Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so, that shows you what the Suns think of Jalen Smith -- Saric is out for the year yet they're willing to get rid of Smith?

No thanks.
    Jalen Smith is looking like a clear bust.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that he easily couldn't be in the process of becoming that, but you apologists would be making every excuse under the sun if (when?) he were a Spur.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith is looking like a clear bust.
    Yup, there is a reason Sun fan is eager to include him in deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, there is a reason Sun fan is eager to include him in deals.
    After 1 season??? Wow you boys are harsh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microwave generations. Instant gratification, or it's .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Last year overall was seen like a weak draft, and it’s pretty much been tracking. That he was “the 10th pick” doesnt mean he merits being the prize of a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems his ceiling is a less good version of Emuka Okafor from a few years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl ready to toss aside Walker and Samanic too. they're like 22 and 21 and Samanic has barely seen the floor and when he did he looked above avg on the defensive end and walker has developed a nice jumpshot. I'll never understand the urge to throw those boys overboard yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl ready to toss aside Walker and Samanic too. they're like 22 and 21 and Samanic has barely seen the floor and when he did he looked above avg on the defensive end and walker has developed a nice jumpshot. I'll never understand the urge to throw those boys overboard yet
    Yea it's pretty weird how people obsess with projects the spurs drafted because they wouldn't have got them if they had stayed in college or overseas.

They also haven't had the opportunity to really play yet. Everyone knows pop has a record of screwing with young players development. The only players that developed played day 1. Some of them obviously more ready, but the game experience is where they'll grow. They need a consistent role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So wait, we’re supposed to accept that Primo is 1-2 years away from having regular rotation minutes but it’s different for a player like Smith who was on a team that couldn’t afford to switch from their win now philosophy with vets who had a higher standard for their teammates to play mistake-free basketball because they were actually competing for a championship.

spurstalk, yall. Dont come here for player evals.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-03-2021 at 09:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith could be a great fit for the Spurs. His development in PHX is going to be very slow.
    Some playing time and coaching would do wonders for him. I was hoping the Spurs would get him at 11 in that draft.

These dog days of the NBA season are hard on the psyches of SpursTalk folks.

I'll be curious if things start to move after Sept. 9 when Primo would be available to be traded. The Spurs have made more moves than usual and have the possibility of making more. This is new terrain for Spurs fans.

Mostly, I am just glad that we have seemingly chosen a youth-oriented path. Should be fun to watch compared to recent seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it all comes down to 1st round picks; that's what i really want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind adding Smith at all, as it is waaay to early to label a guy that barely got minutes on a team with les hopes as a bust at this point. but I think the Spurs can probably get something better in return for Young instead of Smith and Saric's dead money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So wait, we’re supposed to accept that Primo is 1-2 years away from having regular rotation minutes but it’s different for a player like Smith who was on a team that couldn’t afford to switch from their win now philosophy with vets who had a higher standard for their teammates to play mistake-free basketball because they were actually competing for a championship.

JUST because someone is 18 or young (Smith is 21) doesn’t necessarily mean they’re always “developable.” So both of your things can be true in this case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind adding Smith at all, as it is waaay to early to label a guy that barely got minutes on a team with les hopes as a bust at this point. but I think the Spurs can probably get something better in return for Young instead of Smith and Saric's dead money
    Sort of. Remember that PHX has bad depth issues in the front court, so much so that they were relying mightily on frank the tank there towards the end. You’d think the 10th pick on the draft would at least be able to come in for spot minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith would be a good add, coaches rarely trust rookies in the playoffs even if their thin at their position. He just needs to focus on getting bigger and continue working on his 3 pointer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekou doumbouya traded to the nets, pretty good add by Sean marks if they plan on keeping him tbh they could develop him into a really solid role player for that team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I both like Smith well enough and believe the "two years away" line is a bull coping mechanism fans use to justify guys who aren't developing normally. Smith wasn't a good player last year. It wasn't merely a minutes thing. He wouldn't've gotten minutes on the Spurs with that production either. He looked good enough in the summer league to have hope, but the idea that guys are supposed to start off as negatives and slowly become positives doesn't track with the way most guys actually develop.

I don't blame anyone who didn't like Smith for not considering him an asset, and at his salary, he can't be unplayable much longer without being a bad contract. The same will be true for Primy if his NBA minutes are horrible for two years. Smith still has another year in my mind before I would be concerned, but there's a huge difference between him and Primo right now.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Sekou doumbouya traded to the nets, pretty good add by Sean marks if they plan on keeping him tbh they could develop him into a really solid role player for that team
    i think Detroit salary dumping him on his rookie deal should tell you all you need to know dude is a scrub and only got drafted so high because GMs thought he could be the next Siakam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think Detroit salary dumping him on his rookie deal should tell you all you need to know dude is a scrub and only got drafted so high because GMs thought he could be the next Siakam
    Maybe, I think Detroit was a bad place for him to end up, I’d rather have him then our Luka but that’s just me

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with Jalen it wasn’t simply his NBA minutes, but he underwhelmed in the G league too, which is a much bigger concern. But he seemed to have improved in Summer League. He’s projecting as a role player and will need to shoot well from outside to overcome his slight frame and physical limitations, according to reports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ordinarily I'd agree, but he was drafted by the previous administration and the current guy has cleaned house. They chose Plumlee over Wood for the same reason and just had to salary dump Plumlee. Don't think I'd write off anyone Detroit's new gm got rid of just yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve officially lost all trust in this source now lmao but that NBASupes guy said that in December Ben Simmons will be traded for Norman Powell and Robert Covington. That seems like a pretty package for philly to even consider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess other teams might say the same thing about Vassel we are saying about Smith not developing.

Thread Information