My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    'This is the most amazing championship of them all.'
    tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made 2014 all the more sweet, tbh... what a redemption story... legendary team...
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, I like getting inside the inside story. It's extremely intriguing to me. I've been there, in '84. It's near difficult to get SF to vent his spleen and his heart about it though. And that's a loss for all of us. If we can't share our '84 & your '13 then we all lose. I also like to examine the Duncan marital crisis and it's impact on those Finals. But, that is a non starter in this Forum and in Media.

Absolutely, I like to dwell on '13. As the story begins to surface like in this article we see for the first time the truth. Pop, going into that locker room, ordering the players to dress quickly and get to the bus. Once there directing the driver to the restaurant. I do not believe they should have partied in Florida. They should have had the decency and restraint to go straight to the airport, but, I can still appreciate the litany of events in the aftermath of such a catastrophic event. Yes, I dwell. And you guys dwell too, you just to it in private. I dwell on '84 over 30 years later, but, I've dwelled in public so I could share that with "you."

We miss so much here.

Wait wait wait, the Spurs should have skipped the dinner reservations and headed to the airport? The series was 3-3, why would anyone head to the airport?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait wait wait, the Spurs should have skipped the dinner reservations and headed to the airport? The series was 3-3, why would anyone head to the airport?
    No, you stupid ass. He made the reservation to celebrate your le. Pop believed it a foregone conclusion. Only a in' would party where he conquered. Get to the airport, fly into Texas and break bread with those who brung you. On the in' tarmac.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Only a in' would party where he conquered. Get to the airport, fly into Texas and break bread with those who brung you. On the in' tarmac.
    Does this actually happen or are you just making up?

I ask because I remember the Mavs in 2011 partying up in Miami Beach.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Does this actually happen or are you just making up?

I ask because I remember the Mavs in 2011 partying up in Miami Beach.
    No, it's form the article:::[[[The coach instructed his players to dress quickly and meet him on the team bus. (((Can ya imagine this scene?))) The Spurs had booked their favorite Miami haunt, Il Gabbiano Restaurant, in anticipation of celebrating their le-clinching championship win. In the wake of a crushing turn of events, Popovich had insisted on keeping their reservation at the waterfront eatery.]]]

And the Mavs are s too for doing it. Rude bas s. Get on the in' plane, get into Dallas, get off the in' plane. Your people are waitin'---been waitin' all their lives. And you s are in Florida. Bas s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 doesn't bother me anymore, but man it still has to bother the players. They had it, 28 seconds away, the ropes were coming out, reservations were made... And they blew it. I read a while ago that some of the players cried that night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're attempting to push the wrong buttons, Dale. As stated by several, '13 is long gone with the greatest redemption story in North American sports achieved in '14. The entire team was brought back together sans the non-Rapist Neal. If you were smart, you'd realize the real bone to pick, the sorest spot, the bloodiest scab, was '12 and the backdoor after 20 straight wins. I still can't get that ref-job taste out of my mouth. That is what still hurts

Without 6 there is no 5.
    2013 was sad, but 2012 was just pissening. We were cheated and no one ever brings it up. I guess 2013 overshadows it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you stupid ass. He made the reservation to celebrate your le. Pop believed it a foregone conclusion. Only a in' would party where he conquered. Get to the airport, fly into Texas and break bread with those who brung you. On the in' tarmac.
    Redemption

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2013 doesn't bother me anymore, but man it still has to bother the players. They had it, 28 seconds away, the ropes were coming out, reservations were made... And they blew it. I read a while ago that some of the players cried that night.
    Of course they cried. No shame in that. You play the "what if" game until you're this||close to madness. That's your open wound, it'll never fully heal. Now you can empathize. You're en led. I don't hide my '84. Never have. Every time I see that Bird waving that towel looking down to our bench I want to kill. They had us and we could nothing about it---cept take it.

This article, this story gives us a glimpse at gross examination. Somebody had to take control. What, you're gonna sit there all nite, marinade in your juices? No, Pop got ya's up on your feet, dressed and on the bus. Win or lose, it should have been a straight shot to the airport. Win or lose, your people were waiting.

I detest him for making those reservations.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, Ann (get it?) tee, hee. No. One cannot redeem the nonredeemable. We could redeem '84 and we did. Because '84 wasn't over. '13 was over. You could avenge it. And you did. But, your "mother" is still murdered, still dead. You avenged mother, you slayed her murderer.

Am I gettin' thru to you, big fella?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Ann (get it?) tee, hee. No. One cannot redeem the nonredeemable. We could redeem '84 and we did. Because '84 wasn't over. '13 was over. You could avenge it. And you did. But, your "mother" is still murdered, still dead. You avenged mother, you slayed her murderer.

Am I gettin' thru to you, big fella?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made 2014 all the more sweet, tbh... what a redemption story... legendary team...
    Yep, it was painful but it was just the beginning of the story.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course, they're (ESPN) is trying to make a dollar & a cent. It remains, '13 is not redeemable. That was your 5th. It's gone. Now you have your 5th.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course, they're (ESPN) is trying to make a dollar & a cent. It remains, '13 is not redeemable. That was your 5th. It's gone. Now you have your 5th.
    A lost championship is not subs uted by another, it only proves you gave up repeating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a Post-Pau poster, he has no cred

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP is a Post-Pau poster, he has no cred
    No. I was here after you beat Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I was here after you beat Phoenix.
    No, you weren't. There's this thing on the internets called "archives". This site has it. I searched it. You're earliest appearance is June 18, 2009. Five days after Pau rang.

You are Post-Pau

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, you weren't. There's this thing on the internets called "archives". This site has it. I searched it. You're earliest appearance is June 18, 2009. Five days after Pau rang.

You are Post-Pau
    No. I came here after you beat Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I came here after you beat Phoenix.
    Your words are meaningless. Unless you can provide the handle which was Pre-Pau, you are Post-Pau. You have conveniently "forgot", which is astounding.

Culburn369, Giuseppe, Thread all have one thing in common;;; they are Post-Pau

Dale is Post-Pau.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your words are meaningless. Unless you can provide the handle which was Pre-Pau, you are Post-Pau. You have conveniently "forgot", which is astounding.

Culburn369, Giuseppe, Thread all have one thing in common;;; they are Post-Pau

Dale is Post-Pau.
    No. I was here after you beat the Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I was here after you beat the Suns.
    Evidence?

All of your trolls are Post-Pau.

Your credibility doesn't exist.

Nobody believes random words of attainment.

You either provide evidence or you are Post-Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody (especially me) denies that '13 happened. That sandwich was a handful to stomach. Took me 2 weeks to get that er all the way down. Do I need to order another one? Or is one enough?

However, I'm content with letting you have this one. I can see through your charade. You're just ornery because our team is still relevant and yours is.........well not so much. For someone who told me not 3-4 days ago that you are willing to take all 14 inches...you sure as don't remember it. All you do is focus on our shortcomings Dale...and ignore your own. Trust me, a lot bigger problems in LA than some gotdamn ropes coming out.

Just let me know...do I need to tell the waitress to bring another sandwich to my table?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody (especially me) denies that '13 happened. That sandwich was a handful to stomach. Took me 2 weeks to get that er all the way down. Do I need to order another one? Or is one enough?

However, I'm content with letting you have this one. I can see through your charade. You're just ornery because our team is still relevant and yours is.........well not so much. For someone who told me not 3-4 days ago that you are willing to take all 14 inches...you sure as don't remember it. All you do is focus on our shortcomings Dale...and ignore your own. Trust me, a lot bigger problems in LA than some gotdamn ropes coming out.

Just let me know...do I need to tell the waitress to bring another sandwich to my table?
    Post-Pau commentators don't deserve so much effort in response to their drivel. If he were here Pre-Pau, when 4>3, that would be one thing. But he wasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-Pau commentators don't deserve so much effort in response to their drivel. If he were here Pre-Pau, when 4>3, that would be one thing. But he wasn't.
    Well what Lakers posters are Pre-Pau? Who do I need to look out for?

Thread Information