Page 102 of 173 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mono is taking all the victory laps.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah maybe the LHN gave a little more en lement when it started, but I don't see how it has any bearing this many years later. it's clearly not the issue itself, although getting rid of it would be a step in the right direction of getting rid of this cancerous culture

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah maybe the LHN gave a little more en lement when it started, but I don't see how it has any bearing this many years later. it's clearly not the issue itself, although getting rid of it would be a step in the right direction of getting rid of this cancerous culture
    Texas pussy ass culture has been around long before the LHN.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mono is taking all the victory laps.
    He needs to walk it at a very slow pace. They have been laughably horrible. Take time to enjoy.

Their history with us has been misery.
    Unfortunately, he did not have to live through us ripping their hearts out and making them flee.
    But neither did I get the pleasure of putting the those banjo playing butfkers through those destructive loses we put on them. But I can read about it.

Going back to the 1969 u tube rape tape instead of alcohol.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    agreed

colt abandoning the team against bama to preserve his NFL career was the final straw

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    agreed

colt abandoning the team against bama to preserve his NFL career was the final straw

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Honestly we have a student body that has so much more than football they don’t really care.
    But when the become rich alumni they put the bucks down.

If you have stuck with this team after 2005 you are very tough, or enjoy torture.

Texas is a whole lot more like USC than Alabama or Ohio St.
    Causual observers.
    Now that we are fully semi pro football that has nothing to do with a school really...
    ... we are the Dallas Cowboys who I fckn hate.

I got a problem.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don’t think he would’ve been the second coming, but he’s the right quarterback for this offense at this time. Besides, I’m sure Jesus would’ve sucked at football.
    Looked that way tonight. Card will be good, but all things considered Thompson brings experience that helps the team more right now...especially with the oline in such bad shape.

10600815[/URL]]How so? Why aren’t the other sports affected? What is it that contributes to football specifically? Please elaborate on how it contributed to the Charlie Strong debacle? How did it contribute to Herman’s downfall? All coaches have media requirements. This has been a soft ass program since before the LHN. But it’s simple and obvious, so explain.
    Texas record:
    2001 - Mack Brown 11-2
    2002 - Mack Brown 11-2
    2003 - Mack Brown 10-3
    2004 - Mack Brown 11-1
    2005 - Mack Brown 13-0
    2006 - Mack Brown 10-3
    2007 - Mack Brown 10-3
    2008 - Mack Brown 12-1
    2009 - Mack Brown 13-1
    2010 - Mack Brown 5-7
    2011 - Mack Brown 8-5
    2012 - Mack Brown 9-4
    2013 - Mack Brown 8-5
    2014 - Charlie Strong 6-7
    2015 - Charlie Strong 5-7

2016 - Charlie Strong 5-7
    2017 - Tom Herman 7-6
    2018 - Tom Herman 10-4
    2019 - Tom Herman 8-5

2020 - Tom Herman 7-3

Bolded years are during Longhorn Network’s existence. Texas brings in Top 10 recruiting classes consistently. It’s not a raw talent issue. It’s a development and toughness issue. For the past 10 years this has been a relatively soft program in comparison to the 10 years prior.

Texas was dominant from 2001 to 2010. The program was consistently tough. Something happened during the next 10 years. They were still bringing in the same Top 10 classes but were pumping out charmin soft teams. Why is that? What has happened? At some point you can’t put the blame entirely all on the coaches. You’re just going to keep cycling through head coaches every 3 or 4 years with the same soft teams. Something within the culture or intangible components is contributing to soft teams.

The LHN is paparazzi’ish with constant coverage. Kids are coming into the program with cameras and crews boosting up egos and en lement with zero success required. There’s an intangible component to this. Kids feel as if they’ve “made it” without needing to produce results on the field.

They can go 0-12 and still get Hollywood treatment. This has an unseen affect in the minds of players and ultimately in practice & preparation & development.

I’m not saying LHN is the sole reason for the decline. I am saying though that it has had in some form a negative affect towards the decline. Even if it’s a small affect it’s still impacting things. There is a culture issue.

I just think that removing LHN is part of the process in cleaning up the culture. Would be a move in the right direction.

Are we the only school with a network like this?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The network is pitiful.

People actually watch it?
    ESPN gifted us $ and we took it.
    Its absolutely horrible viewing.

I guarantee you Del Conte is way too smart to let it go on if he thought it was a problem.
    He has seen where college football is going so he got us into the league that was already paying kids and knew the road.
    We are a real pay for play team now, let’s see how it goes. The image and likeness bs pushed us in.
    And I do think we have a much better coach this time but talent. We ARE NOT CLOSE to a level we can ever cruise with our past. We still are hated and We are a giant rich program which needs talent and the correct guidance.

, Michigan was the #1 winningest football team and look at their failure. They are like the Aggies and Ohio st is what we were. Look at USC. Now we need good evaluators of talent and get it right and get them to Austin. I think we can do this.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ohio State and Oregon would have destroyed us in a horrible way today and we have done very little for them to hate us as much as Arky.
    But they would have been good with destroying Texas. We don’t have gimmes with our rep (it’s not even football necessarily) Just wait for TCU. We will get The treatment we got today if our guys up front don’t play lights out.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    On a positive note......BJ Foster

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I want a new Kicker and move er to punter permanently. He is a damn good punter with a strong leg. However, as a kicker, he is shaky as . All those players on the team, and we can only manage 1 kicker? Over 50,000 students, at least 1,000 world class athletes, and all we can manage is 1 kicker? I am not buying it.

I have been a fan of Horns since the 40s . In all that time Texas has had only one great coach. Great defences and great offences. Did not copy devised his own even devised adifferent to huddle and come out of it to help offence.

If Sark is let go in future I suggest looking for a ex OU QB as a coach.

Arkieloss is as bad as I can remember to a offence that was one dimential.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have been a fan of Horns since the 40s . In all that time Texas has had only one great coach. Great defences and great offences. Did not copy devised his own even devised adifferent to huddle and come out of it to help offence.

If Sark is let go in future I suggest looking for a ex OU QB as a coach.

Arkieloss is as bad as I can remember to a offence that was one dimential.
    BYU loss was worse tbh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fun facts...When Texas lost to BYU in embarrassing fashion it was the second game of the season and they were ranked 15. The final score? 40-21.

It really is like watching the same movie over and over.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Fun facts...When Texas lost to BYU in embarrassing fashion it was the second game of the season and they were ranked 15. The final score? 40-21.

It really is like watching the same movie over and over.
    Was that when the kid who plays in the pros for NO ran all over us?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want a new Kicker and move er to punter permanently. He is a damn good punter with a strong leg. However, as a kicker, he is shaky as . All those players on the team, and we can only manage 1 kicker? Over 50,000 students, at least 1,000 world class athletes, and all we can manage is 1 kicker? I am not buying it.
    Are you going to teach him how to catch a snap? How about a bad snap?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

When you arewining every one is relaxed and make plays.
    When you are getting mud wallowed every one is tight and make mistakes. Even the coaches.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone out there have any eligibility left who can help out the O-line, specifically the left side???

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He could start this year if he was eligible. We need this cat in a bad way.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information