Page 63 of 162 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4045
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC: "Hurr durr but he believes in God too!"
    Damn shame what republicans allowed trump and his q-spiracy boys do to the party

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Republicans vote against investigating an attack on the Capitol building?
    Because we never investigated fake VP Harris inciting to riot BLM & Antifa, that's why, RG.
    They aren't mutually exclusive. We can do both, and you didn't really answer my question. No republican stated this as a reason for voting against it.

Why would Republicans not want to investigate an outright attack on the democratic election process?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props. Sums it up pretty succinctly.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They aren't mutually exclusive. We can do both, and you didn't really answer my question. No republican stated this as a reason for voting against it.

Why would Republicans not want to investigate an outright attack on the democratic election process?
    Don't be purposely obtuse, RG. Nothing good can come out of such a proceeding for the Republicans. Absolutely nothing. Months of posturing, grandstanding, warrants, subpoenas, on and on. Ain't nobody stopping you guys from having your own investigation, but we'd be nutty-nuts to hop in that bed with ya's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Senate report out this morning finds that the Capitol Police intelligence division was gathering data online about plots to breach the Capitol — including maps of tunnels — in December, but the threat wasn't relayed.

• The joint report — released Tuesday morning by the Democratic chairmen and ranking Republican members of the Senate Homeland Security and Rules committees — did not attempt to examine the origins and motivations of the people who participated in the attack.
    • It also did not analyze former President Trump's potential role. Many members of the mob were dedicated supporters of his who came to D.C. for the "Save America" rally immediately preceding the assault.
    • Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) told Axios this decision was made, in part, because the Justice Department was still identifying who was involved through its own investigation. Blunt said senators involved also felt they "could quickly assemble the information about the failure to defend the Capitol."

• Capitol Police leadership, rank-and-file officers and federal law enforcement were left in the dark — and thus unprepared for the worst attack on the Capitol since the War of 1812, Axios' Alayna Treene and Orion Rummler write from the 127-page report.

Capitol Police "began gathering information about events planned for January 6 in mid-December 2020," the report says.

• "Through open source collection, tips from the public, and other sources, [the intelligence division] knew about social media posts calling for violence at the Capitol on January 6, including a plot to breach the Capitol, the online sharing of maps of the Capitol Complex's tunnel systems, and other specific threats of violence."
    • Then there were intelligence, operational and security failures, the senators found: The information wasn't shared, up or down the line.

The report — by the Democratic chairs and ranking Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Rules committees — found:

• Capitol Police had no operational or staffing plan for the Jan. 6 joint session to count and certify the 2020 Electoral College votes.
    • Capitol Police officers didn't have adequate equipment or training.
    • The intelligence wasn't relayed to the FBI and departments of Homeland Security, Justice or Defense.
    • The Pentagon wanted to avoid looking over-militarized after its response to Black Lives Matter protests.
    • BARR's DOJ was the lead federal agency for security and response on Jan. 6, but never created a security plan and didn't coordinate a response, former Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told the committees.

https://www.axios.com/january-6-capi...e51ed9328.html

So Trash's Secretary of War, Trash's Barr, USCP head installed under Trash, ALL were in Trash's conspiracy lead by Barr to overthrow Congress 1/6.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

A Senate report out this morning finds that the Capitol Police intelligence division was gathering data online about plots to breach the Capitol — including maps of tunnels — in December, but the threat wasn't relayed.

• The joint report — released Tuesday morning by the Democratic chairmen and ranking Republican members of the Senate Homeland Security and Rules committees — did not attempt to examine the origins and motivations of the people who participated in the attack.
    • It also did not analyze former President Trump's potential role. Many members of the mob were dedicated supporters of his who came to D.C. for the "Save America" rally immediately preceding the assault.
    • Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) told Axios this decision was made, in part, because the Justice Department was still identifying who was involved through its own investigation. Blunt said senators involved also felt they "could quickly assemble the information about the failure to defend the Capitol."

• Capitol Police leadership, rank-and-file officers and federal law enforcement were left in the dark — and thus unprepared for the worst attack on the Capitol since the War of 1812, Axios' Alayna Treene and Orion Rummler write from the 127-page report.

Capitol Police "began gathering information about events planned for January 6 in mid-December 2020," the report says.

• "Through open source collection, tips from the public, and other sources, [the intelligence division] knew about social media posts calling for violence at the Capitol on January 6, including a plot to breach the Capitol, the online sharing of maps of the Capitol Complex's tunnel systems, and other specific threats of violence."
    • Then there were intelligence, operational and security failures, the senators found: The information wasn't shared, up or down the line.

The report — by the Democratic chairs and ranking Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Rules committees — found:

• Capitol Police had no operational or staffing plan for the Jan. 6 joint session to count and certify the 2020 Electoral College votes.
    • Capitol Police officers didn't have adequate equipment or training.
    • The intelligence wasn't relayed to the FBI and departments of Homeland Security, Justice or Defense.
    • The Pentagon wanted to avoid looking over-militarized after its response to Black Lives Matter protests.
    • BARR's DOJ was the lead federal agency for security and response on Jan. 6, but never created a security plan and didn't coordinate a response, former Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told the committees.

https://www.axios.com/january-6-capi...e51ed9328.html

So Trash's Secretary of War, Trash's Barr, USCP head installed under Trash, ALL were in Trash's conspiracy lead by Barr to overthrow Congress 1/6.

That cop in there shot that unarmed woman to death, bouts,,,then afterward he was feted for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thematically related

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many Capitol rioters are in the DC jail that authorities are struggling to manage the facility

https://www.rawstory.com/insurrectionist-jail/

there's plenty of room at Guantanamo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many Capitol rioters are in the DC jail that authorities are struggling to manage the facility

https://www.rawstory.com/insurrectionist-jail/

there's plenty of room at Guantanamo

Lol, this one day vs summer of love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think about Trump DOJ subpoenaed apple for data from accounts of Adam as gift?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think about Trump DOJ subpoenaed apple for data from accounts of Adam as gift?
    Huh?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thematically related

What?

Some members of the red team understand a Banana Republic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLM never attacked the US Capitol/government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wingers shutting down state governments with violence and threats of violence was a minor theme last year; peaceful incursions of heavily armed right wingers into state capitols also happened consensually, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of people in jail for trespassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of people in jail for trespassing.
    That's an interesting perspective. As a strictly legal matter, it's a serious crime to disrupt the government. What was so goddam important?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dbemocrats' 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.

Everyone else, meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone else, meh.
    that's well put

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gohmert Repeats Debunked Claim That Jan. 6 Rioters Were ‘Anti-Trump’

Gohmert claimed that on Jan. 5 he spoke to Capitol Police officers who he alleges told him they had been briefed on

"online activity that there are people that are going to be coming that hate Trump,

but they're going to dress up in red, MAGA, Trump paraphernalia to try to blend in and create trouble."

Gohmert claimed that on Jan. 5 he spoke to Capitol Police officers who he alleges told him they had been briefed on

In a Jan. 9 fact check, Reuters reported that viral images purporting to show antifa supporters infiltrating the Capitol were not real and noted that

the FBI said there was "no indication at this time" that antifa supporters were part of the Capitol attack.

A fact check from FactCheck.org similarly described the claims as "bogus" and noted that the claims were part of "an unfounded conspiracy theory that anti-fascist activists in disguise orchestrated the event."

Fact checks from the Associated Press, Politifact, USA Today, and NPR have also debunked the allegation.

Wray did not get a chance to address Gohmert's claim, but in testimony given in March,

Wray told the Senate Judiciary Committee that, up to then,

he had not "seen any evidence of anarchist violent extremists or people subscribing to antifa in connection with the 6th."

https://www.nationalmemo.com/louie-g...-capitol-riot-

Repugs FLOOD THE ZONE WITH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be purposely obtuse, RG. Nothing good can come out of such a proceeding for the Republicans. Absolutely nothing. Months of posturing, grandstanding, warrants, subpoenas, on and on. Ain't nobody stopping you guys from having your own investigation, but we'd be nutty-nuts to hop in that bed with ya's.
    So, you admit the attack on the Capitol was led by Republicans.

I am shocked you can be so honest about that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, you admit the attack on the Capitol was led by Republicans.

I am shocked you can be so honest about that.
    Where's the do-do connection, RG?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone else, meh.
    Why does your side have to lie about it then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's reality.

Thread Information