Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trump supporters always fall in love with european Grayson Allens lol it never fails. This guy sucks. 9 pages, embarrassing...
    Yeah the obsession with Euro trash players is disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, he's going to be a riser. Too many flawed first round prospects to pass on someone with Samanic's skillset. Plus, he played really well at the combine and his measurements and athleticism all checked out. As it looks right now, for the Spurs to get him they'd have to draft him at 19. Don't think he lasts to 29, especially when teams who prefer a draft-and-stash possibility start getting involved.
    Tbh...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think Clarke woulda been great with us. That guy is going to be a thorn for us. Having said all that we picked this guy that none of us have ever heard of. (If you say you did you are full of ) If he works out though I think i will forever STFU about Pop and RC being washed up. No please go get a en 3nD SF!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trump supporters always fall in love with european Grayson Allens lol it never fails. This guy sucks. 9 pages, embarrassing...
    Lol as if you know better than a guy who has been doing if for years.
    If you think your better than him why not apply for a gm on some lottery teams? Delusional got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Balancing out the MVanVleetP takes tbh...........

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope RC sees the clip
    Of course. Don’t you know RC told him to shoot poorly so everyone else would pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s hope Clarke is a bust since SA passes on him and he’s now in SA division. I like Luka but he will be compared to Little, Clarke and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luka Samanic

Position: PF
    Height: 6-foot-11
    Weight: 227.2
    Wingspan: 6-foot-10.5
    Draft Range: 15 to 35
    Combine Results? Yes

Why: Very, very good athlete. Fast for a big, jumps really well and his natural fluidity is that of a point guard. Quick with the ball -- even most modern-day bigs would find it difficult to stay in front of him. Ball-handling ability as a big is off the charts. Has advanced footwork in the post. Shooting stroke is picture-perfect. Defensively, he's very capable of switching off onto smaller players. Battles for rebounds and is actively shedding his 'soft' label. RC Buford was seen scouting him.

Why Not: While his mechanics are good, he doesn't have much history of actually making three-pointers. So far, most of his scoring potential is more theoretical than anything else. His ball-handling can be wasted because he doesn't have good court vision and isn't always a willing passer. While he has gotten a lot stronger in the last year, he has to keep working at it -- especially because he has a high center of gravity. As it is, he has a hard time holding his ground. Wingspan is underwhelming.

Spurs Fit: His fundamentals on both ends are there so he could battle for NBA minutes as a rookie.

Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Athletic Hedo Turkoglu

Spurs Comparison - Floor: Davis Bertans without the jumper

Europe Stats
    Highlight Video
    The Stepien Profile
    HoopsHype Profile
    Good thread. He does remind me of Davis w/o the jumpshot, which is Davis best attribute.

But this guy is so young, hopefully he gets stronger with time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I hope I am wrong but him rising due to one game at the combine and a workout is reminiscent of Livio Jean Charles rising due to a good showing in one game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol as if you know better than a guy who has been doing if for years.
    If you think your better than him why not apply for a gm on some lottery teams? Delusional got.
    Why did your fat wife marry a hunchback gorilla? Sometimes those are the cards we're dealt. Drunkford was fortunate to have known that coach killing snake Greg from their drinking sessions on the corner of Guadalupe streets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did your fat wife marry a hunchback gorilla? Sometimes those are the cards we're dealt. Drunkford was fortunate to have known that coach killing snake Greg from their drinking sessions on the corner of Guadalupe streets
    Im not even married yet, but ok. Thats your excuse? Why not start with an AAU team then? Ever tried coaching? Managing a basketball team? Even at an amatuer u-16 level? No?

You have no excuse to be a couch GM when there are lots of opportunities. But then again it all boils down to talent. Which you have none. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN has him up to #30. Tankathon has him at #26.

I still think the Spurs have to take him at 19 if they want him ...
    Good prediction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic,

the Euro Don Ramon, would be a good addition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder who shall take Bol Bol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad we got one of the players I liked. I was one of his staunch supporters!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs picked this guy based on like 20 minutes of game time and he reportedly didn't have good stats in minor Euro compe ion.

What. In. The. ?

I feel like this is going to bite us in the anus.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs picked this guy based on like 20 minutes of game time and he reportedly didn't have good stats in minor Euro compe ion.

What. In. The. ?

Buford scouted him personally in Europe. He was scouted heavily. WTF is this “based on one game” ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford has been scouting Samanic since at least 2015, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

What. In. The. ?

Livio 2.0. Scrub that played his ass off in one fluke game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford scouted him personally in Europe. He was scouted heavily. WTF is this “based on one game” ?
    It’s simply that most of these folks don’t know sh!t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not even married yet, but ok. Thats your excuse? Why not start with an AAU team then? Ever tried coaching? Managing a basketball team? Even at an amatuer u-16 level? No?

You have no excuse to be a couch GM when there are lots of opportunities. But then again it all boils down to talent. Which you have none. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    Lol I'm probably the best talent evaluator on this forum. Aside from my Kawhi schtick from years ago, my analysis is spot on. That's besides the point though, pussy. Talent doesn't take you far in the NBA. Drunkford proved that. $98,000,000 to Pau and Patty. I'll never let you riders live that down. Not even the forum special needs poster cutewizard would've done those contracts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I'm probably the best talent evaluator on this forum. Aside from my Kawhi schtick from years ago, my analysis is spot on. That's besides the point though, pussy. Talent doesn't take you far in the NBA. Drunkford proved that. $98,000,000 to Pau and Patty. I'll never let you riders live that down. Not even the forum special needs poster cutewizard would've done those contracts
    "Talent evaluator" calls Luka Samanic unathletic. lol spot on analysis.
    Compalining about pau at patty (i do too btw), when years ago you want CP0 in the team even if it means trading half of the team away. Cancerous locker room guy being propped up by another cancerous poster.

At the end of the day, your nothing but a couch gm flexing on a message board when both RC and Pop have been winning for 2 decades. That is something you can never live down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think your evaluations are normally spot-on. So grade the three picks tonight? They felt safe and none will play meaningful minutes next year. I don’t think they were bad picks, but nothing franchise changing like B minus filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think your evaluations are normally spot-on. So grade the three picks tonight? They felt safe and none will play meaningful minutes next year. I don’t think they were bad picks, but nothing franchise changing like B minus filler.
    Luka: C
    He's the prototypical euro big the Spurs always fall in love with. He has the build of a Jewish boy during WW2 and will get bullied on both ends of the floor. Teams will be able to guard with him with big guards and they won't regret it. Not a rim protector at all, expect Bertans and Bonner contests which consist of jumping straight up with both arms up. Was below average last year, said it himself, and the only upside he had coming into the Draft were 15 good minutes of an exhibition game against other players his age. He can run the floor well and that's about all he does at an elite level. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

KJ: Grade B
    Not my top choice at 29 with Little and Porter Jr still there but that's about where you expect a player like him to go. He's a small SF and his wingspan nor athleticism are anything to write home about. Probably a two year Austin project tbh. Don't see him getting minutes over Gay, DDR, Marco, Davis, or even Lonnie.

Thread Information