My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One word: Mozgov

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It could be worse. Imagine if on top of all the insane contracts, the average game still looked like this:

Yesterday's NBA

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If only it was in today's NBA that guys get ridiculous money. IIRC the Sonics gave Jim McIlvaine $35 million back in the mid-90s.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manure is coming back. Literally, a random D-League scrub is better at this point.

Today's NBA

thank you
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah Manu is beast

timmy should go home though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MANU said he returning, doesnt mention about returning to the spurs

if his not on the spurs

then why isnt the pos pg not expendable?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only it was in today's NBA that guys get ridiculous money. IIRC the Sonics gave Jim McIlvaine $35 million back in the mid-90s.
    Nice sig man. Congrats on the le. Sincerely hope you don't repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who?

haha

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8012306

Different year same ....

No, Tony Allen represents today's era pretty good. They work at nothing, don't get any better, and come back year after year with the same old games. Why is Kawhi Leonard being compared to Pippen and Jordan and not to any of the players today? Because the players today don't have the skill sets of past players. Not even close. Even today's so-called best player in the world took 10 seasons to learn basic offensive fundamentals and skiils that 90's players were developing by their 3rd and 4th years. This is the chuck-a-three or bust era Any other skills be damned. The funny thing is these kind of teams were ridiculed because they couldn't win championships against the well-rounded teams that had inside/out games. Now chucker ball is the name of the game because skilled SFs, PFs and centers are scarce in the league. A mental midget unskilled Dwight Howard being the best big this era has to offer kind of says it all. He's a big man version of Tony Allen. 10+ years in this league and his best offensive move is to catch a lob Same goes for DeAndre Jordan and that MF is going to get max money This era is weaksauce.
    As long as these MFers are getting paid big money for skill it's not going to get any better.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Different year same ....

As long as these MFers are getting paid big money for skill it's not going to get any better.
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah Manu is beast

timmy should go home though
    Timmy carried this team a long with Parker, they can both stay.

Manure gotta go though, for real. Them Latino genes are carrying him through these contracts at this point. Spurs gotta suck up to the Latino fan base

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Different year same ....

at these vanilla nostalgia takes. You might fool people who weren't there, but anyone who watched '90s ball remembers the big money handed out to stiffs like McIlvaine, Jon Koncak, and Bryant Reeves simply for being big and tall. You want to talk about skill? The league had to change the rulebook to encourage scoring, because every team was full of Tony Allens who thought they were Dr. J. Scoring in the 70s was enough to win, even despite the league banning zone defenses and shortening the three-point line in order to make the players look better than they really were on offense.

Yesterday's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday's NBA >>>> Today's NBA

Kahwi would be a poor man's Keith Van Horn back then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be worse. Imagine if on top of all the insane contracts, the average game still looked like this:

Yesterday's NBA
    That bulls team that scored 49 points was one of the worst NBA teams of all time. It was composed of Toni Kukoc and a bunch of scrubs. Nice try with your typical propaganda. While your at it how about picking highlights of those mid to late 90's clippers teams and then declare with your typical shtick " 90's basketball." Your rational is stupid and by your logic 20 years from now kids will be picking highlights of this year's Sixers team and screaming " 2010's NBA basketball."

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    That bulls team that scored 49 points was one of the worst NBA teams of all time. It was composed of Toni Kukoc and a bunch of scrubs. Nice try with your typical propaganda. While your at it how about picking highlights of those mid to late 90's clippers teams and then declare with your typical shtick " 90's basketball." Your rational is stupid and by your logic 20 years from now kids will be picking highlights of this year's Sixers team and screaming " 2010's NBA basketball."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole "today's NBA" schtick is pretty tired...

If it's really that bad, stop watching, and stop spending hours on a basketball website obsessively talking about basketball.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

If it's really that bad, stop watching, and stop spending hours on a basketball website obsessively talking about basketball.
    Truth bombs, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

You do know its mocking morons complaining about how bad the 90s was right? Or does complaining about an era where guys had fundamentals not get old?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at these vanilla nostalgia takes. You might fool people who weren't there, but anyone who watched '90s ball remembers the big money handed out to stiffs like McIlvaine, Jon Koncak, and Bryant Reeves simply for being big and tall. You want to talk about skill? The league had to change the rulebook to encourage scoring, because every team was full of Tony Allens who thought they were Dr. J. Scoring in the 70s was enough to win, even despite the league banning zone defenses and shortening the three-point line in order to make the players look better than they really were on offense.

Yesterday's NBA
    That poster used to say the 2011-2014 Heat didn't have a legit #1 option, tbh..why are you replying to him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 90s had by far the ugliest brand of basketball in the history of the modern NBA and it isn't even close..the 1994-1999 part was egregiously hideous..anybody that thinks otherwise is completely biased and blinded by nostalgia..

The fact that White American players played a prominent role in the 80s and 90s is embarrassing, too..it's the equivalent of taking today's NBA and inserting a bunch of Arabs and Asians as rotation players

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    ^No one was paid massive amounts of money comparable to today for being ty players and not caring to develop their skills.

Thread Information