Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    — Thad, Aminu, and Doug (once tradable) are very flipable come the trade deadline. Like some combination of those two could be ballast in a Wiggins + assets trade.

— Essentially Spurs rolled over a good chunk of their cap flexibility (depending on a Lonnie extension) for next year, which I hope is better talent wise than this turd sandwich.

— The rebuild is being fully embraced. I suspect this means a paradigm shift when it comes to the trade market too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    — Thad, Aminu, and Doug (once tradable) are very flipable come the trade deadline. Like some combination of those two could be ballast in a Wiggins + assets trade.

— Essentially Spurs rolled over a good chunk of their cap flexibility (depending on a Lonnie extension) for next year, which I hope is better talent wise than this turd sandwich.

— The rebuild is being fully embraced. I suspect this means a paradigm shift when it comes to the trade market too.
    Again, McDermott has no trade value at $14mil/season. If he was expiring, sure, but a contender isn't gonna take on that extra salary for a net-negative player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these constant double posts are getting annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those protections aren't abysmal, but Chicago doesn't even have their 27 second. I don't think they can trade past 2028, so I don't know where they're getting the two seconds from. The Spurs might be able to use that pick in trades before it ckmes due, but I hate any first that has a chance to become seconds.
    2022 Lakers 2nd Rounder and 2025 Bulls 2nd. Bulls first the earliest 2025, could change into 2026 up to 2027 cause of their pick swaps in the Vucevic trade.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious to see how much the Z. Collins contract is guaranteed. If only this season has any kind of guaranteed money it looks like the front office positions itself to have upwards to 25+ million in cap space once making final decisions with Lonnie and others next summer, plus if this team fails to make the playoffs lottery bound potentially again putting the rebuild further along the way.

Don't hold me to those numbers. I haven't looked them up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these constant double posts are getting annoying
    we still on those slolvenian servers?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeay... now i can finally start watching games again... now that the career losers are gone..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, McDermott has no trade value at $14mil/season. If he was expiring, sure, but a contender isn't gonna take on that extra salary for a net-negative player.
    yeah, the McBuckets signing doesnt mesh at all with the Derozan move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we still on those slolvenian servers?
    timvp said they're in Dallas now, so prolly the ghetto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now which way to the bench?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those protections aren't abysmal, but Chicago doesn't even have their 27 second. I don't think they can trade past 2028, so I don't know where they're getting the two seconds from. The Spurs might be able to use that pick in trades before it ckmes due, but I hate any first that has a chance to become seconds.
    Won't be as bad as our first this year that became a second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't be as bad as our first this year that became a second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now which way to the bench?

Have they ever arrested the guy who beat Aminu with an ugly stick? He did a number on him for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious to see how much the Z. Collins contract is guaranteed. If only this season has any kind of guaranteed money it looks like the front office positions itself to have upwards to 25+ million in cap space once making final decisions with Lonnie and others next summer, plus if this team fails to make the playoffs lottery bound potentially again putting the rebuild further along the way.

Don't hold me to those numbers. I haven't looked them up
    Early estimates is SA would have roughly 31M without Lonnie. If Zach is non guaranteed, that is 38M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young plays the 4 right? And if I’m not mistaken, Aminu the 4 and 5.. that’s probably gonna mean that Luka won’t be playing a lot of minutes, if he gets to play at all. I was hoping the guy would start this year, he actually played pretty well starting those few games this season.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another great thing about this is he wanted to go... after the trade from toronto i knew this had to play out LUL... cause i was scared his feelings would be too hurt if he got traded before then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being called classy by an outgoing player is worth more to the Spurs than any player or pick protection

They just won the classy le.

Zollins will do the same thing when he Medically retires in 30 months

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2022 Lakers 2nd Rounder and 2025 Bulls 2nd. Bulls first the earliest 2025, could change into 2026 up to 2027 cause of their pick swaps in the Vucevic trade.
    I'm talking about the ultimate fate of the first-rounder. Someone said it turns into seconds. My question is, which seconds it turns into.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get all the negativity. This offseason has been as good as I could have hoped for given the cir stances.

1. DeRozan, Mills & Gay (OUT) - I would have been happy for DDR to walk for nothing and the fact that we got something is a big win. DDR's game is simply too flawed otherwise there would have been other contenders trying to do a sign and trade.

2. Primo & Wieskamp (DRAFT) - 2 solid shooters with versatility. People wanted the Spurs to take a swing on an upside player so here you go. Just because it's not the player you wanted, don't complain about it now. I trust the Spurs talent evaluators and they have shown to find gems in most draft years. I'm pretty excited about Primo after reading and watching more videos about him as person and player.

3. McDermott (FA) - He is not going to move the needle on bringing us to contention so let's not overreact. He's there to space the floor and he's a good cutter and more importantly, he doesn't need the ball to be effective. Who cares about his age?? He's not a longterm solution and is there to be another outside threat so our younger guys can have more breathing room in the lane for drives.

4. Collins (FA) - I haven't been following collins but he was top 10 pick and he's a more modern big than what we currently have on the roster. The salary seems high based on the injury history but I assume the Spur did their due diligence. Could it go bad sure but again, taking a swing on a player they like is ok with me and he's only 23.

Finally, we just need one of these guys to get to an all star level for the Spurs to be back in business. I think it's almost a certainty that it will occur based on what I've seen. I remember the majority of the folks on here saying Leonard could never be a number 1 option offensively and were wrong in every way about his game. Therefore, be patient and trust the process. I think we'll know a lot more about this team this year without DDR & Mills dominating the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get all the negativity. This offseason has been as good as I could have hoped for given the cir stances.

1. DeRozan, Mills & Gay (OUT) - I would have been happy for DDR to walk for nothing and the fact that we got something is a big win. DDR's game is simply too flawed otherwise there would have been other contenders trying to do a sign and trade.

2. Primo & Wieskamp (DRAFT) - 2 solid shooters with versatility. People wanted the Spurs to take a swing on an upside player so here you go. Just because it's not the player you wanted, don't complain about it now. I trust the Spurs talent evaluators and they have shown to find gems in most draft years. I'm pretty excited about Primo after reading and watching more videos about him as person and player.

3. McDermott (FA) - He is not going to move the needle on bringing us to contention so let's not overreact. He's there to space the floor and he's a good cutter and more importantly, he doesn't need the ball to be effective. Who cares about his age?? He's not a longterm solution and is there to be another outside threat so our younger guys can have more breathing room in the lane for drives.

4. Collins (FA) - I haven't been following collins but he was top 10 pick and he's a more modern big than what we currently have on the roster. The salary seems high based on the injury history but I assume the Spur did their due diligence. Could it go bad sure but again, taking a swing on a player they like is ok with me and he's only 23.

Finally, we just need one of these guys to get to an all star level for the Spurs to be back in business. I think it's almost a certainty that it will occur based on what I've seen. I remember the majority of the folks on here saying Leonard could never be a number 1 option offensively and were wrong in every way about his game. Therefore, be patient and trust the process. I think we'll know a lot more about this team this year without DDR & Mills dominating the ball.

They are all horny over john collins. They didn't get their golden boy. So they automatically hate everything the spurs do. This forum is absolutely insufferable. Full of ing morons. I've blocked half the people on here and I have started to weed out the far better posts on here like Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those protections are pretty good

Top 10 in 2025, top 8 in 2026, top 8 in 2027. (It could be top 10 in 2026, top 8 in 2027, top 8 in 2028 depending on when the Bulls end up sending a protected first to the Magic.)

We've seen a lot of lottery protected picks traded lately and that's a lot worse than these protections. The chances of the Bulls not conveying a first round pick to the Spurs at some point is low.

Warming up to this trade but still pondering all the ramifications . . .

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early estimates is SA would have roughly 31M without Lonnie. If Zach is non guaranteed, that is 38M.
    All things considered, not a good off season but overall long term they still have flexibility pursuing the draft and free agency next off season which could have a better class of free agency, make final assessments of some for the young bloods

I'm not a fan of the moves overall but having time to consider the actions under a lens it is doesn't fully renew faith with the front office but at least shows where they are heading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on all points, finally some sense spoken

Thread Information