Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How they better than an all-star center?
    For several reasons....but we can just go with...they play both ends of the court and Vuc doesn't..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iguadala is one of very few vets who doesn't feign admiration for Pop and the Spurs. I really can't see him ever being in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, buy out looks better than any of the above.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given Spurs track record I’d rather have late first round/protected picks, than these vets
    LMA will no longer fetch us a 1st round pick unless its some GM looking to make a big splash and a desperate run at a championship ...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the logic of not trading within conference should go out the window in this situation. Please, trade him to a rival. It’s like a trojan horse gift. He seems washed and will likely cause grief without starting and getting his touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If PATFO can get a pick(s) or a solid forward or big I’ll be surprised like many are saying a buyout looks to be the only practical outcome to give Aldridge what he “deserves” at least according to Pop. So what do the finances of a buyout look like? As far as next season’s salary cap? Also, because of this buyout will it be enough to sign Walker AND Johnson before next season or is that an either or decision for PATFO?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If PATFO can get a pick(s) or a solid forward or big I’ll be surprised like many are saying a buyout looks to be the only practical outcome to give Aldridge what he “deserves” at least according to Pop. So what do the finances of a buyout look like? As far as next season’s salary cap? Also, because of this buyout will it be enough to sign Walker AND Johnson before next season or is that an either or decision for PATFO?
    A buyout has no effect of our cap next season nor any impact on signing anyone next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For several reasons....but we can just go with...they play both ends of the court and Vuc doesn't..
    They both not the same offensive player as vuc. Also, vuc is a good team defender and scheme defender. He struggles are individual. Vuc is a better shooter than both, better passer than both, better scoring inside than both. Has more experience. Been more consistent. And is an allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio’s LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype,” wrote Michael Scotto. “The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio.” https://heatnation.com/rumors/report....co/Q98jqDVUFy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're interested in him?
    Look at you!
    It's nice to see ducks finally opening up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both not the same offensive player as vuc. Also, vuc is a good team defender and scheme defender. He struggles are individual. Vuc is a better shooter than both, better passer than both, better scoring inside than both. Has more experience. Been more consistent. And is an allstar.
    He's a slightly better shooter but that's about it... he doesn't make us better as a team... an athletic 4 that can shoot and defend raises our ceiling much more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio’s LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype,” wrote Michael Scotto. “The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio.” https://heatnation.com/rumors/report....co/Q98jqDVUFy
    Well, that's a pretty positive article from our perspective...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, no mention of Kelly Olynk. I’d be okay with that if we got KZ okpala, but the other guys are kinda mehhh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not even work, need one of Olynyk or Igoudala salary to make it a valid trade. We also only have 1 roster spot so a 3 for 1 does not work. MIA only pick compensation is a 2027 second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘m pretty sure this would be a 3-team trade. Spurs ain’t gonna take on 3 washed up vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, damn, good catch. Spotrac doesn't have it as a team-option but looking elsewhere, that appears to be the case.

That definitely eliminates the downside to trades involving Iguodala. Time to re-write the section . . .
    Yeah, they only seem to have it under his career transactions for some reason, but it makes any trade involving Iggy a lot more palatable.

I prefer the Aldridge for Iggy and Olynyk trade, but with their 2027 2nd Round pick included. I think Gay could net more of a return if traded separately, possibly another second rounder or two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘m pretty sure this would be a 3-team trade. Spurs ain’t gonna take on 3 washed up vets
    Yeah. Still, though no one should be expecting much obviously, the Spurs should cuss the Heat out for even offering such garbage.

This is what happens though when you're known to be an easy mark. They probably (rightly) think they're more concerned with "doing right by" Aldridge and avoiding having to buy him out than they are with getting a worthwhile piece in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not even work, need one of Olynyk or Igoudala salary to make it a valid trade. We also only have 1 roster spot so a 3 for 1 does not work. MIA only pick compensation is a 2027 second rounder.
    The Spurs lack of open roster spots affect possible returns. Iggy and Olynyk need to be included to make an Aldridge trade work but the Spurs would have to add another player just to take back Okpala.

A three-teamer might make sense. The Heat trades one of their young guys to the third team while the 3rd team trades a pick to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fail by this FO as 1 1/2 years ago from a position of relative strength they could have a gotten a substantial return now it is only a salary match at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fail by this FO as 1 1/2 years ago from a position of relative strength they could have a gotten a substantial return now it is only a salary match at best.
    He was never going to be traded 1 1/2 year ago -- he hadn't dropped off so badly and was still very important to the team. I don't know why people have problems understanding this.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was never going to be traded 1 1/2 year ago -- he hadn't dropped off so badly and was still very important to the team. I don't know why people have problems understanding this.
    poor, dear, lamb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have an extra comma in there.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have an extra comma in there.
    thank you, for your service

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have no idea why SA guaranteed LMA deal early. Made no sense then and now makes even less sense. Head scratcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have no idea why SA guaranteed LMA deal early. Made no sense then and now makes even less sense. Head scratcher.
    nowhere else to spend the money, worth taking the chance with no clear 3rd big man better than him pre season, and worst case scenario you're here looking to move him at the deadline instead of waiving him before the year.

who really cares

Thread Information