Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully demar raises his trade value.

he could shoot 90% for the rest of this season and trading him would still be of the utmost importance.
    Re-signing Derrick is second most important. If we can pay him around the same as Dejounte's it would be an epic steal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully demar raises his trade value.

he could shoot 90% for the rest of this season and trading him would still be of the utmost importance.
    Re-signing Derrick is second most important. If we can pay him around the same as Dejounte's it would be an epic steal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only played 21 minutes. Rest of the starters plus KJ played over 30.
    He was also the only Spur with 5 fouls. I wouldn't read too much into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also the only Spur with 5 fouls. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    That probably explains it. But DJ was getting raped by Fox. Dude needs to remember how to play actual D. I know he picked up some really ty habits bc of trying to cover for Bryn. Another Forbes effect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Spurs player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs

Starters MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. DeRozanSF 38 10-13 0-0 7-9 1 4 5 10 0 0 4 4 +7 27
    J. PoeltlC 32 3-7 0-0 1-2 4 2 6 3 2 2 0 3 +7 7
    D. WhitePG 34 8-15 4-9 6-6 2 6 8 5 1 1 5 3 +19 26
    D. MurrayPG 21 5-11 1-2 0-0 0 4 4 4 0 0 2 5 -9 11
    L. Walker IVSG 32 7-12 1-2 1-1 0 3 3 4 0 0 2 0 +10 16
    Bench MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
    D. EubanksPF 2 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 +3 2
    R. GaySF 26 8-15 3-5 0-0 1 7 8 1 0 1 1 0 +3 19
    K. JohnsonSF 30 3-7 2-4 0-2 1 5 6 2 1 0 0 1 +7 8
    M. BelinelliSG 15 1-4 0-2 7-7 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -2 9
    Q. WeatherspoonSG 10 2-5 0-1 0-0 0 1 1 2 1 0 1 1 +0 4
    C. MetuPF DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    L. SamanicPF DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    T. ZellerC DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    TEAM 48-90 11-25 22-27 9 33 42 32 6 4 15 17 129
    53.3% 44.0% 81.5%
    Is Forbes injured? The moment he gets a start over either White or Walker, this thing goes to . That lineup loses all that beatiful flexibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think after tonight @Dwhite921 was a mixture of the "Wet Bandits" from Home Alone. Missing Tooth (Harry) Hair (Marv) And the Kings were Kevin's booby traps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This website is really slow for some reason. It’s getting annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed the game but great to see a victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victory!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remaining schedule... show me a loss, because I don’t see one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where is this "phantom exchange" between Keldon and DDR?
    It was on the league pass stream. Yours cuts into the commercial at 1:08 in your clip. It was precisely that moment when they sit down

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    DeMar had like 10 assists last night, his passing was pretty on point tbh. not sure i'm buying that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan played well at the end, but Spurs wouldn't have won this without White's effort.
    Rudy played 10 years younger, RBs especially!!, PTs, after a long rest. How long with that last?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar had like 10 assists last night, his passing was pretty on point tbh. not sure i'm buying that
    Ive got no reason to lie.

You can be a ball hog and have ten assists. Assists are not an indicator that you arent a ball hog. It means you keep the ball until the last second and pass it to someone who makes it. Theres no team ball movement in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR played OK and was influential at the end.
    I opine that he should be moved and players to replace him should earn what he does should be acquired and these players should defend, shoot reasonably and run and jump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where is this "phantom exchange" between Keldon and DDR?
    Heres an image of the moment. I cant make a gif:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard disagree. This game, we got the aggressive, decisive White, but is that a certainty for every single game? It wasn't the case for all of this season, neither the past one. Lonnie can bail you out of broken plays with athleticism, is doing amazing work at positioning himself off-ball (whether our guys find him is another thing entirely), and he's got very good passing instincts. The one young player who'd benefit the most coming off the bench, is Dejounte, because he'd get the touches and reps that he needs, whilst facing subpar defenses, which wouldn't be so harsh on his non-elite ballhandling and playmaking skills. The fact that Lonnie turned on the jets late today doesn't mean he always does it, especially when White was so dominant out of the gates, which explains his lack of touches. I'm expecting our young guys to rotate in their prominence throughout these 8 games.

Having said that, I also like Keldon off the bench more than I like him as a starter, for this season at least. He's a game-changer when he's on the court, and the energy he brings to the court, and the size and strength he plays with, are much better used against smaller bench defenders, which he can easily power through. With DeMar and Jakob, and DJ to an extent, all being non-shooters fixed to the SL, we really need Lonnie's off-ball positioning and corner 3's, whereas Keldon isn't as established a shooter - though I really liked his form on the few threes he took today.

Next year, I'd like to see Lonnie-Keldon at the 2-3, with my pipe dream being White at the 1 and DJ getting the reps and development he needs as the bench PG. Do the Spurs have the balls to do that when they've already commited to DJ long-term? I don't know, but games like today's make it clear that Dejounte still has a lot of work and development to do, whereas White is (should be) practically a staple for the SL.
    Youre a great poster btw

timvp get this guy to write for you

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Ive got no reason to lie.

You can be a ball hog and have ten assists. Assists are not an indicator that you arent a ball hog. It means you keep the ball until the last second and pass it to someone who makes it. Theres no team ball movement in that.
    i'm not saying you're lying, just saying you probably think he said that when he didn't, or if he did it's not in the context youre thinking tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not saying you're lying, just saying you probably think he said that when he didn't, or if he did it's not in the context youre thinking tbh
    Its gotta be the latter if im wrong... If someone could make a gif, his lips clearly say "pass the ball"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre a great poster btw

timvp get this guy to write for you
    Thanks! I love writing in general, and talking about the Spurs is a great outlet (especially when they play frustratingly). Nice to see it's appreciated. And hey, I wouldn't mind writing for some bucks if timvp calls on me - they say if you work off what makes you happy, it ain't work, right?

I'm still high off last night's game, tbh. I watched a few highlights of earlier games from this season afterwards, and the team is notably different, and better. The ball moves more, there's much more pronounced effort on D (Forbes not being there is a big part of this, and of course putting the effort and succeeding at it aren't the same thing), and our transition game is starting to take form, whereas earlier in the season we'd run a half-court offense almost every single possession, which made it much harder to score and usually required some form of LA/DDR iso ball, which I feel hinders the team. The young guys aren't there to just be spot-up shooters - they want to run the show! I also think a transition offensive game is especially beneficial for Dejounte, who struggles with traditional playmaking, but can make use of his athleticism and size on the open court.

If only the Spurs would cut out that lame pump-fake-drive-kickout-repeat that they've become so accustomed to doing every single play, and started shooting more from outside (Derrick has definitely made it a point of emphasis - I recall one interview earlier this season where he talked about putting in 500 3's each practice, and it's working out well), I could see the Spurs making a run for the 8th. Whether they would benefit from that long-term, is up in the air, but if we make the playoffs at the hands of the young players, I'm not against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll Look for it....
    I just figured it out and did it myself:

https://imgur.com/gallery/qvv5Jag
    I dont know how to make it show up without clicking the link

Thread Information