Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2796
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to be "that guy" but that Kerry quote really is probably fake tbh. I mean its the day before Iowa, he's done no fundraising and its now passed most all of the deadlines. Kind of hard to believe especially since its from the "overheard in diner" by anonymous sources genre and confirms all priors about "the establishment" progressives hold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lets go, Bernie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Christ Matthews on the verge of a breakdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to be "that guy" but that Kerry quote really is probably fake tbh. I mean its the day before Iowa, he's done no fundraising and its now passed most all of the deadlines. Kind of hard to believe especially since its from the "overheard in diner" by anonymous sources genre and confirms all priors about "the establishment" progressives hold
    It’s an nbc story saying the call was overheard by an nbc analyst. That would be a massive credibility killer for them if they ran with it knowing it’s made up tho

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

& the woman to his right. I forget who that is, but, that woman is a real smart ass. & she ain't no goof ball---she knows precisely how to push buttons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an nbc story saying the call was overheard by an nbc analyst. That would be a massive credibility killer for them if they ran with it knowing it’s made up tho
    They didnt even name the source so any progressive reporter can just make up stories like that if they wanted. and there are prog reporters at even regular MSM outlet s. I kind of doubt it tbh. You have to be careful with stories that confirm all your priors. Also its kind of funny how reliable and venerable MSM becomes to progressives when its something they want to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didnt even name the source so any progressive reporter can just make up stories like that if they wanted. and there are prog reporters at even regular MSM outlet s. I kind of doubt it tbh. You have to be careful with stories that confirm all your priors. Also its kind of funny how reliable and venerable MSM becomes to progressives when its something they want to hear
    Journalists rely on their sources for info... There’s a difference between reporting being wrong and the source being wrong.

kerry isn’t even denying the report. His tweet confirms that he spoke with the nbc person following the call. The report isn’t saying Kerry is running but that he had a phone conversation and there are some inferences which can be drawn based on what was heard from one side of the convo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems silly and way too good to be true is all tbh. I mean its one day from Iowa, all the deadlines to enter various races have passed, he has no fundraising etc. I really doubt it happened the way the guy said. Almost the kind of story progressives wish into existence when they are imagining DNC headquarters right now to me is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems silly and way too good to be true is all tbh. I mean its one day from Iowa, all the deadlines to enter various races have passed, he has no fundraising etc. I really doubt it happened the way the guy said. Almost the kind of story progressives wish into existence when they are imagining DNC headquarters right now to me is all.
    did you actually read the article, tbh?

He told NBC News later Sunday: "This is a complete and total misinterpretation based on overhearing only one side of a phone conversation. A friend who watches too much cable called me wondering whether I'd ever jump into the race late in the game if Democrats were choosing an unelectable nominee. I listed all the reasons I could not possibly do that and would not — and will not under any cir stances — do that."

It's not clear how serious Kerry was on the call about jumping into the race. But that he would even discuss the possibility suggests that prominent members of the Democratic Party remain deeply unsettled by the current field, Sanders' strength in the polls and the ability of any candidate to defeat President Donald Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you actually read the article, tbh?
    That supports what I said!!! lol He was telling someone over and over that its impossible for him to enter the race now and it was twisted into a fake news story about him running that progressives and retweeted into a furor and lapped up because its something they want so bad to be true and its bad for anti-establishment moderates This story was literally wished into existence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That supports what I said!!! lol He was telling someone over and over that its impossible for him to enter the race now and it was twisted into a fake news story about him running that progressives and retweeted into a furor and lapped up because its something they want so bad to be true and its bad for anti-establishment moderates This story was literally wished into existence
    but thats on those people. very different from saying some progressive at nbc made a story up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but thats on those people. very different from saying some progressive at nbc made a story up
    I dont know. Not to start a fight but look at your reaction to the JFK/Castro Bernie clip where he says nasty things about JFK 30 years after the fact and where Bernie really does comes off bad. you are all "1) Well fulgio Bautista in 1958 2) Castro was not bad really 3) revolutionary freedom fighters" versus your reaction to a flimsy story about Kerry a moderate entering the race after iowa with no fundraising and you going crazy with giddy happiness. See if you can see what im seeing in terms of your different stances and how much you support stories that make your enemies look bad is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know. Not to start a fight but look at your reaction to the JFK/Castro Bernie clip where he says nasty things about JFK 30 years after the fact and where Bernie really does comes off bad. you are all "1) Well fulgio Bautista in 1958 2) Castro was not bad really 3) revolutionary freedom fighters" versus your reaction to a flimsy story about Kerry a moderate entering the race after iowa with no fundraising and you going crazy with giddy happiness. See if you can see what im seeing in terms of your different stances and how much you support stories that make your enemies look bad is all.
    at no point did i say anything positive about castro. the crux of bernie's comments were the poor people rising and taking on those in power. he's spoken about castro/cuba plenty, and you can look up just about every interview he's had on the issue. he praises them for their healthcare/education systems, but has said their economy is terrible and people dont have a right to dissent the government there.

what i take issue with is taking that 30 year old segment and trying to say that bernie loves fidel castro and dictatorships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw this was my quote. nothing romanticizing castro or saying anything about "freedom fighters" or whatever but ok

bernie supported the cuban revolution. that means he loves dictators!

*cuban revolution ousted a military dictator (Fulgencio Batista) who on two separate occasions had come into power via coup

1) asshole pushes himself into power through force
    2) people rise up and overthrow his regime
    3) guy who ends up in charge also turns out to be an asshole

that means anybody who supported (2) loves dictators!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philo the lawyer has to defend his client.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Democrats have become the Party of Clinton when they used to be the Party of FDR.
    Obama also heard in private meeting saying he would do anything to block Sanders (who isn't a Dem and is way too progressive for BigMoney Dem establishment)

With the oligarchy's Repugs leading the degradation of America, the Dems are doing nothing to stop it, and are mostly silently complicit.

"Maybe something else sucks around here" -- G. Carlin

America is ed and un able.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-03-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

God is that Claire McCaskill there with her "I know how to win in red states" despite getting ing wrecked in a Democratic wave election? MSNBC can go themselves with a forty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philo the lawyer has to defend his client.
    This thread is going to be like R/The Donald aka Trump's ball licking subreddit page on reddit in 5 months tbh lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, i have plenty of criticisms of sanders, which is why until basically the last month or so, i was pro warren. notably, i think a $15 federal min wage is a poor idea, nor do i think the idea of a federal jobs guarantee is a very good one.

but there are some really dumb criticisms of him, and yeah i'll point them out when they're there. hurr durr bernie loves fidel castro and dictators is a really dumb one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and when trump was 35 he was a pro-choice democrat ... didnt stop you from calling his election the fulfillment of a biblical prophecy

people's views change over time. i wouldn't vote for that version of sanders, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for chiming in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go Bernie!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and when trump was 35 he was a pro-choice democrat ... didnt stop you from calling his election the fulfillment of a biblical prophecy
    King Cyrus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a modern day king cyrus*

or to put it in musical form: A modern day warrior, mean mean stride, today's King Cyrus, mean mean pride.

Thread Information