Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    ur e it team made a video on ut campus.........sark cucked traylor for that video ish..........
    Soft. No wonder the players are already talking on Twitter after the game.

When Sark inevitably fails that job will be Traylor's. If he wants it.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Soft. No wonder the players are already talking on Twitter after the game.

When Sark inevitably fails that job will be Traylor's. If he wants it.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    FkLA this is what sark & traylor were discussing

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

It was 24-20 late in the 3rd Qtr and UTSA had the ball. The pick 6 and key drop the following series had nothing to do with UT.

I don't think they were severely overmatched at all. Surprisingly. They were in the game. Bijan was the only one that looked like a man amongst boys.
    They were pretty clearly the less talented team by quite a margin. The formula was to play mistake free football while throwing the playcalling kitchen sink at them. It worked for 2.5 quarters, but the difference is Texas could make mistakes all night and still win, but once UTSA started making mistakes the game was over.

Not a knock on UTSA, they put themselves in great position to beat a more talented team, it just didn’t quite go in their favor.

And any Texas fans thinking this game revealed anything about their team is delusional. Lot of “we got a squad” posts online. Most other blue bloods would have ended this game by halftime.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They were pretty clearly the less talented team by quite a margin. The formula was to play mistake free football while throwing the playcalling kitchen sink at them. It worked for 2.5 quarters, but the difference is Texas could make mistakes all night and still win, but once UTSA started making mistakes the game was over.

Not a knock on UTSA, they put themselves in great position to beat a more talented team, it just didn’t quite go in their favor.

And any Texas fans thinking this game revealed anything about their team is delusional. Lot of “we got a squad” posts online. Most other blue bloods would have ended this game by halftime.
    It’s a good thing we weren’t playing Missouri State.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

UTSA was playing walk ons and freshman at OLine due to injuries. Figured Texas would dominate up front and that they'd really struggle to run the ball and protect Harris. Neither happened.

UTSA moved the ball relatively well. They also actually met Bijan in backfield pretty often but he was just too good to be brought down by the first guy. Yardage/first downs does not tell the story of one team severely outclassing the other, imo. Talent wise very few teams will not be clearly inferior to UT but that's a different discussion than putting it together on the field.

I'm not saying UTSA had it in the bag or anything. Just think the game was more compe ive than I thought it would be and many UT fans would like to admit. I remember a game years ago when UTSA hosted Oklahoma State, score was like 52-14 and UTSA scored two garbage time TDs to make the score seem more respectable than the game really was. This felt like the complete opposite.

24-20 with less than a minute in the 3rd Qtr, UTSA driving...I find it hard to believe a little doubt wasn't creeping into UT fans minds after all the soft letdowns they've had over the years.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Off the top of my head:

-first UTSA offensive possession...false start at the 1 (4th and goal). Going for it but had to kick FG after penalty.
    -UT going for it on 4th and 4. Defensive offsides gives them the 1st down.
    -Long TD reception on double move called back due to illegal procedure penalty.
    -TD catch overturned after WR fails to secure catch. Unforced. Would've tied game at 24-24.
    - 24-20 game, driving...unforced error pick 6
    -31-20, driving at UT 30...unforced drop on 4th and 1

UT played the cleaner game, imo. If UTSA has fewer back breaking mistakes, it might've been a game for 4 quarters instead of 3.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    It’s a good thing we weren’t playing Missouri State.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401282057

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UTSA was playing walk ons and freshman at OLine due to injuries. Figured Texas would dominate up front and that they'd really struggle to run the ball...
    utsa averaged a whopping 3.2 yards per carry and never broke a run longer than 13 yards. thats definitely a struggle to run the ball.

and protect Harris. Neither happened.
    oh really?

any other QB would have been sacked a solid 8-10 times last night. they were all over harris, hes just a fantastic playmaker and deserves the majority of the credit for utsa even briefly seeming like they belonged in the game. major props to him.

UTSA moved the ball relatively well.
    averaged 4.9 yards per play. again, not exactly stellar. "relatively well" lol yes it was relative in that they did well for a team that had no chance to begin with. doesnt mean they actually did well though. a couple nice drives, and a pair of trick plays but pretty much nothing else. most of those drives being sustained by a QB who was running for his life every other play and creating out of nothing.

I'm not saying UTSA had it in the bag or anything. Just think the game was more compe ive than I thought it would be and many UT fans would like to admit. I remember a game years ago when UTSA hosted Oklahoma State, score was like 52-14 and UTSA scored two garbage time TDs to make the score seem more respectable than the game really was. This felt like the complete opposite.
    it also seemed pretty evident the texas defense didnt give two craps until the trick plays happened. once they focused on tackling properly, utsa pretty much had nothing. texas went on a 34-3 run after that

24-20 with less than a minute in the 3rd Qtr, UTSA driving...I find it hard to believe a little doubt wasn't creeping into UT fans minds after all the soft letdowns they've had over the years.
    personal feelings about recent history has absolutely nothing to with the reality of the situation. harris was constantly on the run. eventually, the endless pressure was going to hurt him and cause a mistake, which it did big time. he clearly panicked when he saw watts blitzing and rushed the pass.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arka...otball_rivalry

Since we’re posting arbitrary that has nothing to do with UTSA.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    utsa averaged a whopping 3.2 yards per carry and never broke a run longer than 13 yards. thats definitely a struggle to run the ball.

oh really?

any other QB would have been sacked a solid 8-10 times last night. they were all over harris, hes just a fantastic playmaker and deserves the majority of the credit for utsa even briefly seeming like they belonged in the game. major props to him.

averaged 4.9 yards per play. again, not exactly stellar. "relatively well" lol yes it was relative in that they did well for a team that had no chance to begin with. doesnt mean they actually did well though. a couple nice drives, and a pair of trick plays but pretty much nothing else. most of those drives being sustained by a QB who was running for his life every other play and creating out of nothing.

it also seemed pretty evident the texas defense didnt give two craps until the trick plays happened. once they focused on tackling properly, utsa pretty much had nothing. texas went on a 34-3 run after that

personal feelings about recent history has absolutely nothing to with the reality of the situation. harris was constantly on the run. eventually, the endless pressure was going to hurt him and cause a mistake, which it did big time. he clearly panicked when he saw watts blitzing and rushed the pass.

UT fans trying so hard to act like it was a dominant win

I don't care about averages. They moved the ball with relative ease. The RBs ran the ball better than they did against Houston and Army and they didn't have Trelylon Smith (Arkansas transfer) who was out injured. Harris and the receivers ate. No sacks allowed--Houston and Army got home on Harris. On defense, they met Bijan in the backfield plenty he's just an all-world talent so the first guy never brought him down.

The pick 6, drops, and key offsides/false starts were unforced. A real elite team would've handled UTSA with a lot more ease. This one didn't come easy for UT but if you guys want to delude yourselves into thinking Texas is back because "they almost beat Bama! " go right ahead.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I don't care about averages. They moved the ball with relative ease. The RBs ran the ball better than they did against Houston and Army and they didn't have Trelylon Smith (Arkansas transfer) who was out injured. Harris and the receivers ate. No sacks allowed--Houston and Army got home on Harris. On defense, they met Bijan in the backfield plenty he's just an all-world talent so the first guy never brought him down.

The pick 6, drops, and key offsides/false starts were unforced. A real elite team would've handled UTSA with a lot more ease. This one didn't come easy for UT but if you guys want to delude yourselves into thinking Texas is back because "they almost beat Bama! " go right ahead.
    all the coulda woulda shoulda can go both ways

if ewers wasn't hurt
    if card wasn't hurt
    if card was a bit more accurate on a few passes
    if watts hand was an inch higher
    if jtavion stayed inbounds
    if they didn't have that penalty on the drive to close the half

none of that matters, bc it didn't happen. UTSA got blown out without too much trouble. end of story. quit crying.

and if you think they truly moved the ball well, despite having 13 minutes more TOP and 25 more plays ran, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

no one said Texas locked them down completely, but utsas offense moved inconsistently at best. the Texas defense clearly was the better overall unit, since the offense was completely incompetent of doing anything other than screen passes and runs with bijan.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    utsa head coach traylor is now accusing texas of adding speakers to his sidelines & blasting bass all of utsas possessions.......bruh welcome to big boy football this isnt the cusa......every major d1 team has speakers on opposing sidelines............bruh is salty that his video stunt backfired.......

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

it was your teams superbowl.......for texas it was like playing an d2 school..........texas slept walked the majority of the game & still won by 20

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    utsa is classless.........fooking commuter shool......texas should defund their system & give the money to utep/utd.......fook ur fans FkLA

on the sark traylor postgame altercation........a utsa staffer referenced sarks drinking

Sark was looking for Traylor for the handshake. Shortly after locking eyes on Traylor, someone jogged past Sark and said something that caught his attention. Sark immediately swung around to get in that ass and had to pull off so that he could shake hands with Traylor. Sark then told him to keep his cronies in check. After that, it seemed like the two coaches came to some sort of an agreement that they should handle like that between themselves.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Who said Ut is back?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who said Ut is back?
    little brother syndrome

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    all the coulda woulda shoulda can go both ways

if ewers wasn't hurt
    if card wasn't hurt
    if card was a bit more accurate on a few passes
    if watts hand was an inch higher
    if jtavion stayed inbounds
    if they didn't have that penalty on the drive to close the half

none of that matters, bc it didn't happen. UTSA got blown out without too much trouble. end of story. quit crying.

and if you think they truly moved the ball well, despite having 13 minutes more TOP and 25 more plays ran, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

no one said Texas locked them down completely, but utsas offense moved inconsistently at best. the Texas defense clearly was the better overall unit, since the offense was completely incompetent of doing anything other than screen passes and runs with bijan.
    400+ yards, 29 first downs, 9/16 on 3rd downs? And Traylor pulled the starters 5 minutes into the 4th Qtr.

They moved the ball just fine and that's despite the unforced mistakes I mentioned. If you want to delude yourself into thinking this was a dominant win go ahead. 24-20 with under a minute left in the 3rd. To me it still looked like a team that does so little with so much. Treated Bama like their super bowl but back to being the same old soft program.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    400+ yards, 29 first downs, 9/16 on 3rd downs? And Traylor pulled the starters 5 minutes into the 4th Qtr.

They moved the ball just fine and that's despite the unforced mistakes I mentioned. If you want to delude yourself into thinking this was a dominant win go ahead. 24-20 with under a minute left in the 3rd. To me it still looked like a team that does so little with so much. Treated Bama like their super bowl but back to being the same old soft program.
    so much butthurt

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    so much butthurt
    Because I don't think it was a dominant win?

Ok

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Who said Ut is back?
    I think anybody that wants to paint it as a dominant win, does it because they want to believe UT is closer to being what it looked like against Bama than what it looked like yesterday.

Plenty of chatter on the twitters about how much more resilient this UT team is than previous years as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Because I don't think it was a dominant win?

Ok
    I think anybody that wants to paint it as a dominant win, does it because they want to believe UT is closer to being what it looked like against Bama than what it looked like yesterday.

Plenty of chatter on the twitters about how much more resilient this UT team is than previous years as well.
    no one here said it was a dominant win. you keep making up stuff that no one here said.

the only claims were that utsa got blown out (a 21 point loss is generally considered a blowout), and that texas was pretty clearly the more talented team, even with a halfhearted effort

texas still has some growing to do, no fan in their right mind would say otherwise (getting ewers back will help majorly, but there are depth issues among every unit except RB).

at the same time, utsa simply isnt even close to ut's level, and no fan in their right mind would say otherwise.

and in terms of the "resilience" chatter, thats referring to how half the players on last years squad would have gotten mad and given up after utsa went up 17-7, leaving it to the freshmen to try to bail them out. those guys are now gone, and it shows.

and lets not kid ourselves, how much quicker this game would have been over if ewers was playing. receivers were open all over the field, card is just too scared to ever pull the trigger. he fights hard, but hes simply not good.
    Last edited by Neo.; 09-18-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Thread Information