Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron writes with his left and does everything with his left except shoot a basketball. Good sign for Primo

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... Ben Simmons writes with his right and does everything with his right except he shoots with his left hand. Yeah, not as good of a sign, tbh
    Nah, it's different, because Simmons is anything but fluid in his "lefty" shooting motion. Guy literally looks like he's getting ready to shoot with one hand, then flicks the other wrist at the end of it. He definitely looks like the textbook case of getting "coached into ambidexterity" instead of having a natural gift for it. LeBron's shot is nothing like that, and thankfully Primo's isn't either.

Obviously doesn't necessarily mean Primo can develop such high-level finishing and handling abilities with both hands, but we can all dream for a bit tbh

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...Cousin Josh does not pass the eye-test for 6'6. Hopefully he grows to actually be that.

Hopefully he has the handles for the NBA, not to mention the athleticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant, George and Giannis all also grew during their NBA careers. Another two inches, and he's a PF SF candidate.
    FIFY

As of the combine he is 6'4" barefoot...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful pick. No matter how much the short bus spins it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is he still sitting? Injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...Cousin Josh does not pass the eye-test for 6'6. Hopefully he grows to actually be that.

Hopefully he has the handles for the NBA, not to mention the athleticism.
    He is 18 years old. Give him a break.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 18 years old. Give him a break.
    I'm not trying to be super hard on him, but he does get the ball taken from him alot lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron writes with his left and does everything with his left except shoot a basketball. Good sign for Primo

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... Ben Simmons writes with his right and does everything with his right except he shoots with his left hand. Yeah, not as good of a sign, tbh
    Primo can already shoot and make deep 3s. So, I'm not worried about his shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one's yet talked about how taking Primo a year early means he'll get on that NBA "Special Diet" a year early too, especially important given he's not done growing. How much HGH can a body take? I want lil Cuz' taking about that much for supper, tbh.

But the biggest takeaway from this pic IMO is that Vassell is still really slender. We'll see how he fares this year against NBA compe ion, but I'd like him to put on more weight still.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people feel the need to continue the schtick that Primo is 6'6".... he was literally measured a month and a half ago at the NBA combine and was 6'4" in bare feet and 6'5" in shoes. If he grows another inch or two, that would be great... but repeating info that we know is fabricated to bolster an argument is silly.
    you are correct sir

looking at the measureables: https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

interesting that primo has big ol hands -- and weiskamp clocking in at a 4.1% body fat. get this cracker some chicken salad stat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find, Dejounte

Add what he said in that interview with what he said in this interview, the agent is saying Primo was going to go 11th to the Hornets until Bouknight surprisingly fell to that spot. I'm not sure if I 100% buy that (Primo is nothing like a typical Jordan pick) but that's interesting.

It also sounds like the Spurs were initially interested in Primo with their 41st pick at the outset of the draft process but eventually figured out that he was going to be long gone by then. As I posted before the draft, I heard the Spurs were interested in Primo ... but I wrongly assumed it was with their second round pick even though the intel wasn't specific. In retrospect, I should have known better because even most mocks had him long gone by 41.

The Earl Watson connection also seems to have played a role in the Spurs being comfortable. Watson was a coach with the Toros so the Spurs had a nice connection when Watson was Primo's main pre-draft coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love these forced perspective pics that fans use to judge height

Primo just got measured a couple months ago. He's 6-foot-5 with shoes on. There's like a 1% chance he grows taller (the times a player has legitimately grown taller after getting drafted can be counted on one hand) and it certainly wouldn't have happened in a few weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find, Dejounte

Add what he said in that interview with what he said in this interview, the agent is saying Primo was going to go 11th to the Hornets until Bouknight surprisingly fell to that spot. I'm not sure if I 100% buy that (Primo is nothing like a typical Jordan pick) but that's interesting.

It also sounds like the Spurs were initially interested in Primo with their 41st pick at the outset of the draft process but eventually figured out that he was going to be long gone by then. As I posted before the draft, I heard the Spurs were interested in Primo ... but I wrongly assumed it was with their second round pick even though the intel wasn't specific. In retrospect, I should have known better because even most mocks had him long gone by 41.

The Earl Watson connection also seems to have played a role in the Spurs being comfortable. Watson was a coach with the Toros so the Spurs had a nice connection when Watson was Primo's main pre-draft coach.

Saw somewhere that Presti was planning to draft Primo, so that rumor might have forced Spurs FO to use the pick on Primo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Primo just got measured a couple months ago. He's 6-foot-5 with shoes on. There's like a 1% chance he grows taller (the times a player has legitimately grown taller after getting drafted can be counted on one hand) and it certainly wouldn't have happened in a few weeks.
    i dont think the guy who tweeted that was making a claim that he was 6’6” or anything like that. I think he was just pointing out that he’s barely shorter than our starting PF (who’s the same height as Draymond, maybe taller) and not much shorter than Devin pretty much pointing to that Primo’s 6’5”. But again, regardless of all these measurements the fact that he isn’t much shorter compared to guys we’ve seen play is a good sign he should be able to match up with wings, or at the very least big guards.

it is odd though that the spurs.com site says he’s 6’6” on the article where Primo signed his contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one's yet talked about how taking Primo a year early means he'll get on that NBA "Special Diet" a year early too, especially important given he's not done growing. How much HGH can a body take? I want lil Cuz' taking about that much for supper, tbh.

But the biggest takeaway from this pic IMO is that Vassell is still really slender. We'll see how he fares this year against NBA compe ion, but I'd like him to put on more weight still.
    I agree. Primo’s frame looks like he’s going to be packed, and not that slender type at all. I’ve mentioned before that looking at pictures, I noticed he has big thighs and would really help his center of gravity, and enormous hands to have better control of the ball.

Regarding Vassell, yes I expected him to have gotten bigger by now. But if that body could help him defend and chase blocks like Thayshaun Prince did, is okay by me too

Lastly, somebody mentioned Weiskamp with 4.1% body fat. And already he’s a better rebounder. I suspect that he’s another gym rat with high motor. I think he’s going to be a better defender once Pop got through to him, and excellent candidate for a 3 and D guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This picture of Primo looks like he’s not far from Keldon and Vassell’s height, definitely not 6’4ish. He’s even wearing sandals. I suspect he’s going to be as big as Keldon. Watch out . It’s also nice to see that he’s already getting along with the young core, and not shy at all. That’s confidence, and follows leadership. I mean this kid’s 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

B-b-but his growth plates! CIA Pop!

I haven't seen anything from this kid that jumps out to me that would justify his draft spot. Usually when you go with somebody that young, it's because they have crazy athleticism or freak measurements - neither of which Primo possesses.

I'm guessing they liked him because he seems to be a high culture guy and he played well in BoB and the Draft Scrimmage

I hope he pans out but this seems like the last holdout (drafting) of a once successful organization crumbling before our eyes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well definitely not going to happen in a week. And yes you can probably count on 1-2 hands the number who have grown post draft. However, Primo is still young and per reports his epiphysial plates haven't fused so I would say it's greater than chance 1% he grows more.
    I wonder if they have more data- like Igf-1 levels?
    Not sure they get to that level of inquiry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but his growth plates! CIA Pop!

I haven't seen anything from this kid that jumps out to me that would justify his draft spot. Usually when you go with somebody that young, it's because they have crazy athleticism or freak measurements - neither of which Primo possesses.

I'm guessing they liked him because he seems to be a high culture guy and he played well in BoB and the Draft Scrimmage

I hope he pans out but this seems like the last holdout (drafting) of a once successful organization crumbling before our eyes
    All the hype men are out in full force-for sure.
    Hope the kid turns out well. So far he shows good form on a jumper and trips and stumbles a lot, turns it over and throws up pitiful layups.
    Patience I guess

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the hype men are out in full force-for sure.
    Hope the kid turns out well. So far he shows good form on a jumper and trips and stumbles a lot, turns it over and throws up pitiful layups.
    Patience I guess
    Let that man live.....he’s 18 and just starting out in the best league in the world. Let that sink in.....

Thread Information