Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't why this is even being talked about. The Tweet stated that teams called the Spurs inquiring about DeRozan that doesn't mean he's getting traded in fact it means quite the opposite. I f the Spurs wanted to trade DeRozan they would have done it during free agency or during the draft not in middle of the summer. They only traded Kawhi in mid July because he wanted out and they had no choice. I'm not sure that if there wasn't rift between Kawhi and the Spurs that they would have traded as opposed to letting his contact expire.
    If there’s smoke, there’s a fire. It’s either coming from Demar’s representation or from Spurs that Demar wants to be traded. That’s why teams are inquiring. It’s possible that we struck out on Morris, Spurs needed a better fit. Personally unless Demar has improved on his 3’s, he’s a clog in the offensive flow. We need a 3 and D in that SF position. The West is open imo, and Spurs is a very good 3 and D, and maybe a backup big C, away from serious contention. PATFO has responsibility to explore every opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there’s smoke, there’s a fire. It’s either coming from Demar’s representation or from Spurs that Demar wants to be traded. That’s why teams are inquiring. It’s possible that we struck out on Morris, Spurs needed a better fit. Personally unless Demar has improved on his 3’s, he’s a clog in the offensive flow. We need a 3 and D in that SF position. The West is open imo, and Spurs is a very good 3 and D, and maybe a backup big C, away from serious contention. PATFO has responsibility to explore every opportunities.
    The West is wide open, I agree with that.

But I really can't see any team who could give us value in the SF position as any team interested in DDR must think they are contenders and not a single contending team has two 3 and D players.
    Covington is the closest I can think of, but getting DDR makes zero sense for the Wolves.

Would any of you trade DDR for Hayward?
    Last edited by szkorhetz; 07-16-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that if there are leaks then somebody wants the story out there...it could be DDR or the spurs but, you cant discount that the leaks could be from other teams or agencies of other players who are reaching out for their own motivations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But I really can't see any team who could give us value in the SF position as any team interested in DDR must think they are contenders and not a single contending team has two 3 and D players.
    Covington is the closest I can think of, but getting DDR makes zero sense for the Wolves.

I think Hayward is a better fit but, I wouldn't do that unless boston attached something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otto Porter and a protected 1st for DeRozan and I'd fly to San Antonio and drive DDR to the airport tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade won't happen. We'll have a 20 page thread where everyone is excited for nothing. Then the Spurs will trot Derozan out on the court only to watch him continue to be a career net negative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic - Derozan

Spurs - Fournier, Bamba

Or if a little nudge is needed

Magic - Derozan, Spurs 2020 1st

Spurs - Fournier, Bamba, Magic 2021 2nd, Magic 2022 2nd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a terrible trade for us
    Explain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes if the numbers would fit. Hayward is long, agile who can hit big time. He fits much better in the Spurs system than DDR imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP was one of the worst players in the NBA at that point.

DeRozan didn't have Murray, but he had White: a better player that fit DeRozan's game better too.

If you go player by player it's pretty much imposible to come up with the conclusion that the 2018 roster was better than the 2019 one.

Look at Derozan's help. He had far less. Not to mention White was injured had to play his way back in and go back to the bench because of the injury. Danny Green was also there instead of Belinelli (pretty big difference there). And the biggest one is Manu. Give me Manu over the Mill, Belli, Bertans, White, and Forbes Derozan got. TP and Manu leading a Spurs system in the locker room and on the bench is still very valuable.

Anyway. You're right its up in the air a bit on trading Derozan but give him some 3 and D players around him and he will take your team to the playoffs and win a round or two ala Toronto. Give him a new Van Fleet, improved Siakim and Gasol he couldve definitely done damage on the Raptors team. Structure wise it is an odd fit for Derozan on the Spurs but Derozan has a lot of great tools a team can work with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think these teams are poking us to see if DDR is available since no talk of extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think these teams are poking us to see if DDR is available since no talk of extension.
    I agree. Don't think the Spurs are actively shopping DDR, just answering the phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Don't think the Spurs are actively shopping DDR, just answering the phone.
    Agree. But the PATFO neither denies the rumor. But if there are opportunities out there, they should explore and not stand pat. Again because the West is wide open, Pop/LMA/Gay not getting any younger, fix lineup post Kawhi debacle, Demar contract year, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I can see a lot of people in this thread being very disappointed if the Spurs re-sign (or come to an extension) with Derozan... I suspect the Spurs are taking calls, but not making them (ie listening to offers, but not actively trying to trade him). The Spurs will let him play his way to FA, unless they get a proposal that they like. In FA, I could see them coming to a deal with Derozan if he doesn't get a big offer, especially if he continues to look more comfortable in the Spurs system. Just last year, as Zeus mentioned, he looked better than he ever did in TO : more D, more/smarter passing ... if he continues to improve...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still can't shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am OK with listening to trades but I am not getting screwed cause DRozz is a very good player and he does have name recognition. So teams like Detroit, Orlando, and Bulls have been stuck in purgatory for years they need to create a buzz to sale tickets and sale merchandise so I think a trade is possible.

Also I am not giving up White, Walker, and Murray if you need another name I would throw in Nikola as he does still have value. Either way I think trading DEROZZ would be in the best interest for him and the Spurs just need the right assets in return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins & Covington����

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fournier & Gordon/Bamba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otto Porter and a protected 1st for DeRozan and I'd fly to San Antonio and drive DDR to the airport tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most part we can all agree Otto Porter Jr would be the best realistic swap for Derozan right? Talking from a starting 5 fit & scheme

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins & Covington����
    Wiggins is horrible. His contract is probably in the worst 5 in the NBA. He's empty calories, NBA junk food.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. He's a far better fit, and still a short term asset like DD, since he will likely opt out next summer. He's the forward bridge we need while KJ and Luka play a year in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows his flaws in the modern NBA, which is obviously outside shooting particularly the 3. If he didn’t fix his flaw, then PATFO has to explore while his value is high. I just don’t want for PATFO to stand pat because it’s “the right thing for Demar.” That’s when Spurs get screwed with Uncle Dennis, Paul Rich/Morris, Pau/Mills contracts. I know Spurs have long history of “doing what’s right.” But boy, for once I like them to be bold and selfish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is horrible. His contract is probably in the worst 5 in the NBA. He's empty calories, NBA junk food.
    Yeah, for people who can't stand DDR to advocate for Wiggins, it's a weird motivation because I fail to see what Wiggins brings to the table other than a bad contract. I'd rather have DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought about how advantageous DD's position is next year with the bump in salary cap and a shortage of top free agents. I wonder if Spurs are working his trade value vs an extension. He and Belli would be a pretty good trade package but other teams would probably want an extension or a promose of a good chance from DD's camp.

Thread Information