Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bad is it that the 2 "stars" on the team both have verbalized how much they miss their former teams? I see Derozan spending more of his time talking to his former Raptors teammates (is he even close to anyone on the team?) and you have LMA wanting to play with Lillard again.

It's embarrassing and should be the latest wake up call that something needs to change here, but the apologists will spin it and claim, "All we have is our culture. Without it, we're just another franchise".

Although in these cases, I don't think it's so much that they don't want to be here specifically as it is they don't want to be in this situation in general at this stage of their careers, but it's still a bad look.

Ask for Nurkic + Ariza + Protected pick back.
    Would much rather have Nurkic than Hood + Collins. If they get LMA, they will find LMA - Nurkic lineups very difficult to run in the new NBA, so his value is reduced for them, not to mention he just missed an entire season...
    Exactly. If push comes to shove, I've long thought and Aldridge for Nurkic swap after this season (when the Trail Blazers will have the cap space to absorb the near $10M difference) was the logical trade, in part due to this reason.

If Aldridge is going to be played alongside another big at this point in his career, then it has to be a Collins type (or at least, the actualized version). Someone mobile enough to defend "PF's" and space the floor.

I'm still seeing far too many unrealistic Aldridge (and DeRozan) trades. They're not fetching good prospects or picks. It's going to be an expendable young veteran or a single lottery protected 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that trade. Would prefer that Utah or Portland throw in a 1st though
    Yeah, we're not in a position to ask for one. We'd be getting a 3 time All D, 2 time All NBA player in the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA - Gobert, Conley, Ariza
    Portland - LMA
    Utah - Nurkic, Dejounte, DeRozan

Conley has never fit in Utah, to the point that they played better after his injury return with him coming off the bench. Gobert has worn out his welcome. They get a pretty good center in nurkic, and a PG prospect in DJ. Portland gets LMA back, and we instantly get a LOT better on defense. Conley and Ariza will also both be expirings next season.
    I could see all three parties feeling like they won that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally can't wait for the LMA/Derozan/Pop/Forbes era to be over tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took the Jazz years to beef up their firepower/3-point shooting and in one fell swoop they're going to not only obliterate it, but also trade their most impactful player and the single reason they're still competent defensively?

The Trail Blazers, who'd be making an all-in type move, are supposed to trade literally their only competent wing (considering Hood tore his Achilles)?

Somehow, I don't see either being interested in this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's embarrassing and should be the latest wake up call that something needs to change here, but the apologists will spin it and claim, "All we have is our culture. Without it, we're just another franchise".

Although in these cases, I don't think it's so much that they don't want to be here specifically as it is they don't want to be in this situation in general at this stage of their careers, but it's still a bad look.
    Yearning for their first round fodder days at their old stops is also pretty embarrassing though. They come across like they want to relive their glory days except there were never any glory days with those previous teams.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Next season already looking bleak as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Hood coming off an Achilles tear and Collins missing most of the season with shoulder injury and surgery, there is no restrictions on the pick if I'm the Spurs. Otherwise if the protection kicks in, you are giving Aldridge away for injured players an expiring Ariza and 2nd rounders. I like Collins but he's restricted after next year, and he hasn't proven anything yet. With Hood, you are nursing another Rudy Gay situation, and how much money will be put down that sink hole to justify taking him. Also, with the trade kicker increase in Aldridge's contract, Portland will be taking on more salary than is going out, which will lead to an even bigger tax bill ownership will have to pay. With the coming salary cap fallout coming, Portland could be looking to shed salary than take more on.

Technically, yeah, your trade works. I just think if Portland is going to trade someone, McCullom is going to be first in line to go out.
    Makes zero since for them to trade CJ for Aldridge . The deal I mentioned (Hood, Collins, Ariza and a protected 2021 pick for Aldridge) is centered around the Spurs getting a pick in return for Aldridge. That should be the goal, getting a 1st back for a player who will be on an expiring deal next season. Aldridge is still good but team's aren't going to give up but so much to get him, given his age, contract length and salary.

Hood can be waived, Ariza should be immediately shopped for seconds, Collins is a decent flyer (he's shown promise but has been injury prone) plus a first for the Spurs while Portland would have a core of Dame, CJ, Nurk, Aldridge. Deal would work for both teams, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not enough. If they want Aldridge they have to take DeRozan too without dumping Whiteside on us, and the only way that works is if they put McCollum in the trade.
    Whiteside deal expires at the end of this season so he can't be traded. Moving Aldridge and receiving a first; plus a decent prospect in Collins, and also being able to shop Ariza for seconds, is pretty good value.

The Spurs could move DeRozan independent of an Aldridge deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like LMA but if this dude wants out so bad then just ing trade him there already and tank next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good news, then Demar + scrub for Allen + Levert + Prince

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whiteside deal expires at the end of this season so he can't be traded. Moving Aldridge and receiving a first; plus a decent prospect in Collins, and also being able to shop Ariza for seconds, is pretty good value.

The Spurs could move DeRozan independent of an Aldridge deal.
    What makes Collins a decent prospect though? I haven't seen him play but his numbers are pretty underwhelming his first two years in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA - Gobert, Conley, Ariza
    Portland - LMA
    Utah - Nurkic, Dejounte, DeRozan

Conley has never fit in Utah, to the point that they played better after his injury return with him coming off the bench. Gobert has worn out his welcome. They get a pretty good center in nurkic, and a PG prospect in DJ. Portland gets LMA back, and we instantly get a LOT better on defense. Conley and Ariza will also both be expirings next season.
    God damn that would be sweet. I can't imagine that Jazz players will still be that pissed at Gobert though to force him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn that would be sweet. I can't imagine that Jazz players will still be that pissed at Gobert though to force him out.
    There was a blurb within the last week that the relationship between Donovan and Gobert was broken and unfixable. Within a day or two, there was some backtracking, but that could just be an attempt to preserve Rudy’s trade value. I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.
    , I was hoping she'd pull through but couldn't bear to look it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really felt the time to make this trade was last year at the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a blurb within the last week that the relationship between Donovan and Gobert was broken and unfixable. Within a day or two, there was some backtracking, but that could just be an attempt to preserve Rudy’s trade value. I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.

Rudy Gobert recently spoke with Donovan Mitc in "the first step toward repairing their relationship," according to Yahoo's Chris Haynes.

Gobert recently spoke with Taylor Rooks of Bleacher Report and said that although his relationship with Mitc remains "far from perfect," they are willing to move on and focus on basketball. Gobert and Mitc were both diagnosed with COVID-19 (they've since been medically cleared), and according to Haynes, "Both players had issues with one another stemming from the developments of the COVID-19 positive results." Utah's stars both have guaranteed contracts for the 2020-21 season.

RELATED:

SOURCE: Taylor Rooks on Twitter
    Apr 12, 2020, 8:36 PM ET

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know why so many people are liking the Utah trade. We get 2 people that are getting old so I dont consider them good pieces. Gobert is in his Prime but is not Someone to lead a team to the championship nor do i think he would attract players. We give up a solid young player that is going to be on a good contract for a few years and 2 players that might have some trade value. This to me is a treadmill trade. It does not make us better and keeps us right at bottom of PO or just outside them. I dont see us getting better by this trade. We also would stay right in the middle and not get good picks.

if the trade was LMA for gobert I coudl see us doing it as if Mitc and Gobert are not going to play together then we might be able to get him for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know why so many people are liking the Utah trade. We get 2 people that are getting old so I dont consider them good pieces. Gobert is in his Prime but is not Someone to lead a team to the championship nor do i think he would attract players. We give up a solid young player that is going to be on a good contract for a few years and 2 players that might have some trade value. This to me is a treadmill trade. It does not make us better and keeps us right at bottom of PO or just outside them. I dont see us getting better by this trade. We also would stay right in the middle and not get good picks.

if the trade was LMA for gobert I coudl see us doing it as if Mitc and Gobert are not going to play together then we might be able to get him for that.
    We'd be a top 3 defense with that trade. That alone would vault us from 7-8 to top 3-4 in the west. The two players with the bulk of the salary that we'd be shipping out are both older than Rudy or Conley. I didn't like including DJ, but we have to give them something of value to get Rudy, and Utah would require a PG to replace Conley.

Utah would never do LMA for Rudy. That's too imbalanced. The closest they'd probably do would be LMA + DJ for Rudy, and then we're stuck with the corpse of DeRozan for another year, and they're stuck with Conley, who's not a good fit there, and LMA isn't home in Portland, and would surely leave. With Nurkic, Utah has at least a shot to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we're not in a position to ask for one. We'd be getting a 3 time All D, 2 time All NBA player in the deal.
    I’d still do the deal without the draft pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d still do the deal without the draft pick
    Yup. I think SA and Portland would, too. I think what Utah would do depends on if they think Rudy is a distraction that will majorly affect their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give up LMA and Derozan and only get Rudy? Probably pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not enough. If they want Aldridge they have to take DeRozan too without dumping Whiteside on us, and the only way that works is if they put McCollum in the trade.
    Whiteside is an expiring deal who cares about taking him on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is 27, a 3 time All D selection, and 2 time All NBA selection. I'm not sure what you think you can pull for two players on the wrong side of 30, and on expiring deals, most likely to bolt SA for nothing in 2021. Apparently, the offers at the deadline were , and they were at least trying to move DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it in a heartbeat. We want to get rid of DeRozan, even if it's for nothing, so if you can flip LMA for Gobert you do it.

Thread Information