Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan was an all-star/1st teamer since the moment he entered the NBA and was winning rings and FMVPs in his 2nd year. Kawhi can't even wipe his own ass without uncle's permission in year 8. Not even comparable. Who tf cares when some retired football clown says about Timmy. dude's clearly brain damaged tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody in the history of basketball can match Duncan as the bedrock of a franchise. As a player he's top 5, top 7 at worst. But neither Jordan, nor Kobe, nor Kareem or anybody else gave a franchise 19 straight 50 win seasons
    100 PERCENT. Spot on, bro.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could tell Kawhi was dealing with some leg pain in this last playoffs, even with taking a third of the regular season off. If he doesn't win another le in the next year or two, I doubt he ever will. His wheels will come off fast, which is why I was surprised to see him sign just a 3 year deal. He's in the midst of his fame right now, and people have short-term memories when it comes to greatness sometimes. I mean, LeBron is great, but he's no MJ, and people actually debate their respective places in basketball history.
    The general consensus is that he did this because 2021 is the earliest that he can get a bigger max as a 10-year vet. This could help the Spurs, because 2021 is a huge year for free agents and the Spurs could snap up one or two big names while some other teams wait on Number Two to make his decision.

It could also be a calculated gamble, where Number Two hopefully puts in two more seasons of load management and signs a 5-year max right before his leg falls off. If he signed a 4-year deal he could start to break down in year 3, screwing up the long term. Then again, with how much money Uncle Dennis left on the table, I don't think I can credit him with being that smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flavor of the month. If KD wasn't injured KL is light one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^
    True story right here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flavor of the month.
    If KL wasn't Zaza'd, Kevina is light 2.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if skip heard this he’d plotz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn't even very impressive in the finals. Now suddenly he's the best player in the league and part of goat conversations?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetic justice: Kawhi suffers a real career-ending injury on his shortened contract.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Duncan would have 10+ rings had he joined super teams like today's soft ass stars.
    He literally played with two HOFers (Evita/Enrique) for the majority of his career along w/ prime (not peak) Robinson early in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Carter kicked his drug habit. Guess not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Duncan played on LA or NY and did what he did in San Antonio everyone would say he is the best ever

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Duncan played on LA or NY and did what he did in San Antonio everyone would say he is the best ever
    Cosign!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But instead he played under a coach that basically cut his stats to prolong his career in that he kept the playoff steak alive and lost a lot of playoff series that we should have won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetic justice: Kawhi suffers a
    real career-ending injury on his shortened contract.

Won't deny THAT would put a big smile on my face...
    Last edited by PHComassetto; 07-21-2019 at 10:30 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT=Verdana]

Won't deny THAT would put a big smile on my face...
    It sounds good on paper, and it would be just desserts for that rat. I guess I'm not actively rooting for it, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody in the history of basketball can match Duncan as the bedrock of a franchise. As a player he's top 5, top 7 at worst. But neither Jordan, nor Kobe, nor Kareem or anybody else gave a franchise 19 straight 50 win seasons
    neither did duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After kawhi wins his third this year, about 90% of millenials will rate Kawhi over TD. And in 10 years these millienials would be your average espn writers and commentators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After kawhi wins his third this year, about 90% of millenials will rate Kawhi over TD. And in 10 years these millienials would be your average espn writers and commentators
    Say what? Millennials grew up watching Duncan, ain't no way in they're going to rank a cornrowed clown over him

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally played with two HOFers (Evita/Enrique) for the majority of his career along w/ prime (not peak) Robinson early in his career
    Ummmm… I don't think you understand the concept of "super teams". The Spurs drafted both Tony and Manu and the end of the 1st Round and 2nd Round of their respective drafts. They were developed in SA. The Spurs' GMs didn't look at the MVP ballot list and sign 2-3 players from said list to run with TD. That's essentially what the Warriors did in signing KD to a team that already included an MVP caliber player (Curry) and two other all-stars (Klay, Draymond).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ummmm… I don't think you understand the concept of "super teams". The Spurs drafted both Tony and Manu and the end of the 1st Round and 2nd Round of their respective drafts. They were developed in SA. The Spurs' GMs didn't look at the MVP ballot list and sign 2-3 players from said list to run with TD. That's essentially what the Warriors did in signing KD to a team that already included an MVP caliber player (Curry) and two other all-stars (Klay, Draymond).
    At the end of the day, a "super team" is based on the collection of high-end talent. It's dumb to claim that Evita/Enrique signing as free-agents would have made the team a "super team" when they were called the "Big 3" for a reason.

Curry plays on a "super team" just like Bird & Magic. How the talent got there has nothing to do with the product on the court.

BTW, Tim damn near left the team to form a "super team" in Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His parents didn't even know how to spell Chris. He never had much of a chance in the brains department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what? Millennials grew up watching Duncan, ain't no way in they're going to rank a cornrowed clown over him
    Yet another reminder of why I have this apalisuck got on ignore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, a "super team" is based on the collection of high-end talent. It's dumb to claim that Evita/Enrique signing as free-agents would have made the team a "super team" when they were called the "Big 3" for a reason.

Curry plays on a "super team" just like Bird & Magic. How the talent got there has nothing to do with the product on the court.

BTW, Tim damn near left the team to form a "super team" in Orlando.
    The term "super team" is from the Heat days when the team was made just by player's decisions to form a unit of all stars with a nba championship goal...in that sense the first super team was LBJ/Wade/Bosh plus someone else...aka three of the top players that decided to form by themselves what was at the time the best team in nba.
    Before that, all teams were made by the team, not the single players...and also the big teams of the '80 (Lakers and Celtics) were made by a coincidence of good draft picks and trades or free agents commitments to the teams (and not agreements made by players)...with big markets having big benefits by being big markets and exploiting, via absurd trades, some stupidity from inexperienced owners of small markets teams (see the "famous" Steptien Rule)...
    In this sense the Spurs have been unique...'cause they achieved tremendous goals just by (some lucky) draft, scouting and internal development...

Thread Information