Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unless a 3rd team is involved (one that could then take whatever the lakers were to offer-especially if one of the players is Kuzma), i would not want an S&T with the lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't particularly like CJ as a player; thus, I wouldn't do a DDR S&T for CJ unless other assets were coming along. Further, if I did such a trade, I would look to further move CJ for assets...

WRT to a DDR S&T to the Lakers, I don't mind it, but I want assets back not just :
    ... the Lakers trash. Kuzmas bad enough...
    That would mean Kuzma and an actual asset (as well as any other salary ballast): THT on a good contract, or whomever they draft this year (assuming I like the kid).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fans on this board thinking we have the luxury of being picky when demar could just leave for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan to the lakers is 2 wins for the spurs. The spurs get better and the lakers get worse

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fans on this board thinking we have the luxury of being picky when demar could just leave for nothing
    Spurs would prefer nothing than other liabilities. Cap space can be used to facilitate trades and get a pick or two out of it considering most teams has no space

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must be in the minority here but I’d be really happy with Kuzma lol Lakers put there young players in bad positions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if DDR is set on going to Lakers AND getting paid. Even if the team "cleared" their books, Lakers wouldn't have the $$$ to make a compe ive offer. DDR would have to be cool with full MLE type money if he really wanted to go there.

Outside of losing him for nothing to one of the few other teams with loads of capspace (e.g., Knicks), Spurs have all the leverage in any dealings with Demar. Hope they use it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would prefer nothing than other liabilities. Cap space can be used to facilitate trades and get a pick or two out of it considering most teams has no space
    Spurs would likely either take back Kuzma and one of Harrell of KCP, all of whom are not liabilities or would have value as assets that can be flipped to contenders. And the Spurs would get whoever is picked 22nd out of it. Our cap space is irrelevant because we could still offer a max and the FA market sucks anyway this year. Spurs need to make trades to acquire assets for other trades. Preserving cap space for someone we probably won't even get is dumb

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont understand all this kuzmas hate. Hes a decent player and theres a great chance he become better in another team (just like it was with ex lakers young players: randle, ingram). Moreover hes on a decent contract 13mil/yr and it seems he likes pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if DDR is set on going to Lakers AND getting paid. Even if the team "cleared" their books, Lakers wouldn't have the $$$ to make a compe ive offer. DDR would have to be cool with full MLE type money if he really wanted to go there.

Outside of losing him for nothing to one of the few other teams with loads of capspace (e.g., Knicks), Spurs have all the leverage in any dealings with Demar. Hope they use it.
    If the Spurs don't want to facilitate a trade to LA I guarantee he signs a large deal with NY. Spurs don't have any leverage man, come on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must be in the minority here but I’d be really happy with Kuzma lol Lakers put there young players in bad positions
    Exactly. I'm not a huge fan but he plays a position of need, fits our young guys timeline, and is not making ridiculous money. Spurs fans here are delusional

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DDR and their filler contracts, I'd need Kuzma + 22nd selection in this draft + their 2022 pick (it'll likely be pretty ty anyway)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positional need is extremely important. Jarrett Allen duplicates what you already get from Poeltl. I'd rather have Allen, but not at his price point, and getting Allen means you have to deal Poeltl. It doesn't make sense.
    Dealing Poeltl shouldn't stop us from getting an impact player at the 5, and when I said positional need wasn't important I didn't mean we wouldn't have to sign or draft a 4, just that I believe that what Allen would bring is more valuable to the team as a whole than what Collins' would bring. Especially if it takes the max to get him. If Cleveland drafts Mobley, chances of it taking a max deal to get Allen drops significantly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't want to facilitate a trade to LA I guarantee he signs a large deal with NY. Spurs don't have any leverage man, come on
    No . But the whole point here -- at least why a poster linked to the reporting about LA so we can gossip about it-- is that he's signaling he wants to go to back to his home town . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what i read into his comments is that if DDR is bent on playing in LA, the spurs would have leverage because the most the lakers could offer would come nowhere near what DDR would want. of course, LA doesn't really have much to offer. if DDR says 'i go to NY if you can't work something out'. then i guess he's not all that bent on playing for the lakers after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DDR and their filler contracts, I'd need Kuzma + 22nd selection in this draft + their 2022 pick (it'll likely be pretty ty anyway)
    They don't own their '22 pick, it's going to NO.

Besides, it'd be difficult for the Lakers to do a sign and trade and keep their FAs because they'll be hard capped.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade DDR before the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love to S&T Demar with Lakers for Kuzma, THT and 22nd pick (Duarte). There’s an article that Lakers promised a pick to Duarte. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sil...e-chris-duarte

And send Kuzma and future pick to Hawks to get Collins.

And draft at #12 Sengun/Wagner (don’t think they’d draft Jalen)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . But the whole point here -- at least why a poster linked to the reporting about LA so we can gossip about it-- is that he's signaling he wants to go to back to his home town . . .
    I get that but I'm saying the Spurs don't have leverage either way because if he wants to go to LA that badly, there is a limited amount of assets they could even offer us. So we either take their or risk him going to NY for nothing. Which to me means we really don't have leverage. I mean what can we hold over him and LA to increase the offer? They aren't giving us Davis. So like I said if he wants to go there were forced to take what they have otherwise he can just leave for nothing.

Hence why I'm laughing at ppl acting like we're good to take Kuzma or Harrell in return. What else can they really give us? Most of their immediate future picks are going to Nola

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade DDR before the draft?
    No. Which is why the Spurs couldnt formally get the 22nd pick to make the selection themselves on draft night. They'd have accept whoever the Lakers choose if they want that asset once free agency opens up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet Collins is a positional need why Allen isn't.
    Collins is also a better player IMHO.
    Re: Collins, well, here is a article from Real GM for those who are coveting Collins to the Spurs in FA:

The Atlanta Hawks have extended the qualifying offer to John Collins, which will make him a restricted free agent.
    Collins will be one of the top free agents on the market after he was unable to agree to an extension with the Hawks before the start of the 20-21 season.
    Collins' qualifying offer will be worth approximately $7.7 million.

Well, we've heard all the rumors that the Spurs are interested in Collins. Well, let's see if they will officially throw their hat into the ring & pursue him or not. Always thought that ATX is very interested in keeping him. But, we'll see! GSG!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the reports that DDR and Lowry want to unite in LA do any of you guys who keep up with cap rules know what that would look like? How much salary can either LA take on through S&T's etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    With the reports that DDR and Lowry want to unite in LA do any of you guys who keep up with cap rules know what that would look like? How much salary can either LA take on through S&T's etc.
    I guess DDR and Lowry have no pride, wanting to be Lebron's sidekicks after getting slapped by him in the playoffs for their entire tenure as Raptors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't own their '22 pick, it's going to NO.

Besides, it'd be difficult for the Lakers to do a sign and trade and keep their FAs because they'll be hard capped.
    I'm actually confused about what LAL picks NOLA owns. I see the reporting from the Davis trade that they got LAL's 2021 first rounder unless it falls within Top-8, and if it somehow did then it becomes a 2022 first that's unprotected. So is NOLA actually getting the LAL #22 in this draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a cap person, but it feels like given their respective ages that the path forward would have to be DDR in S&T and Lowry for MLE.

Thread Information