Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The left hates white people. The evidence is overwhelming.
    White fragility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The left hates white people. The evidence is overwhelming.
    what a snowflake... whatever happened to bootstrap, etc...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a snowflake... whatever happened to bootstrap, etc...
    Calling out leftist hatred of whites is not mutually exclusive from that concept.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys a bunch of out-of-work white actors?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same people that love trigger warnings, safe spaces, and think speech is violence like to discuss the fragility of white people. It's all so very odd.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling out leftist hatred of whites is not mutually exclusive from that concept.
    You're wholesale attaching bigotry to an entire political affiliation, one that arguably makes up a majority of the country and nearly half of all white people. And within the next two hours you're probably going to get the shakes over someone calling Trump voters racist.

You're unstable, dude. You really need to get a new hobby. This one isn't going well for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same people that love trigger warnings, safe spaces, and think speech is violence like to discuss the fragility of white people. It's all so very odd.
    white fragility is admittedly a stupid and intentionally provocative term... the concept is sound

when have you heard me saying anything about trigger warnings or safe spaces? but you know what, lets engage

re: trigger warnings - do you have an issue when videos/articles have a "viewer discretion is advised" note in the beginning?

re: safe spaces - what is your understanding of what safe space is? if somebody barged into an AA meeting and started mocking people for alcohol abuse and waving bottles of beer in front of their faces, do you think that person should be kicked out? if the members tell that person he cant do that, are they just soft liberal pussies?

i mean sure, if a student walks around outside and draws a ing chalk circle around them saying THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE YOU CANT COME IN HERE or something like that, it would be re ed, but i dont think that's really what happens
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-07-2020 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I've ever seen sr21 say any of those things, but that's what you do. You generalize. And then you spend hours accusing others of the same sins.

You've basically created an entire fictional universe where the bar is so low for your opposition that you can forgive yourself for being as ty and worthless a person as you perceive them to be.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wholesale attaching bigotry to an entire political affiliation, one that arguably makes up a majority of the country and nearly half of all white people. And within the next two hours you're probably going to get the shakes over someone calling Trump voters racist.

You're unstable, dude. You really need to get a new hobby. This one isn't going well for you.
    The left having unaware white voters and self hating white voters doesn't change matters. Yes, not everyone that votes left hates white people. They are just supporting an ideology that's increasingly showing its hatred of whites. So yes I'll continue to call it out. I've been doing it for years now and the evidence of me being correct is more abundant than ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The left having unaware white voters and self hating white voters doesn't change matters. Yes, not everyone that votes left hates white people. They are just supporting an ideology that's increasingly showing its hatred of whites. So yes I'll continue to call it out. I've been doing it for years now and the evidence of me being correct is more abundant than ever.
    do you think white people that acknowledge white privilege are necessarily self hating?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even imagine having the built-in advantages of being a white male and still failing at life so hard that I would identify my being a white male as a disadvantage, blaming the left's "hate" for whites as a factor in my failures.

Based on Nathan's anger, sensitivity, and intellectual immaturity, I'd put him in his early 20's, which means there is still plenty of time to turn things around. Best of luck.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I've ever seen sr21 say any of those things, but that's what you do. You generalize. And then you spend hours accusing others of the same sins.

You've basically created an entire fictional universe where the bar is so low for your opposition that you can forgive yourself for being as ty and worthless a person as you perceive them to be.
    White fragility is a concept powered by the same idiots that power of these other idiotic concepts. I don't really care if this particular person doesn't subscribe to everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't even imagine having the built-in advantages of being a white male and still failing at life so hard that I would identify my being a white male as a disadvantage, blaming the left's "hate" for whites as a factor in my failures.

Based on Nathan's anger, sensitivity, and intellectual immaturity, I'd put him in his early 20's, which means there is still plenty of time to turn things around. Best of luck.
    well he's already on his way down the alt right rabbit hole. maybe he can come out the other side

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-radical.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White fragility is a concept powered by the same idiots that power of these other idiotic concepts. I don't really care if this particular person doesn't subscribe to everything else.
    what do you think white fragility means?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pointing fingers is bootstrapping? do tell..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan89 let me know if you want to have an actual discussion about any of the things you brought up and i responded to...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should enlighten us. It comes off as a bunch of bull to me and your usage of it seemed didn't change that impression. You didn't counter my commentary. You effectively chimed in with an in an insult. Which is fine but let's recognize the nonsense for what it is.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    doesnt understand that his white fragility is on display every time he posts

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

What is an example of confirmation bias?

Confirmation biases impact how we gather information, but they also influence how we interpret and recall information. For example, people who support or oppose a particular issue will not only seek information to support it, they will also interpret news stories in a way that upholds their existing ideas.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

It’s funny that Gaythan never denies it when he sees posts like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should enlighten us. It comes off as a bunch of bull to me and your usage of it seemed didn't change that impression. You didn't counter my commentary. You effectively chimed in with an in an insult. Which is fine but let's recognize the nonsense for what it is.
    sure.

so white fragility as a term was coined by some author in her book of the same name, which i dont care for, and as far as i'm aware is a badly written book. the name was provocative and only fueled more outrage, so i get that.

it really points to a defensiveness, not a "fragility." the basic premise is that there is a phenomenon of white people getting defensive when issues of racism and privilege are brought to their attention, because they mistake it as an attack on the validity of their social standing. ie:

- white person hears the term white privilege, and takes it as an attack on him, as though people are saying he didnt work for what he earned, and it was handed to him just because he's white

- white person hears somebody talk about how systemic racism has held back black people (in the aggregate) and again, they think people are implying that the same as the above. it's why when an issue of race is brought up, there's the default "you're playing the race card!" response. its a desire to avoid an uncomfortable discussion because it is incorrectly perceived as a direct attack

- white person hears that there is systemic racism (and that they may have passively benefitted from that system), and they interpret that to be an accusation that they specifically are racist (it isn't, though) which causes them to brush it off or try to deny it, because of the mental discomfort it causes them

i think its also somewhat important that its basically a psychological response, and not really one inherent to "white people." it just so happens that this is a society where white people had historically been on top, and so this is who it would apply to in today's america.

you dont have to agree with the concept of it... and you're free to critique it, but the idea of "white fragility" being indicative of self loathing white people or "being anti-white" is just a distortion of what is claimed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao for real!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    re: trigger warnings - do you have an issue when videos/articles have a "viewer discretion is advised" note in the beginning?

re: safe spaces - what is your understanding of what safe space is? if somebody barged into an AA meeting and started mocking people for alcohol abuse and waving bottles of beer in front of their faces, do you think that person should be kicked out? if the members tell that person he cant do that, are they just soft liberal pussies?

i mean sure, if a student walks around outside and draws a ing chalk circle around them saying THIS IS MY SAFE SPACE YOU CANT COME IN HERE or something like that, it would be re ed, but i dont think that's really what happens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

keep on posting your pussy ass hypothetical questions and stay in your safe space SR.

Thread Information