evidently far more mature and forgiving of neph than I am. that fool. I won't even ever say or type his name ever again. Won't even capitalize or type out his entire new moniker. It's neph and will always only be neph.

I actively cheer for his failures. I can't wait until he has to retire. Nothing has gone right for this organization since the date he decided to be a coward and on the organization through leaks.

I'd at least call him by his name had he had the balls to ask for a trade publicly and not have his unc and other family and agents throw out slanderous BS. They put a curse on us and made it easy for NBA fans around the league to trash us, especially as he went on to ring in Toronto.

We're cursed. neph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are evidently far more mature and forgiving of neph than I am. that fool. I won't even ever say or type his name ever again. Won't even capitalize or type out his entire new moniker. It's neph and will always only be neph.

I actively cheer for his failures. I can't wait until he has to retire. Nothing has gone right for this organization since the date he decided to be a coward and on the organization through leaks.

I'd at least call him by his name had he had the balls to ask for a trade publicly and not have his unc and other family and agents throw out slanderous BS. They put a curse on us and made it easy for NBA fans around the league to trash us, especially as he went on to ring in Toronto.

We're cursed. neph.
    We’re not cursed, just experiencing normal team things, something that with the exception of one season we didn’t experience from 1989 to 2019. After drawing Robinson and Duncan, we would probably be the most hated team in the league if we win the Wemby lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Pop’s maintaining that relationship so in the future he could ask him to mentor future Spurs players, maybe even Sochan. It’s similar to happened with Kobe. Pop asked Kobe and I believe even Jordan to go practice with Kawhi.
    yeah, can't wait for the rotten apple to mingle with the bunch...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Kawhi loses his leg and testicles to a staph infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Within a year of Kobe working with Kawhi, Magic was already tampering with his family, trying to get him to the Lakers cheaply. No thanks. You don’t open the henhouse door to let the fox in. Not twice, anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never ceases to amaze me how some continue to fall for this fake, made for TV crap. This is part of Pop's schtick: When embarrassed, react the opposite of expected to hammer home his "it's just a game" (that at going on 74, on the least talented team in the league, he can't bring himself to leave) ethos.

We’re not cursed, just experiencing normal team things, something that with the exception of one season we didn’t experience from 1989 to 2019. After drawing Robinson and Duncan, we would probably be the most hated team in the league if we win the Wemby lottery.
    Why do some keep pretending the big three just aged out, S bag was traded for commensurate value and it just so happens that they're here?

Based on how things played out, "normal" should have been roughly the equivalent of the Pelicans, not the only team without a current or projected future centerpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're cursed. neph.
    The Spurs learned a hard lesson in how to react to a player wanting out. I think they thought with Aldridge and to a lesser extent Parker that they could fix everything. After Leonard, I don't think they'll try to hold onto a star. That likely played into them trading Murray. The idea that the Spurs had a chance transition from Tim/Tony/Manu to Leonard/Aldridge/Murray is nothing short of amazing. But it wasn't to be. Now that the combo is broken, they don't have to cling to guys like Johnson. If Keldon keep developing and some others come along, great. But if he stagnates or gets passed up, they can move on. That's a silver lining.

I don't root for the Clippers. They are one of the teams I take some slight pleasure in seeing down in the standings along with Minny. I don't have an active vendetta against Kawhi, but wouldn't be happy with the Clippers winning due to him and Balmer. But I'm also happy with Johnson and Poeltl, and I was happy with DeRozan. It was not a perfect return, and perhaps a PATFO who had a second chance could've timed the trade better and come away with some legit value (though please let us not reopen that can of worms). But when push comes to shove, I just don't care enough about basketball to really get hung up on if the Spurs are winning or losing. They're just a bit of entertainment. Kawhi's a guy who seems to have played a situation poorly due to a mix of understandable and overblown factors. He left SA just like Aldridge left Portland, just like the eventual FA that will hopefully be a big part in SA's renaissance will leave their teams. Just gotta embrace the movement and hope to take advantage of it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're cursed. neph.
    https://youtu.be/X_-q9xeOgG4

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just doesn't have the same effect without seeing Brian up on that cross

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't even care if we were hated for winning the lottery. In fact, bring it on!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs learned a hard lesson in how to react to a player wanting out. I think they thought with Aldridge and to a lesser extent Parker that they could fix everything. After Leonard, I don't think they'll try to hold onto a star. That likely played into them trading Murray. The idea that the Spurs had a chance transition from Tim/Tony/Manu to Leonard/Aldridge/Murray is nothing short of amazing. But it wasn't to be. Now that the combo is broken, they don't have to cling to guys like Johnson. If Keldon keep developing and some others come along, great. But if he stagnates or gets passed up, they can move on. That's a silver lining.

I don't root for the Clippers. They are one of the teams I take some slight pleasure in seeing down in the standings along with Minny. I don't have an active vendetta against Kawhi, but wouldn't be happy with the Clippers winning due to him and Balmer. But I'm also happy with Johnson and Poeltl, and I was happy with DeRozan. It was not a perfect return, and perhaps a PATFO who had a second chance could've timed the trade better and come away with some legit value (though please let us not reopen that can of worms). But when push comes to shove, I just don't care enough about basketball to really get hung up on if the Spurs are winning or losing. They're just a bit of entertainment. Kawhi's a guy who seems to have played a situation poorly due to a mix of understandable and overblown factors. He left SA just like Aldridge left Portland, just like the eventual FA that will hopefully be a big part in SA's renaissance will leave their teams. Just gotta embrace the movement and hope to take advantage of it.
    Aldridge left when his contract was up. Kawhi forced his way out with two years and an option year left. He didn’t leave ‘just like Aldridge’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Within a year of Kobe working with Kawhi,
    I thought Kobme working with Kwa was dispelled as fraudulent myth, Laker style.

Thread Information