Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2513
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, I have received the JnJ shot. I operate an assisted living facility and an adult daycare. Out of 127 residents and employees 125 have received one of the approved treatments. So I definitely believe the treatments have great value. My earlier point that it does not meet the legal definition of a vaccine is correct. Blacks Law defines a vaccine as a substance taken to PREVENT someone from getting a disease. You never hear about someone who received the polio vaccine getting a mild case of polio. These injections are designed to elicit a particular response from the body if you do get COVID. That’s why treated individuals can still get it and pass it. Once again IMO this is an exciting new technology that has great possibilities beyond COVID. My point earlier was that by calling it something that it is not you raise legitimate concerns that other representations may be suspect. For everyone concerned that they will catch COVID from an untreated person get a shot. Then your risks are similar for the flu. And people can have legitimate reasons for not wanting the treatment. My wife has MS. This is a disease that has long stretches of dormancy punctuated by what can be terrifying periods of activity that can even cause temporary blindness. 11 years ago her MS was triggered by a flu shot she was required to get for her job at Lackland. She had to use a Walker for a period of time. She since has not been required to have the shot with a letter from her neurologist. They are not accepting that now and she has to make a very difficult decision to risk triggering an episode or lose her job. Herd mentality rarely leads to workable, fair solutions.
    Well said..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    XenoThirteen, Thank you so much for your input!

By the way, I'm not against those who refuse to get vaccine. Many people just don't have the correct knowledge and have unnecessary fear. That's why we need to share scientific info with folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, we gonna make some trades or what?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi. Long term lurker here. Have enjoyed the forum for years, just reading.

I’m a physician and here’s my two cents on the issue.

First of, it’s good to ask questions like these. They are valid and opens everything up for discussion, and hopefully, education.

The problem with natural immunity and COVID-19 is that there are so many variants to consider. Right now, the predominant strain appears to be the Delta variant. So if we get infected now, we will likely get that variant, and as a result, be immune to that variant and, in theory, that variant only.

This is the reason why we have to vaccinate and achieve herd immunity. The longer we don’t vaccinate as a community, the more time we give the virus to mutate, which would pose even more issues and possibly necessitate even more boosters. This is one of the reasons why the Flu is such a problem. It mutates pretty much every year, requiring us to get yearly boosters.

Our current fear right now is if we give the virus enough time to mutate further, it may evade vaccines completely, or even present differently than how it did before. Look at the Wild strain back in 2019 and the early 2020s. It used to almost exclusively affect the elderly and those with co-morbidities. The Delta is different in that it now seems to affect all age groups proportionately. Children still usually present with very mild symptoms but I have been to the pedia wards and I see infants and children intubated all the same.

It’s true that we have no sure idea how the vaccine will affect us in the long run because we simply don’t have 5, 10 years’ worth of papers and studies to show to the public proving its safety, but early studies so far have shown that the overwhelming majority of the side effects are mild and self-limiting. The technology used for the mRNA vaccines are the similar to the ones we were trying to develop back in the SARS CoV-1 days so that can explain a bit why Pfizer and Moderna were able to fast track their vaccination development.

We are pretty hopeful that there will be no long-term risks anyway as far as the vaccine is concerned, and that’s backed up anyway by the history of vaccines in general. And since the advent of the first vaccine, the benefit of protection has far outweighed the potential risk it can carry.

I just hope everyone makes the right choice in time.

Hope this helps.
    This forum is no place for rational level headed common sense people like yourself. We prefer rabid mouth breathing morons who make decisions based on conspiracy sites and banned YouTube channels. Thanks anyway.

Sincerely,

ST’s Antivax Assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all horse . You're seriously misinformed and maybe deliberately lying.

Of course it's rushed. How did they test the long time side effects of the vaccine? I'll wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get back to the topic? And move this to another thread?

Counting the days to Oct 1 when Sixers need to ship Simmons or pay 50% of his salary.

Is Poeltl getting shipped if we get Simmons? With the amount of players we have who can play and can open up the lane

Can we get a 1st for Young or wouldn’t the Sixers just take him as a good addition? I think DJ + Young could really help them contend.

I think next week could answe some of these questions, finally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's rushed. How did they test the long time side effects of the vaccine? I'll wait.
    We already know the side effects of the ing vaccine. It's been given billions of times. Good ing grief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already know the side effects of the ing vaccine. It's been given billions of times. Good ing grief.
    We don't know the effects in 5 years or 10. And we are learning more everytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA announced it reviewed and denied Golden State Warriors wing Andrew Wiggins' exemption request on his vaccination status. Wiggins requested a religious exemption to remain unvaccinated, but eligible to play in Warriors home games in San Francisco. The city of San Francisco requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all participants (ages 12 and older) in large indoor events.

Wiggins will be unable to play in Warriors home games until he's vaccinated. Wiggins is also unable to participate in team workouts, due to being unvaccinated. He's currently restricted to individual workouts.

If he still refuses to get the shot, the Warriors have to do something, right? Young and LWIV or Poeltl could be valuable players for them. They could cut Aminu.
    Depending on how the restrictions are in San Antonio (would he be eligible play practice and play?), I would try to do the trade. Wiggings, two FRP for Young, Aminu and Poeltl/LWIV. They get two useful players, we get draft capital and a go-to scorer in Wiggins (who plays the 3) which we could feature and flip before the 22/23 season.
    Last edited by pookenstein; 09-25-2021 at 02:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he still refuses to get the shot, the Warriors have to do something, right? Young and LWIV or Poeltl could be valuable players for them. They could cut Aminu.
    Depending on how the restrictions are in San Antonio (would he be eligible play practice and play?), I would try to do the trade. Wiggings, two FRP for Young, Aminu and Poeltl/LWIV. They get two useful players, we get draft capital and a go-to scorer in Wiggins (who plays the 3) which we could feature and flip before the 22/23 season.
    Young is worth a 1st as is. Poeltl is worth one too. Walker might be as well. And Wiggins needs a 1st just to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he becomes Spurs problem? Pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young is worth a 1st as is. Poeltl is worth one too. Walker might be as well. And Wiggins needs a 1st just to get rid of him.
    So one more FRP and you'd do that from Spurs perspective?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he becomes Spurs problem? Pass
    Just for a season. Maybe only half a season. And I don't think he'd be such a big problem. He's a scorer which we don't have many of next season. Also we don't have that many SF's. And if he's featured heavily on offense the Spurs should be able to flip his expiring contract before the next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can apply that logic to sooooo many things in medicine (Antiobiotics, the antiobiotic tails they are using for covid, etc). Never going to know 100%. Plus this vaccine that Moderna and Pfizer is built upon was already being tested waaay before covid happened. They just altered it to target the original strain of covid. Its been around, just not wildly used yet. Its how they were able to get one setup.

Medicine is a risk/reward game. The rewards from these vaccine far outweight the risks.

We don't know what will happen in 5-10 years is horrible logic. If you applied that to everything else, we'd still be living in caves and objecting to fires to warm ourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So one more FRP and you'd do that from Spurs perspective?
    Three 1st round picks? Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thaddeus Young and his family have been looking for a place to rent in San Antonio since a couple days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't gonna happen from the vaccine, lol. You think we'll turn into monkey people or something?

What will happen to evangelical dumb s who aren't taking the vaccine, but do survive Delta, is their bodies are gonna be so ed up that colds and flues wil finish the job in the next few years for a lot of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't gonna happen from the vaccine, lol. You think we'll turn into monkey people or something?

What will happen to evangelical dumb s who aren't taking the vaccine, but do survive Delta, is their bodies are gonna be so ed up that colds and flues wil finish the job in the next few years for a lot of them.
    That is not what I am saying at all. Stop making up between the lines. I said the vaccine was rushed because it had to be. We don't know the long term effects of the vaccine and learning more about it with time, ie lowering fertility on women. I then recapped and said lets not pretend mandating vaccination doesn't have its issues.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your an idiot if you think it’s just evangelical that are not getting the shots - It’s a whole lot of other groups you leaving out to fit your little ty narrative.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not what I am saying at all. Stop making up between the lines. I said the vaccine was rushed because it had to be. We don't know the long term effects of the vaccine and learning more about it with time, ie lowering fertility on women. I then recapped and said lets not pretend mandating vaccination doesn't have its issues.
    What are your credentials? What are you educated in? What sources are you offering? ute? Natural News? Tyler Durden?

This isn’t as “new” of a vaccine as you idiots think. The core of what the vaccine is built on is older than most on this forum. The foundation of this wasn’t just created in a lab a year ago. This science has been around for a long time. You don’t have anything conclusive or data driven to justify your fear mongering. TBH you’re an idiot on the internet who feeds the fire of other morons who would rather go down the rabbit hole of alt or conspiracy news sites than listen to the overwhelming and universal response from highly educated people that the vaccine is safe. Whether it be religion, politics or just plan stupidity.

You people are a threat to society and a world wide public health liability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t as “new” of a vaccine as you idiots think.
    How many mRNA vaccines preceded these?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough with the vaccine conversation. No one come to SpursTalk for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just passing on bull . There is no lowering fertillity in women. What the . You're just spouting right-wing gibberish for no ing reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your an idiot if you think it’s just evangelical that are not getting the shots - It’s a whole lot of other groups you leaving out to fit your little ty narrative.
    Yeah, at this point the huge driver of unvaxxed are white Republicans, most of them evangelicals, i.e. the stupidest, most misguided morons on the planet. There are unfortunately other groups who are also stupid, but they're starting to pick up and come around.

But the massive problem with this country -- and not just because of the pandemic -- are the stupid Trumper types. Absolutely cretinous, awful, disgusting people who are dragging us down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are your credentials? What are you educated in? What sources are you offering? ute? Natural News? Tyler Durden?

This isn’t as “new” of a vaccine as you idiots think. The core of what the vaccine is built on is older than most on this forum. The foundation of this wasn’t just created in a lab a year ago. This science has been around for a long time. You don’t have anything conclusive or data driven to justify your fear mongering. TBH you’re an idiot on the internet who feeds the fire of other morons who would rather go down the rabbit hole of alt or conspiracy news sites than listen to the overwhelming and universal response from highly educated people that the vaccine is safe. Whether it be religion, politics or just plan stupidity.

You people are a threat to society and a world wide public health liability.
    So your stance is an argument from authority. That's a y position to hold. When I said the vaccine is rushed but it had to be, wtf does that mean to you? When I said we are learning more about the side effects, why do you conclude I'm spreading misinformation? You know that Pfizer for example is it's first of its kind?

Thread Information