Page 819 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098158168178188198208218228238298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 20,451 to 20,475 of 41318
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Introducing Wilbur Dennison

David's estranged brother from another mother

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s lost summer: Sycophants claim victory, but others see incompetence and intolerance

Trump advisers and allies characterize as a

lost summer defined by self-inflicted controversies and squandered opportunities.

Trump leveled racist attacks against four congresswomen of color dubbed “the Squad.”

He derided the majority-black city of Baltimore as “rat and rodent infested.”

His anti-immigrant rhetoric was echoed in a missive that authorities believe a mass shooting suspect posted.

His visits to Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso after the gun massacres in those cities served to divide rather than heal.

Trump’s economy also began to falter,

with the markets ping-ponging based on the president’s erratic behavior.

His trade war with China grew more acrimonious.

His whipsaw diplomacy at the Group of Seven summit left allies uncertain about American leadership.

The president returned from his visit to France in a sour mood, frustrated by what he felt was unfairly negative news coverage of his trip.

a fresh and vivid portrait of the president as seen by Trump’s critics — incompetent, indecisive, intolerant and ineffective.

privately, many of the president’s advisers and outside allies bemoan what they consider to be

a period of missed opportunity and self-sabotage.

his words and actions this summer served to further divide the country and to harden public opinion about the ever-polarizing president.

“President Trump has accomplished more at this point in his first term

than any president in history and

his policies are building a safer, stronger and more secure America.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...nl_most&wpmm=1

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump’s lost summer: Aides claim victory, but Sycophants see incompetence and intolerance

Trump advisers and allies characterize as a lost summer defined by self-inflicted controversies and squandered opportunities.

Trump leveled racist attacks against four congresswomen of color dubbed “the Squad.”

He derided the majority-black city of Baltimore as “rat and rodent infested.”

His anti-immigrant rhetoric was echoed in a missive that authorities believe a mass shooting suspect posted.

His visits to Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso after the gun massacres in those cities served to divide rather than heal.

Trump’s economy also began to falter,

with the markets ping-ponging based on the president’s erratic behavior.

His trade war with China grew more acrimonious.

His whipsaw diplomacy at the Group of Seven summit left allies uncertain about American leadership.

The president returned from his visit to France in a sour mood, frustrated by what he felt was unfairly negative news coverage of his trip.

a fresh and vivid portrait of the president as seen by Trump’s critics — incompetent, indecisive, intolerant and ineffective.

privately, many of the president’s advisers and outside allies bemoan what they consider to be

a period of missed opportunity and self-sabotage.

his words and actions this summer served to further divide the country and to harden public opinion about the ever-polarizing president.

“President Trump has accomplished more at this point in his first term

than any president in history and

his policies are building a safer, stronger and more secure America.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...nl_most&wpmm=1

He put Mule down---like a dog.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Interesting...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Interesting...
    ...just remember:::flying back across this great land we was down 2-3 in the Summer of '10. We was going back to California because Kobe had hit one shot after another to jerk our fat out of a string of fires across the first 82 games, enabling, I said enabling Artest to stand on California ground when he used the crown of Pierces' head to sight that 3 & deliver us yet another back-to-back.

Once Americans get in that small cubicle & pull the curtain across behind them, they'll pull that lever, punch that chad, x out that line for the old man.

They ain't giving up $2.75 a gallon black gold, they ain't giving up 401k riches, they ain't giving up a 27k+ DOW. No in' way.

Got to keep the faith, take over one borough at a time. Secure that borough, secure that turf, because there but ain't like 3,000 cops in the whole in' city. We got 30,000 hard core members, 50,000 with affiliates, and 60,000 more in grade school, but, ready to fight.

Now, dig that, LF!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...just remember:::flying back across this great land we was down 2-3 in the Summer of '10. We was going back to California because Kobe had hit one shot after another to jerk our fat out of a string of fires across the first 82 games, enabling, I said enabling Artest to stand on California ground when he used the crown of Pierces' head to sight that 3 & deliver us yet another back-to-back.

Once Americans get in that small cubicle & pull the curtain across behind them, they'll pull that lever, punch that chad, x out that line for the old man.

They ain't giving up $2.75 a gallon black gold, they ain't giving up 401k riches, they ain't giving up a 27k+ DOW. No in' way.

Got to keep the faith, take over one borough at a time. Secure that borough, secure that turf, because there but ain't like 3,000 cops in the whole in' city. We got 30,000 hard core members, 50,000 with affiliates, and 60,000 more in grade school, but, ready to fight.

Now, dig that, LF!!!
    I can dig it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pollsters are manipulating President Donald Trump's approval numbers, and I can prove it.

Let me walk you through the facts.

Just last week Reuters/Ipsos released a poll showing the President with a job approval of just 42%.

At first glance, this is not a bad number considering the media's all-out attack on the president, a negative press barrage unprecedented in U.S. history.

But the numbers are much better than Reuters claims.

I sifted through the polls raw data and polling "methodology."

What I found is this is a poll of "registered voters" – not likely voters.

One Trump pollster told me flatly, Donald Trump does at least 4 to 5 points better with respondents who actually show up and vote.

We certainly saw that phenomena in 2016.

So, this slight qualification of the poll – focusing on likely voters – would push the president's current approval number from the low 40s to the high 40s.

This shift also puts the president within striking distance of reaching the magic 50% mark.

The Reuters poll data also reveals something more startling.

The survey says it sampled 961 registered voters of which 456 were Democrats, 361 Republicans, and 106 independents.

Reuters gave the Democrats 95 more survey responses than Republicans, weighting Democrats as 47% of the poll sample, compared to 38% Republicans.

This is a lopsided weighting in favor of the Democrats, giving them a 9-point advantage.

The Reuters survey would be accurate if Democrats actually voted in this same proportion.

But they don't.

I looked at the 2018 election exit polls.

The turnout was massive, and the exit poll found 37% of voters described themselves as Democrats and 33% as Republicans, a 4-point spread.

Had the Reuters poll used the same 4-point spread in its recent survey, fairly accounting for Republican voters, Trump would have surged over 50% approval (especially when factoring in "likely" voters).

Trump's poll numbers are good because he has powerful winds at his back.

The economy is roaring with historic, low unemployment.

He has a strong security and foreign policy record: North Korea has been contained; ISIS wiped out; and our allies put on notice they cannot take us for granted.

And the president is on the verge of ending U.S. involvement in the almost 20-year-old war in Afghanistan.

Trump has China on the ropes as he seeks to rebalance our trade deficit.

Wall Street is not particularly happy with his confrontational approach, but it is apparently resonating with Main Street and working Americans – as the polls show.

Clearly, the president is close to having a "lock" on his re-election.

One clue this is true is the relatively weak field of Democratic candidates seeking to challenge him for the presidency.

Obviously, potential Democratic challengers have read the polls and grasp the fact the president's numbers are much stronger than the pollsters would have you believe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘He is losing it’:

Trump blasted for argument with the National Weather Service about Hurricane Dorian

IT'S FULL OF

he continued to spread the lie that Hurricane Dorian threatened Alabama.

“In addition to Florida – South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama,
    will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated,” Trump
    falsely claimed on Sunday.

“Alabama will NOT see any impacts from Dorian.
    We repeat,
    no impacts from Hurricane Dorian will be felt across Alabama,”

... the National Weather Service noted.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/he-is-losing-it-trump-blasted-for-argument-with-the-national-weather-service-about-hurricane-dorian/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1333

==============

Another episode of Trash's "I love the incompetent, corrupt, privatizing kakistocrats"

Ethics experts sound alarm over confirmation process of Trump’s pick to lead NOAA

"Nobody could argue with a straight face" that Barry Myers doesn’t have conflicts of interest.

Under Myers’ leadership, the company argued that NOAA should reduce the amount of weather information it releases directly to the public.

In essence, AccuWeather sought to restrict public access to data funded by taxpayers

and instead make it available exclusively to private companies that would then use the data in products sold to the public.

As a result, people would pay twice for the information, once through taxes and a second time to access it through companies.

“He’s for privatizing the weather service,

which is sort of contrary to an important role the government serves,

and down the road would cause all kinds of problems for the pubic.

I mean, what if you had to pay to get the weather instead of just getting it?”

https://thinkprogress.org/barry-myer...-9702aad73651/

Of course, Trash's kakistocratic greasebag is a corrupt, conflicted businessman instead of a weather scientist

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How one DESTROYS a mythical, so-called "democracy"

Scoop: Trump allies raise money to target reporters

President Trash's political allies are trying

Why it matters:

Trump’s war on the media is expanding.

This group will target reporters and editors,

while other GOP 2020 en ies
    go after the social media platforms, alleging bias,

• The group claims it will slip damaging information about reporters and editors to "friendly media outlets," such as Breitbart, and traditional media, if possible.
    • People involved in raising the funds include GOP consultant Arthur Schwartz and the "loose network" that the N.Y. Times reported last week is targeting journalists. The operations are to be run by undisclosed others.
    • The prospectus for the new project says it's "targeting the people producing the news."

The irony:

The New York Times exposed an extremely improvisational effort that had outed a Times editor for past anti-Semitic tweets.

This new group is now using the exposure to try to formalize and fund the operation.

• Organizers joke that their slogan should be: "Brought to you by The New York Times."

Under "Primary Targets,"
    the pitch lists:

• "CNN, MSNBC, all broadcast networks, NY Times, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post, and all others that routinely incorporate bias and misinformation in to their coverage.

• We will also track the reporters and editors of these organizations."

This isn't an entirely new concept.

The liberal group
    Media Matters monitors journalists and publications, and goes public with complaints of bias.

But being this blatant and specific about trying to discredit individual reporters is new.

https://www.axios.com/2020-presidential-campaign-trump-allies-journalists-6733432f-b008-45d3-99c2-9dca7931faff.html

America is ed and unfucable, as this Repug projects proves, American is TRENDING DOWN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US manufacturing contracts:

The Ins ute for Supply Management’s purchasing managers index fell to 49.1 in August, weaker than all forecasts in a Bloomberg survey of economists, data released Tuesday showed. Figures below 50 signal the manufacturing economy is generally contracting. The group’s gauge of new orders dropped to a more than seven-year low, while the production index shrank to the weakest level since the end of 2015.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-man...140000169.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fitting.

trump's "work" is golf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephanie Grisham, Trash's WH spokesperson who is missing LOTS of spokes

Does Grisham think Trump ever lies?

“No,” she responds without hesitation.

“I don’t think they’re lies. . . .

I think the president communicates in a way that some people, especially the media, aren’t necessarily comfortable with.

A lot of times they take him so literally.

I know people will roll their eyes if I say he was just kidding or was speaking in hypotheticals,

but sometimes he is.

What I’ve learned about him is that he loves this country and

he’s not going to lie to this country.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/you-are-not-crazy-donald-trump-is-altering-the-fabric-of-reality/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1333

Steph reads 1984 as a How-To guide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ugh, these people vote and reproduce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could get very interesting:

Trump allies aim to raise $2 million to investigate reporters, editors

The news outlet reports that officials told them the group will target reporters and editors and will leak "damaging information" about them to "friendly media outlets," including Breitbart. Among the group's "primary targets" are CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, HuffPost and "all others that routinely incorporate bias and misinformation in to their coverage," Axios reports, citing a three-page fundraising pitch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could get very interesting:

Trump allies aim to raise $2 million to investigate reporters, editors

The news outlet reports that officials told them the group will target reporters and editors and will leak "damaging information" about them to "friendly media outlets," including Breitbart. Among the group's "primary targets" are CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times, The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, HuffPost and "all others that routinely incorporate bias and misinformation in to their coverage," Axios reports, citing a three-page fundraising pitch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

anything to stop facts from being reported!

russia trained trump and the GOP well!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The white version of ducks tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The white version of ducks tbh
    maybe he went to an evangelical Christian madrasa charter school, because of his profound ignorance and his obvious satisfaction with his ignorance.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was laughing then I just closed the window. ing pathetic man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Wacky, Angry, and Extreme August

P
    resident Trump ended August as he began it, with a

blast of angry tweets,

ad-hominem insults, and

bizarre fulminations

that have become so standard that they no longer receive the attention they deserve

Trump spent the final day of the month attacking the “Disgusting and foul mouthed Omarosa” Manigault,

“Crooked Cop” James Comey,

“even dumber” former C.I.A. director John Brennan.

He bragged about low Labor Day gas prices, although they were actually lower on the Labor Day before he became President.

he had tweeted what appeared to be a classified image from his intelligence briefing of “a catastrophic accident” at an Iranian missile-launch site,

a Presidential leak of secret information on social media that would have been, needless to say, unthinkable in another Presidency.

he watched Fox News; tweeted nearly two dozen times before noon on Saturday, August 31st;

then motorcaded to a Trump-branded golf course for his two hundred and twenty-sixth day on the links at one of his own properties since becoming President.

his project has succeeded in such a confounding way that

it seems as though Americans will now believe anything—

and nothing at all.

accused Jews who voted for Democrats of “great disloyalty,” and

called the chairman of the Federal Reserve an “enemy” of the United States.

He cheered the robbery of a Democratic congressman’s home and

labelled various critics
    “nasty and wrong,”
    “pathetic,”
    “highly unstable,”
    “wacko,”
    “psycho,” and
    “lunatic,”
    among other insults.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/trumps-wacky-angry-and-extreme-august-twitter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump official demanded Fox News re-wording on story — and they may have broken ‘propaganda’ laws

administration officials tried to shape the coverage across Fox.

In one instance, a Treasury official told a Fox Business Network employee

to make changes to an article about Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin. They agreed.

“This kind of cozy, behind-the-scenes interaction between government employees and members of the media raises alarm bells, and

such direct intervention could be illegal,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-treasury-depts-cozy-relationship-with-fox-could-violate-propaganda-laws-group/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1342

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dumberer and dumberer, every day is dumberer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fitting.

trump's "work" is golf
    ...& whoopin' the dog outta Hillary Clinton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a nice big list of layoffs since Trump and Republicans came into power

Financial ins utions cutting back after receiving a reported $21 billion tax cut windfall

• JPMorgan Chase & Co. is dismissing hundreds of workers in its asset and wealth-management division as part of a periodic review of staffing levels.
    • Nomura Holdings Inc. is planning to cut dozens of jobs across its trading and investment-banking businesses in Europe and the U.S. as the brokerage struggles to make a profit overseas.
    • Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank are in talks to combine in a merger that could put as many as 30,000 jobs at risk.
    • Goldman Sachs Group Inc.is considering plans to reduce its core trading business in the fixed-income group, including at least 10 workersin its commodities unit. The firm toldNew York State in February that it will eliminate 65 jobs, blaming “economic” factors.
    • Standard Bank Group Ltd. expects to close 91 branches across South Africa, most by the end of June, in a move that may affect about 1,200 employees.
    • Absa Group Ltd. is restructuring its South African retail and business-banking unit within months of reducing the division’s management team. Union representatives have said 827 jobs could be at risk.
    • Standard Chartered will cut expenses by 2021 in a streamlining plan that may include trimming jobs in Singapore, the Business Times reported.
    • London Stock Exchange Group Plc disclosed plans to cut around 5 percent of global headcount.
    • Dianrong, a Chinese peer-to-peer lender backed by Tiger Global Management and Standard Chartered Plc, plans to cut as many as 2,000 employees as it tries to reduce costs and comply with authorities’ efforts to shrink the industry.
    • Laurentian Bank of Canada said it will cut its workforce by 10 percent after posting earnings that missed estimates for a third straight quarter. Some 350 employees will lose their jobs.
    • Societe Generale SA is drawing up plans to eliminate jobs at its investment bank, and could cut hundreds or even thousands of positions at its global banking and investor-solutions unit.
    • HSBC Holdings Plc will trim at least 50 jobs in its global banking and market unit as part of an annual performance review of its staff.
    • Legg Mason Inc.plans to cut staff as it increases investment in technology to manage assets.
    • BlackRock Inc. is cutting 3 percent of its global workforce, or about 500 employees, the largest reduction to its headcount since 2016.
    • State Street Corp., the giant custody bank and asset manager, has started trimming its senior management ranks by 15 percent.
    • AQR Capital Management, the quant manager, is cutting jobs after a dismal performance in 2018. The reductions will amount to a low single-digit percentage of the workforce of about 1,000 employees.
    • Banco Santander SA’s Polish unit announced plans to reduce its workforce by 11 percent, or as many as 1,400 jobs.
    • Morgan Stanley dismissed some of its under-performers, with cuts occurring throughout fixed-income, equities and research divisions.
    • CaixaBank SA’s formal talks with unions will begin in April, with the company proposing 2,157 job cuts.

These are companies recording billions in profits, and many of them are excitedly touting record profits.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump official demanded Fox News re-wording on story — and they may have broken ‘propaganda’ laws

administration officials tried to shape the coverage across Fox.

In one instance, a Treasury official told a Fox Business Network employee

to make changes to an article about Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin. They agreed.

“This kind of cozy, behind-the-scenes interaction between government employees and members of the media raises alarm bells, and

such direct intervention could be illegal,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-treasury-depts-cozy-relationship-with-fox-could-violate-propaganda-laws-group/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1342

You've had just as incestuous relationship with CNN. Don't even start pawing at this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans Envious That Tiffany Trump Never Hears from Dad

WASHINGTON —Millions of Americans envy Tiffany Trump for never hearing from her father, a new poll reveals.
    According to the poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Ins ute,

Tiffany Trump’s unique placement beyond the reach of her father’s voice has made her the most envied woman in America.

Although Donald Trump took the extraordinary step of emitting the word “Tiffany” in remarks to reporters last week,

the rarity of that utterance only served to remind Americans of just how fortunate Tiffany was to be off her father’s radar.

“In all our years of polling, it’s highly unusual to find one person so universally envied,” Davis Logsdon, who supervised the poll, said.

“People in virtually every demographic group ‘strongly agreed’ with the statement, ‘God, I wish I were Tiffany Trump.’ ”

The poll finds Tiffany Trump sitting atop a list of the most envied women in America,

well ahead of Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, and MacKenzie Bezos, who has a net worth of thirty-five billion dollars.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/americans-envious-that-tiffany-trump-never-hears-from-dad

Thread Information