Fade for Cade!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the team has officially quit on Greg Popovich, it is very realistic we free fall into the 4-6 range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bad is that Sacramento lose to Minny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as bad as the spurs are right now, there are too many teams out there that are playing even (worse) until they play the spurs that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embrace the tank.

It is time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The upcoming b2b games against the Nuggets will be instrumental for the tank.

Actually looking ahead, they might not win again until the Magic game (?) and if they lose that one, until the Pistons game on the 22nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-3, 23 games left

Top 9 looks locked in. Pelicans aren't going to stop losing. Ceiling for the Spurs is the 10th pick unless the Kings or Raptors turn around and start winning, then they can get that 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-3, 23 games left

Top 9 looks locked in. Pelicans aren't going to stop losing. Ceiling for the Spurs is the 10th pick unless the Kings or Raptors turn around and start winning, then they can get that 9th.
    Bulls have 9th right now and I'm not sure they're locked in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls have 9th right now and I'm not sure they're locked in.
    I'm aware of that. You still have the other teams. Pelicans, Kings, and Raptors.

Wolves
    Rockets
    Pistons
    Magic
    Cavs
    Wizards
    Thunder

Are all locked in.

Then you have Kings, Raptors, and Pelicans. Pelicans will keep losing. That leaves the Raptors or the Kings for the 9th. I wasn't talking about the Bulls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The upcoming b2b games against the Nuggets will be instrumental for the tank.

Actually looking ahead, they might not win again until the Magic game (?) and if they lose that one, until the Pistons game on the 22nd.

Yea there isnt many winnable games left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors got 8th and probably won't go farther than that. Sac and the Peilicans are the major obstacles but I see the Kings going on a run. 10th is our best bet but it wouldn't be impossible to get 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically all this ty season and were going to end up one selection better then last season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically all this ty season and were going to end up one selection better then last season
    10th pick will probably be a more impact player than Vassell, tbh. It's something to be excited about, really.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good game tonight boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, they still have to draw the ping pong balls. In the two lotteries since they went to 4 draw spots and flattened the odds, 5 of the 8 draw spots went to teams outside the top 4 before the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-4, 22 games left.

The bad:

Bulls lost.

The good:
    Pelicans won.
    Knicks won.
    Pacers won.

Warriors game is still going, they're up 4.

How many games will they win with 22 games remaining? Did tonight's game give White confidence?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Warriors can pull it out tonight.
    Last edited by Thomas82; 04-09-2021 at 10:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Spurs should’ve fully embraced the tank about a month ago. Could’ve had a real shot at a Top-5 pick and a real impactful player. After the top 5-6 picks, there’s a significant drop off in talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-4, 22 games left.

The bad:

Bulls lost.

The good:
    Pelicans won.
    Knicks won.
    Pacers won.

Warriors game is still going, they're up 4.

How many games will they win with 22 games remaining? Did tonight's game give White confidence?

So the warriors lose to the wizards.

Another bad is memphis losing.

Warriors and Pels could past us, imo sacramento would not. Indiana and Chicago with 1/2 game and 2.5 game behind us. Toronto and Okc looks far from us .

So i will say best pick possibility for sa will be 10th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the warriors lose to the wizards.

Another bad is memphis losing.

Warriors and Pels could past us, imo sacramento would not. Indiana and Chicago with 1/2 game and 2.5 game behind us. Toronto and Okc looks far from us .

So i will say best pick possibility for sa will be 10th.
    Another way to look at it is which teams have something to play for?

Toronto will probably continue losing. Their team is likely to have a major shake-up this offseason. Lowry is gone, so they probably need a high draft pick to replace him. Free agency has options too - they could pay Schroder.

The Pacers are currently 9th seed and not far from 8th. I think they're going to keep trying to win all the way.

The Bulls have no pick of their own this year, so they're trying their best to win.

The Warriors are a confusing bunch. On one hand, they keep trotting out horrible line-ups out there in-game, and on the other, they say they're going to start playing Curry back to back. I'm leaning towards that they're trying to tank.

I believe the Pelicans are trying to win now since I forgot how much the NBA wants its new golden child to be in the playoffs. The problem is they SUCK.

I cannot figure out if the Kings are trying or not. They are trending the wrong direction though and might be in too deep of a hole already to get into the play-in.

So yeah, the wild cards are the Warriors and the Kings. If they both win and get past the Spurs = Spurs get 10th. If only one = Spurs get 11th. If neither = Spurs get 12th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Spurs should’ve fully embraced the tank about a month ago. Could’ve had a real shot at a Top-5 pick and a real impactful player. After the top 5-6 picks, there’s a significant drop off in talent.
    Disagree. The significant drop off in talent is after the 2nd pick. Cade and Mobley and then it's everyone else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another way to look at it is which teams have something to play for?

Toronto will probably continue losing. Their team is likely to have a major shake-up this offseason. Lowry is gone, so they probably need a high draft pick to replace him. Free agency has options too - they could pay Schroder.

The Pacers are currently 9th seed and not far from 8th. I think they're going to keep trying to win all the way.

The Bulls have no pick of their own this year, so they're trying their best to win.

The Warriors are a confusing bunch. On one hand, they keep trotting out horrible line-ups out there in-game, and on the other, they say they're going to start playing Curry back to back. I'm leaning towards that they're trying to tank.

I believe the Pelicans are trying to win now since I forgot how much the NBA wants its new golden child to be in the playoffs. The problem is they SUCK.

I cannot figure out if the Kings are trying or not. They are trending the wrong direction though and might be in too deep of a hole already to get into the play-in.

So yeah, the wild cards are the Warriors and the Kings. If they both win and get past the Spurs = Spurs get 10th. If only one = Spurs get 11th. If neither = Spurs get 12th.
    Why would the warriors tank? They don't own their pick this year so it doesn't benefit them at all?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The significant drop off in talent is after the 2nd pick. Cade and Mobley and then it's everyone else.
    I think Kuminga is in that elite group too (but I get that others have him a spot or two lower). I think the draft is elite 1-3, very good 4-11, and average after that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kuminga is in that elite group too (but I get that others have him a spot or two lower). I think the draft is elite 1-3, very good 4-11, and average after that...
    Funny, I was thinking of including him in there but decided against it. Maybe he should be in it. I agree with your tiers.

If I were being honest, I'd probably draft Kuminga over Mobley but only because I want to see a long swingman going toe to toe with the likes of Nephew, LeBron, Doncic.

Thread Information