Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gerry Hamilton (Inside Texas):

Top WR Jordan Hudson (SMU Commit) said he still plans to take an official at Texas. He stays in contact with Jeff Banks and Andre Coleman. Date TBD.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Suspended WR Keithron Lee has entered the transfer portal.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    bruh fooooooooooooooooook shaka............kai/brown/sims r all having a tremedous summer league.........how da fook did shaka lose in 1st round

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Take it with a grain of salt coming from TFB. But their Texas source is pretty confident Arch Manning to Texas is happening.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is having an open practice tomorrow, if anyone is interested.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Take it with a grain of salt coming from TFB. But their Texas source is pretty confident Arch Manning to Texas is happening.
    archs family has already been on record after the texas visit adamantly saying that arch will only play for an sec school.......

10585136[/URL]]archs family has already been on record after the texas visit adamantly saying that arch will only play for an sec school.......
    Well uhh, Texas has already been accepted into the SEC lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Practice 10 report (Inside Texas)

In 2016 we suspected freshman Shane Buechele would start at quarterback (it’s the main reason I liked him as the take in the first place) thanks to his maturity and high early floor at the position. But we didn’t know he would start over Tyrone Swoopes until we got a clear idea of rep allocation in practice. The reports of who is playing better is useful but often subjective — understanding rep allocation is the true key.

Dating back to the spring, the Casey Thompson and Hudson Card compe ion had been evenly split when it came to reps with the ones, other than the spring game where Steve Sarkisian placed Thompson primarily with the first group.

This week there has been a change and both rep allocation and subjective practice reports are in agreement that Hudson Card is currently the best option at quarterback, though it’s not like our sources think he’s run away with it yet. There is some separation, though.

While Thompson is with the second team, Sarkisian is still coaching him hard and working with him like nothing has changed on the depth chart. To be expected but good to hear because both will be needed.

One knock on Card is he’s sacked too often but that also tells us he’s protecting the ball and not throwing it up for grabs. There are also times when he’s able to escape the pocket where he demonstrates the willingness to extend plays and keep his eyes down field. Along with being athletic he also has some savviness to him. Not to make Ian’s knees weak, but he has some Pump Fake Purdy to him when on the perimeter.

Of note: While hitting schools yesterday we heard a great first hand account of Card’s toughness but we’ll shelve it for now. No need to give the wrong impression that we’re anointing him. But it is a useful story we’ll get to.

With Casey, it’s more of what we’ve been writing. He’s not getting it out quick enough and if you hesitate in this zero sum DL/OL setting they’re going to get to you. Like Card, he has been playing better than he did in the scrimmage, however, and there’s a lot of confidence in him winning games when he’s needed.

It’ll be ‘interesting’ to hear fan accounts from the open practice tonight.

Moro Ojomo had a big spring but we hear he’s elevating his game once again and has become a very well rounded defensive lineman. Run or pass, he can play it.

This likely coincides with Alfred Collins getting reps at Jack/defensive end. We don’t believe this is a full time move — more of a package — but it indicates the coaches want to find ways to get Keondre Coburn, Moro Ojomo, and Collins on the field together. That makes sense.

Collins had one rep in team drills that really stuck out where he got off the ball in a blur and was into the backfield untouched. Keep in mind he has one of the quickest 10-yard splits on defense.

We asked about Jacoby Jones. He’s been a little quiet. We heard he’s playing well, but better versus the run.

Asked about Ben Davis at Jack. “Pretty good, pretty disruptive at Jack or Sam.”

DeMarvion Overshown has been back but he could have been playing the whole time. They just like to rest him because they already have a good feel for what he is. He’s making plays in practice, shooting gaps or making plays in space.

Resting him does help get Luke Brockermeyer and David Gbenda on the field together. Even with Overshown back, Gbenda does get limited reps with the ones but it seems like Luke has a good handle on the starting spot. Like Ojomo, he’s built on a quality spring.

They could use another linebacker stepping up. Jaylan Ford has been pretty solid.

Kitan Crawford has had some limited reps with the ones. Only health is standing in the way of Josh Thompson and D’Shawn Jamison from playing but Crawford is really good.

Thompson has been very sticky in coverage and the feeling is Xavier Worthy is making the corners dial in their technique because he’s so athletic.

Worthy at slot with Jordan Whittington and Joshua Moore playing outside makes the most sense given the current issues. That’s what was worked a lot yesterday.

Drops have been contagious and Worthy has had his share too of late.

For all the talk about drops, though, Marcus Washington had a solid practice on Tuesday.

They need some guys to step up in a major way. If they don’t, it reduces the ceiling on offense by a good amount.

One position group nobody is worried about is running back. Bijan Robinson had the play of practice when he lit up BJ Foster on a grown man collision. You know Foster will be looking for him tonight.

Full pads tonight for the open practice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Roschon that he keeps getting second team status. Seems to me every time I see him run he's great.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Roschon that he keeps getting second team status. Seems to me every time I see him run he's great.
    probably not anything wrong, just that bijan is looking like one of the best in the nation

Yeah Bijan is Heisman worthy, Roschon is a very good football player and I think a very good running back, but he is a rb that was a qb.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    imo he runs very hard and is very tough...
    But there is no way he has the speed and moves of Bijan and Bijan can also run over people.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man I have the feeling our defense is gonna have to be very good.
    Turnovers and short fields might be necessary for us to be consistently good on offense.
    The inconsistent WR group with a new starter at QB... yikes... As an opponent, I would stuff Bijan and the run and make us pass. And based on our OL I can see how it might be fairly easy to stuff the run if an opponent wants to.

New QB or not I expect the QB to be improved over last year. Especialy the long passes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah if donta could get 2k on that trash team I'm sure bijan will be just fine

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    New QB or not I expect the QB to be improved over last year. Especialy the long passes.
    QB will take its bumps early on, but I expect by OU game they'll start to see improvement.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    cant complete long passes if your oline cant block.........card has taken many sacks in practice as he did in the spring game

Maybe the D-Line is really solid? Bo Davis is a top notch coach. He’s gonna have the D-Line wrecking shop around midway point

Thread Information