Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah, young people are flocking to GA, VA, CO and NC while old people are flocking to FL and AZ, I don't see AZ going blue again actually for awhile.

Virginia was a lost cause not because of the Republicans running a poor campaign there or doing a poor job but because of all the young people jobs in the DC metro area compared to before. Virginia has become Southern Maryland, essentially. The GOP is much more likely to win back CO or NM than VA. VA has a low Latino population.
    Uh DC always had a lot of young people with jobs, it was the NoVa suburbs turning blue before all the other suburbs did. The voters in Fairfax and Loudoun County who make into the 6 figures and vote Democrat aren't young DC staffers, they're educated suburbanites.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh DC always had a lot of young people with jobs, it was the NoVa suburbs turning blue before all the other suburbs did. The voters in Fairfax and Loudoun County who make into the 6 figures and vote Democrat aren't young DC staffers, they're educated suburbanites.
    I spent time in McLean and surrounding area last year and the last two segments aren't mutually exclusive, they are young (mid to late 20s and early 30s), generally white with some Asians, India Indians and other minorities sprinkled in, and yes they're pretty progressive on average except the Indians. A very young population that is also making $100-125K a year with college degrees, but also vote democrat. Hmm... they better hope that doesn't bite them in the end on taxes, since that kind of salary isn't upper middle class anymore. Cost of living is high in NoVa and the US in general these days.

There's also a decent "Don't tread on me" white crowd but most of those are 40+ Gen Xers and such in NoVa around Quantico, Triangle etc. but they aren't the majority anymore. There were quite a few Don't Tread on Me Gadsden license plates. I doubt any of them vote democrat.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I spent time in McLean and surrounding area last year and the last two segments aren't mutually exclusive, they are young (mid to late 20s and early 30s), generally white with some Asians, India Indians and other minorities sprinkled in, and yes they're pretty progressive on average except the Indians. A very young population that is also making $100-125K a year with college degrees, but also vote democrat. Hmm... they better hope that doesn't bite them in the end on taxes, since that kind of salary isn't upper middle class anymore. Cost of living is high in NoVa and the US in general these days.

There's also a decent "Don't tread on me" white crowd but most of those are 40+ Gen Xers and such in NoVa around Quantico, Triangle etc. but they aren't the majority anymore. There were quite a few Don't Tread on Me Gadsden license plates. I doubt any of them vote democrat.
    Voting Democrat isn't going to bite them in the ass seeing that it was Trump/McConnell who raised taxes for people in the low six figures over the next 10 years in order to make it so tax cuts for the ultra rich could be shoehorned into a reconciliation bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think i was the tipping point for VA tbh... just wait until my wife gets citizenship too

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i think i was the tipping point for VA tbh... just wait until my wife gets citizenship too
    Have ya'll had any anchor babies yet? /sarcasm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize she was actually from Mexico... hope she's one of the skinny healthful ones

Voting Democrat isn't going to bite them in the ass seeing that it was Trump/McConnell who raised taxes for people in the low six figures over the next 10 years in order to make it so tax cuts for the ultra rich could be shoehorned into a reconciliation bill.
    You mean by getting rid of itemized deductions? That's the only thing I can think of in the Trump/Mcconnell '17-18 tax bill... I do think that state income tax should be deductible without itemizing, i.e. non-taxable like health insurance and similar benefits.
    I believe I heard in a different thread that she was pregnant.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 06-11-2021 at 10:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    due date for #1 is July 10

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You mean by getting rid of itemized deductions? That's the only thing I can think of in the Trump/Mcconnell '17-18 tax bill... I do think that state income tax should be deductible without itemizing, i.e. non-taxable like health insurance and similar benefits.
    That's because you didn't read the fine print about the standard deduction increases lapsing after 2025 while you were too busy bootlicking your corporate overlords telling you that supply side economics works.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Make sure you get him or her enrolled in the George Soros Brainwashing Academy ASAP, spots are filling up quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make sure you get him or her enrolled in the George Soros Brainwashing Academy ASAP, spots are filling up quick.
    tuition is expensive, but i'm applying for a grant. kamala said she might be able to divert some money from the antifa bail fund. i qualify due to my covert activities during the election

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based on demographics, a big chunk of Virginia is comprised of minority voters and it will continue to grow.
    Last edited by Ef-man; 06-11-2021 at 11:23 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    tuition is expensive, but i'm applying for a grant. kamala said she might be able to divert some money from the antifa bail fund. i qualify due to my covert activities during the election
    Tuition is free for anyone who helped smuggle Chinese bamboo ballots into the Maricopa County counting rooms FYI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tuition is free for anyone who helped smuggle Chinese bamboo ballots into the Maricopa County counting rooms FYI
    i was busy on the east coast (virginia, georgia, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was busy on the east coast (virginia, georgia, etc)
    Quit sucking and focus on your fantasy team hoser!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see AZ going blue again actually for awhile.
    Beg to differ.

If Arizona Republicans keep using trumpism to "win" they will lose. The best thing they can do is double down on Trump. Also keep ting on McCain some more.

It just gives us more breathing room.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If the AZ state leg ever manages to pass its bill that makes voting by mail harder, it’ll only further the GOP over in Arizona. Before it got taken over by a MAGAboomer obsessed with chemtrails, the GOP in Arizona built a one of a kind vote by mail infrastructure to ensure seniors in AZ could easily vote. The MAGA re s in the state leg wanting to dismantle that because of 1 single election where mail-in voting helped Democrats is pure stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because you didn't read the fine print about the standard deduction increases lapsing after 2025 while you were too busy bootlicking your corporate overlords telling you that supply side economics works.
    well the in bent president at the time would vote one way or the other to extend it at that point, if a new replacement tax bill hasn't been ins uted by then.

If nothing passes congress and that deduction lapses after 2025? it, by that point i'll probably be itemizing anyway because i'll be well into my 30s with a seven figure business. a audit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the AZ state leg ever manages to pass its bill that makes voting by mail harder, it’ll only further the GOP over in Arizona. Before it got taken over by a MAGAboomer obsessed with chemtrails, the GOP in Arizona built a one of a kind vote by mail infrastructure to ensure seniors in AZ could easily vote. The MAGA re s in the state leg wanting to dismantle that because of 1 single election where mail-in voting helped Democrats is pure stupidity.
    Yeah AZ mail in ballots are more conservative than most of the rest of the country due to the very large old population there.

I think the major problem with the election wasn't so much the mail in ballots themselves, but the fact that they weren't all counted on or before election night. America deserves a final answer by midnight EST on Election Tuesday night (Wed morning), except in an extremely rare case where Alaska or Hawaii would be swing states that would sway an election, which wouldn't happen. But the lower 48 states should be called by midnight EST, no exceptions, no excuses... unless it's literally razor-razor thin, by less than 1000 votes for example.

Look at Florida 2020, they are a model example of how to do an election properly. Count the early and mail in ballots ahead of the big night and then get to work on the day-of voting. The decision was made well early into the night. They certainly learned their lesson from 2000, that's for sure!

Basically, if you're going to have mail-in and/or early voting, early voting needs to be completed by the Tuesday before the Election Tuesday, and all mail-in votes must be postmarked 2 Tuesdays before election night so they can be received in full by the week before Election Tuesday and be completely counted before the day-of voting begins. However, no states should be allowed to release official results to the Media or anyone else on any of the early/mail in ballots until the polls officially close.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah AZ mail in ballots are more conservative than most of the rest of the country due to the very large old population there.

I think the major problem with the election wasn't so much the mail in ballots themselves, but the fact that they weren't all counted on or before election night. America deserves a final answer by midnight EST on Election Tuesday night (Wed morning), except in an extremely rare case where Alaska or Hawaii would be swing states that would sway an election, which wouldn't happen. But the lower 48 states should be called by midnight EST, no exceptions, no excuses... unless it's literally razor-razor thin, by less than 1000 votes for example.

Look at Florida 2020, they are a model example of how to do an election properly. Count the early and mail in ballots ahead of the big night and then get to work on the day-of voting. The decision was made well early into the night. They certainly learned their lesson from 2000, that's for sure!

Basically, if you're going to have mail-in and/or early voting, early voting needs to be completed by the Tuesday before the Election Tuesday, and all mail-in votes must be postmarked 2 Tuesdays before election night so they can be received in full by the week before Election Tuesday and be completely counted before the day-of voting begins. However, no states should be allowed to release official results to the Media or anyone else on any of the early/mail in ballots until the polls officially close.
    Well in PA, MI and WI, you had GOP controlled state legislatures refusing to change laws around when mail in ballots could start being processed and counted, and the reason they didn’t change those laws is because they knew re s like you would blame Democrats for ballots not being counted on election night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in PA, MI and WI, you had GOP controlled state legislatures refusing to change laws around when mail in ballots could start being processed and counted, and the reason they didn’t change those laws is because they knew re s like you would blame Democrats for ballots not being counted on election night.
    I don't care who is to blame. Probably both parties. Either way, it needs to be fixed and America deserves to have all 48 states called by midnight EST Tuesday Night / 12:00 Wednesday AM

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And no, requiring mail-in ballots to be sent two weeks in advance (that’s before the debates even end) is re ed. This is why I refuse to take Republicans seriously on this topic, they view voting as something that should be a bureaucratic rigmarole and it’s obvious they’re trying to manufacture reasons for why voting should be harder and not easier. What about ex-pats who are overseas? Should they have to mail their ballots a month in advance to make sure they’re counted by election night?

the ballots that aren’t received by election night are always a de minimus number either way, stricter laws around when ballots should be mailed by would not have led to faster counting at all, the reason ballot counting took so long was because of archaic rules that prohibited processing ballots prior to Election Day that the GOP state legislatures refused to change because they wanted to provide a window for Trump’s campaign to run into court and prevent them from being counted.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't care who is to blame. Probably both parties. Either way, it needs to be fixed and America deserves to have all 48 states called by midnight EST Tuesday Night / 12:00 Wednesday AM
    Of course you don’t care who’s to blame, that would require knowing details and god knows you’re too intellectually lazy for that, thus you try to “both sides” the problem even though it was Democrats who wanted to make it so ballots could be counted earlier while Republicans didn’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only someone that knows they’re about to lose would make such changes. It was inevitable.

Republicans always blame Democrats about voter fraud when they’re the ones doing it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Only someone that knows they’re about to lose would make such changes. It was inevitable.

Republicans always blame Democrats about voter fraud when they’re the ones doing it.
    It wasn’t about knowing they were gonna lose. They knew mail-in ballots were going to heavily favor Biden so delaying when they could be processed and counted would create a window for Trump to run into court, get lucky with whatever federalist society hack judge got assigned the case, and seek injunctive relief to stop counting mail in ballots for some BS reason.

Fortunately even though the election was closer than expected and Trump very much had a window to do that, his lawyers were so ing incompetent that they shat their pants and waited for the ballots to be counted before running into court

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gonna have him beating Sigrun by age 5?

Thread Information