Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker stans still blaming Manu when their boy got emasculated by Chris "RuPaul" Bosh and dominated by Mario Chalmers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think SpursTalk has ever been the same after 6. The owner basically disappeared and used his alt to on his creation for like the next year or so.

Despite what stat geeks say I still think pulling Duncan was the wrong move. It was just one of those spontaneous, instinctive things you don't do imo. Pop took on the basketball gods with his enormous ego and lost.
    Still, the bball gods took mercy on us by a)hobbling Parker in the 2014 playoffs and b)blowing out the AC so Lebron's PEDs could backfire.

I also don't believe the Spurs repeat if they won in 2013. Besides 2014 was more fulfilling since Spurs beat the Thunder in epic fashion. People were ing in 2013 how the Spurs lucked out so it was great to face those ers head on. In the end it all worked out.
    What I remember the most from that game were Manu's horrible TO. I was a lot more casual about the Spurs back then and I felt he threw away that game.
    Both Manu and Parker really the bed in the Finals. If you ever get time, check out ElNono 's defense of Manu from the 2013 Finals. It's something else. He exhausted his entire mathematical and legal background to spin Manu's sandwhich. Even Joseph Goebbels and Josh Earnest were like "damn. Respect."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan or not Duncan, that not the question, if you want them not making a three, Why to even let them oportonity to get a shot for a three, just foul! Easiest dicision that could be for a coach! Such absord and agorance moment by Pop cost us so much for no reason... There never be and never will be such naive stuff in sport, we as spurs fans are victims of the most disappointment and embarrassment moment ever in sport!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We tried fouling once, the following year against the Pistons. We lost the game. Some reason USA coaches don't employ that tactic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Manu and Parker really the bed in the Finals. If you ever get time, check out ElNono 's defense of Manu from the 2013 Finals. It's something else. He exhausted his entire mathematical and legal background to spin Manu's sandwhich. Even Joseph Goebbels and Josh Earnest were like "damn. Respect."

Goebbels still posts here, tbh... under an alt obviously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think SpursTalk has ever been the same after 6. The owner basically disappeared and used his alt to on his creation for like the next year or so.

Despite what stat geeks say I still think pulling Duncan was the wrong move. It was just one of those spontaneous, instinctive things you don't do imo. Pop took on the basketball gods with his enormous ego and lost.
    Still, the bball gods took mercy on us by a)hobbling Parker in the 2014 playoffs and b)blowing out the AC so Lebron's PEDs could backfire.

I also don't believe the Spurs repeat if they won in 2013. Besides 2014 was more fulfilling since Spurs beat the Thunder in epic fashion. People were ing in 2013 how the Spurs lucked out so it was great to face those ers head on. In the end it all worked out.

I was a lot more casual about the Spurs back then and not to be disrespectful but I don't care about the Tiny vs Manu thing at all. I remember what I remember and I found it hard to watch the game after Manu started throwing the ball. Maybe it's a memory swipe after that. It only kept getting worse, but it seemed like the point of no return started there. Maybe I was too casual, vanilla take, with cherry on top, but I remember what I remember and that was deflating. I don't have a stake in these debates.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 09-29-2016 at 06:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We tried fouling once, the following year against the Pistons. We lost the game. Some reason USA coaches don't employ that tactic.
    We lost not because we fouled...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I'm pretty sure Duncan was missing critical rebounds the very next season. I don't remember what the case was, exactly, but the folks who honestly believe Tim should have been in were all Stevie Wonder about that game. And that ignores how he can't really switch to save his life.

Now why Splitter wasn't in is a different matter entirely.
    Maybe he couldn't do it consistently anymore but his whole career when you need TD he comes up big.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed. they really could have won B2B.... almost did it... almost.
    Spurs could have very well threepeated, tbh.

I love the Spurs so much and dislike Lebron's stuff so much, I could have probably retired from watching basketball on an 80s freeze frame on the air, if that threepeat had happened.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a lot more casual about the Spurs back then and not to be disrespectful but I don't care about the Tiny vs Manu thing at all. I remember what I remember and I found it hard to watch the game after Manu started throwing the ball. Maybe it's a memory swipe after that. It only kept getting worse, but it seemed like the point of no return started there. Maybe I was too casual, vanilla take, with cherry on top, but I remember what I remember and that was deflating. I don't have a stake in these debates.
    I insist, easiest variable to control was the FTs. Standing there, making 1 more, that would have put MIA in a harder position. Best case for them was to make a 3, then keep fouling, instead of getting the breath of tying the game and going to OT, at home.

TOs and specially rebounds could have gone another way, except for the evidently unforced TOs, which did not have to result in a made basket anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Duncan was in the game LeBron probably would have hit the 3.
    Since when has LeBron ever hit a clutch 3. I'll take my chances over leaving Ray Allen wide open

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then he injured tiago and tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all five Spurs players had stayed at the 3 pt line, no 3 pt shooter would have been left open with an exra in the passing lanes. A 2 pt did the Heat no good, they were down 3. The rebound would have had nothing to do with the game if there was no one to pass out the ball for another shot. Also, fouling Bosh on the rebound would have been acceptable. 2 shots and only 5 seconds. Then Timmy would have made a difference, but he would have been a liability during the inbound. That said Manu Danny and Boris all crashed the boards leaving open 2 3 pt shooters and they got burned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hard to say this but SAS had this completely right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hard to say this but SAS had this completely right
    Perfect storm of choke and fix. I avoided this thread until now, knowing it would make me ill to review GAME 6. It did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect storm of choke and fix. I avoided this thread until now, knowing it would make me ill to review GAME 6. It did.
    Watching this will change your mood:

ohhhhh I am now melancholic for that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you still argueing about this ... the following season would not have happened and that championship felt sweeter than anything ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you still argueing about this ... the following season would not have happened and that championship felt sweeter than anything ...
    Not to foul in that situation was the biggest mistake and the most pathetic move ever by a coach, all of you pretenders can ignure it as much as you want but it cost us the most exciting le, cost us being now with 6 les and Duncan with another fmvp, cost Duncan to be consider right now top 2 player of all time... Someone who is not still crying and devastating by it he's not a true fan...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It will haunt you till your dying day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kobyz Probably Pop's WORST coaching job, beginning-to-end EVER.
    Last edited by sasaint; 10-02-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Thread Information