Page 460 of 491 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 12267
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    it wasnt just the spurs doctors scrah. It was multiple other doctors. Spurs basically said..Kawhi should play with the pain to develop a level of pain tolerance. Kawhi is scared whenever he senses pain.

I actually think NYC, Dennis and Kawhi are all doing a huge disservice to their own brand. Kawhi could have easily strongly competed for MVP last year and this year, and if the spurs doctors are to be followed and the multiple other doctors he can.

The big difference in diagnosis is the opinion of treatment.

Spurs believe the pain will always be there. Learn to tolerate and increase your pain treshold.

NYC doctors believe it can be cured with rest.

but guess what..its two years now and he is still feeling pain.

in other words, the spurs are right.

Kawhi has a mental block..a fear..that will limit his legacy.

It doesnt matter if he wins three straight with the clippers. That lack of MVP means he will never be in the 5-15 range even if he wins so many rings
    Right, let’s tell Kawhi to play back to back even if he’s still feeling pain 2 years after the diagnosis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its all mental with kawhi. He think playing a set amount will lead to injury.

He doesnt realize all players feel pain one way or the other. But if they CAN play they will play..With the exception of last two weeks of the season.

A guy who is "injured" and plays the next day and looks like the best player in the world the day after...Is not "injured"

He might feel pain but its no more or less than the pain other players play through.

This Load managment should be called kawhi mental managment.

Durant KD Geroge Jordan etc they either wait to be fully healed and resume normal play and minutes.

Geroge was playing with pain last year..in back to back games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, let’s tell Kawhi to play back to back even if he’s still feeling pain 2 years after the diagnosis
    No one was "telling him to play back to backs". What SA did was to inform him that the condition was chronic, and it was a matter of pain tolerance. His quad isn't going to explode if he plays back to backs, much as some here might like it to. It will, however, cause him pain and discomfort. If he can't handle it, he'll be limited to about 60 games, and will never put up the numbers to be considered a top 10 or 15 player. He's 28 now, and has scored less than 8500 points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wasnt just the spurs doctors scrah. It was multiple other doctors. Spurs basically said..Kawhi should play with the pain to develop a level of pain tolerance. Kawhi is scared whenever he senses pain.

I actually think NYC, Dennis and Kawhi are all doing a huge disservice to their own brand. Kawhi could have easily strongly competed for MVP last year and this year, and if the spurs doctors are to be followed and the multiple other doctors he can.

The big difference in diagnosis is the opinion of treatment.

Spurs believe the pain will always be there. Learn to tolerate and increase your pain treshold.

NYC doctors believe it can be cured with rest.

but guess what..its two years now and he is still feeling pain.

in other words, the spurs are right.

Kawhi has a mental block..a fear..that will limit his legacy.

It doesnt matter if he wins three straight with the clippers. That lack of MVP means he will never be in the 5-15 range even if he wins so many rings

its all mental with kawhi. He think playing a set amount will lead to injury.

He doesnt realize all players feel pain one way or the other. But if they CAN play they will play..With the exception of last two weeks of the season.

A guy who is "injured" and plays the next day and looks like the best player in the world the day after...Is not "injured"

He might feel pain but its no more or less than the pain other players play through.

This Load managment should be called kawhi mental managment.

Durant KD Geroge Jordan etc they either wait to be fully healed and resume normal play and minutes.

Geroge was playing with pain last year..in back to back games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No one was "telling him to play back to backs". What SA did was to inform him that the condition was chronic, and it was a matter of pain tolerance. His quad isn't going to explode if he plays back to backs, much as some here might like it to. It will, however, cause him pain and discomfort. If he can't handle it, he'll be limited to about 60 games, and will never put up the numbers to be considered a top 10 or 15 player. He's 28 now, and has scored less than 8500 points.
    Kawhi doesn’t care about that. The goal for him is to win championships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every star player should be given the opportunity to prevent injury by only playing 60 games so that they can be better healthy and give their team a better chance to win a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi doesn’t care about that. The goal for him is to win championships
    You're 15 different kinds of fool. EVERY player cares about their legacy, their historic imprint on the game. Even Robert Horry said he would have traded some of his 7 rings to have a bigger role on his teams, score more, rebound more, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You're 15 different kinds of fool. EVERY player cares about their legacy, their historic imprint on the game. Even Robert Horry said he would have traded some of his 7 rings to have a bigger role on his teams, score more, rebound more, etc.
    Kawhi said regular season is just practice, playoffs is where you start playing real games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi has 3 finals trips, 2 finals MVPs, 2x DPOY and is a lock for all star every year now. he'll have his third finals MVP shortly. he'll be just fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep reading all this stuff about how there's pretty much nothing anybody can do to stop players from using the "Load Management" card at will. However, there are quite a few options the league can choose, especially if they treat it like a regular job. For instance, many of us get paid sick leave and/or family sick leave that is ac ulated every pay check and obviously, deducted once it's used. That means, in that case, it is limited. Sure, if a player is actually sick to the point they can't get out of bed and/or has an illness that is contagious and debilitating, they don't play and that's fine. Health first. They don't even have to set a limit when players get sick like that, especially since these players are so well-conditioned and have so many resources at their disposal that they can get back to 100% quicker than most non-professional athletes or non-celebrities. However, right now, the league hasn't imposed a set limit on using load management, which isn't the same thing as an ongoing sickness or debilitating injury and it's something which Kawhi is abusing as if it were the most glorified sick leave in all of employment. And that's a problem. Why not set a hard limit on how many load management games a player can use? They can even set a soft limit on load management and when one uses that limit and wants to go for more, they have to get a doctor's note that specifies that player x cannot reasonably physically play that certain game. This is DO-ABLE and equitable for the player (and, in turn, their union), the team, the league, and the fans. If Larry Bird can get Bird Rights named after him, they should call this the Leonard Rule.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why Spurs fans would be upset when Pop was load managing before Kawhi made it into a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi said regular season is just practice, playoffs is where you start playing real games
    Ticket Holders and sponsors will be thrilled to hear that..

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every day I see this thread bumped to the top.

Every day I look in, hoping to see a bunch of people saying, "He tore his ACL!"

And every day you pull the rug out from under me.

You guys keep posting the same old things. Post something new like, "He tore his ACL!" You don't sacrifice goats anymore - it's the least you could do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why Spurs fans would be upset when Pop was load managing before Kawhi made it into a thing.
    pop didnt make b2b a strict no no for his players. Timmy was playing back to backs at age 33.

Kawhi has a mental problem.

I dont even think the medical stuff in Toronto believed he was injured as evidence with Nurse statements.

The medical stuff job with kawhi as a superstart is provide kawhi with the confirmation bias he looks for. He is one of those players who dont believe in the science of medice but rather..if i feel pain..I feel pain.

Which goes back to my point.

Everyone plays even when they are slighlty banged up. Kawhi doesnt want to play because he think in his mind and in his own pain treshold that it will lead to injury.

This is on kawhi and maybe Dennis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ticket Holders and sponsors will be thrilled to hear that..
    Not to mention TNT ESPN. Maybe they’ll decide to load manage the next TV contract, and only pay 75% of this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't load managing . That's up to his employer. The Spurs said no. He left. Toronto allowed it and they lucked out by being in the right spot when the Warriors imploded, after James left the East.

Other teams should be concerned that they are facing a player who A) isn't injured but more rested than he should be and B) picks and chooses which games he feels like playing (or the team does). Meanwhile they play their stars night in and night out, and they roll the injury dice much more often, and their stars are more worn down later in the season.

People can point to Pop all they want and place blame, but Kawhi left the Spurs because he freaked the out over an injury an got basically Asperger's level paranoid about it. Now other teams are allowing him to do what ever please his autism. The guy in Houston who wouldn't fly because of an irrational fear that overwhelmed him, that guy lost his job I think.

Either everyone abides by the rules or no one does. I say other teams should sit their stars during televised games to force the NBA's hand. I also think Kawhi will leave the league with a poor reputation and a lopsided rep/award showing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep reading all this stuff about how there's pretty much nothing anybody can do to stop players from using the "Load Management" card at will. However, there are quite a few options the league can choose, especially if they treat it like a regular job. For instance, many of us get paid sick leave and/or family sick leave that is ac ulated every pay check and obviously, deducted once it's used. That means, in that case, it is limited. Sure, if a player is actually sick to the point they can't get out of bed and/or has an illness that is contagious and debilitating, they don't play and that's fine. Health first. They don't even have to set a limit when players get sick like that, especially since these players are so well-conditioned and have so many resources at their disposal that they can get back to 100% quicker than most non-professional athletes or non-celebrities. However, right now, the league hasn't imposed a set limit on using load management, which isn't the same thing as an ongoing sickness or debilitating injury and it's something which Kawhi is abusing as if it were the most glorified sick leave in all of employment. And that's a problem. Why not set a hard limit on how many load management games a player can use? They can even set a soft limit on load management and when one uses that limit and wants to go for more, they have to get a doctor's note that specifies that player x cannot reasonably physically play that certain game. This is DO-ABLE and equitable for the player (and, in turn, their union), the team, the league, and the fans. If Larry Bird can get Bird Rights named after him, they should call this the Leonard Rule.
    Bcos the player can dress and just sit on the bench. Just like Walker and Carroll in some of Spurs game and nothing the league can do about it. Unless the league wanna impose minimum minutes on players with certain contracts but likely will be met with resistances from team owners and players association.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop didnt make b2b a strict no no for his players. Timmy was playing back to backs at age 33.

Kawhi has a mental problem.

I dont even think the medical stuff in Toronto believed he was injured as evidence with Nurse statements.

The medical stuff job with kawhi as a superstart is provide kawhi with the confirmation bias he looks for. He is one of those players who dont believe in the science of medice but rather..if i feel pain..I feel pain.

Which goes back to my point.

Everyone plays even when they are slighlty banged up. Kawhi doesnt want to play because he think in his mind and in his own pain treshold that it will lead to injury.

This is on kawhi and maybe Dennis
    The only reason the media even cares is because it was a national game/prime matchup. Same when Pop sat all those guys against Miami.

The NBA shouldn't dictate when or if teams sit guys out, Pop and the Spurs did a great job prolonging TD/Manu by sitting them out and I would have hated if the NBA prevented the team from doing so. Also Pop is using the same precaution (not playing b2b) with Murray for at least part of the season.

Either way Kawhi is the Clipper's problem, if he wins them a championship no one is going to give a that he sat out b2bs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the odds KL sits out against Houston and plays against the Pelicans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I’m working for someone that lets me take a day off each week, I would abuse that system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your employee who takes 25% of the time off also boosts your companies profits by 60% then yes, take the time off.

SpursTalk Medical Team still presenting so much proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the odds KL sits out against Houston and plays against the Pelicans?
    0% (how it should be tbh), honestly this is a Clippers problem and only your fans should be concerned, I would love for the opposing stars to rest in all games against SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your employee who takes 25% of the time off also boosts your companies profits by 60% then yes, take the time off.

SpursTalk Medical Team still presenting so much proof.
    b-but he sits ass irrelevant regular season games

Muh hardworking average joe buying tickets to the game

Kawhi is about that LOB. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason the media even cares is because it was a national game/prime matchup. Same when Pop sat all those guys against Miami.

The NBA shouldn't dictate when or if teams sit guys out, Pop and the Spurs did a great job prolonging TD/Manu by sitting them out and I would have hated if the NBA prevented the team from doing so. Also Pop is using the same precaution (not playing b2b) with Murray for at least part of the season.

Either way Kawhi is the Clipper's problem, if he wins them a championship no one is going to give a that he sat out b2bs.
    Murray tore his ACL - legitimate caution. #2 tore nothing - illegitimate.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray tore his ACL - legitimate caution. #2 tore nothing - illegitimate.

Dammit. Another day passes with this thread at the top, and STILL no one saying that Autist tore his ACL. I'm starting to lose faith in the basketball gods.

Thread Information