Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The code is centuries of custom, not merely those military guidelines. This all started because Kaepernick spazzed that he was being benched. Then the corporations ran with it as a movement.
    They actually didn't. They didn't hop on until the balance of economic pressure shifted to the "kneeling" side, when Congress took a knee.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They actually didn't. They didn't hop on until the balance of economic pressure shifted to the "kneeling" side, when Congress took a knee.
    Bull . The corporate media made Kaepernick a martyr from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . The corporate media made Kaepernick a martyr from the start.
    Not true. Kap took at knee in 2016. Nike didn't get onboard until he was out of the NFL, in 2018. The popularity of Black Lives Matter has rapidly shifted over time. Whereas public opinion on Black Lives Matter was net negative in 2018, it grew increasingly popular through 2019 and 2020. A June 2020 Pew Research Center poll found that the majority of Americans, across all racial and ethnic groups, have expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprising that corporations have jumped on the bandwagon publicly even if in their board rooms they are still the same old white good old boy club.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Not true. Kap took at knee in 2016. Nike didn't get onboard until he was out of the NFL, in 2018. The popularity of Black Lives Matter has rapidly shifted over time. Whereas public opinion on Black Lives Matter was net negative in 2018, it grew increasingly popular through 2019 and 2020. A June 2020 Pew Research Center poll found that the majority of Americans, across all racial and ethnic groups, have expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Not surprising that corporations have jumped on the bandwagon publicly even if in their board rooms they are still the same old white good old boy club.
    What else grew through 2019 and 2020 - doxxing. I still believe majority of people don't care one way or another. If you force them to choose a side with their job and physical safety on the line, then yes almost all will answer sure. I'll attend a work seminar in order to keep my job. The amount of people standing up to the Brownshirts in Germany also decreased over time...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here... have some whine and cheese.
    Actually the snowflakes are the poor little republicans who cannot stand to see a black person kneeling
    Last edited by Frenchfred; 08-06-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The code is centuries of custom, not merely those military guidelines. This all started because Kaepernick spazzed that he was being benched. Then the corporations ran with it as a movement.
    I agree centuries of custom have said that kneeling is not disrespectful but clearly the opposite.

The psychology of taking a knee
    While we can’t know for sure, kneeling probably derives from a core principle in mammalian nonverbal behavior: make the body smaller and look up to show respect, esteem, and deference. This is seen, for example, in dogs and chimps, who reduce their height to show submissiveness. Kneeling can also be a posture of mourning and sadness. It makes the one who kneels more vulnerable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm sure that the same people will be outraged by Trump's behavior during the Anthem but I'm a 100% sure that they won't
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6503805/d...-anthem-video/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree centuries of custom have said that kneeling is not disrespectful but clearly the opposite.

The psychology of taking a knee
    While we can’t know for sure, kneeling probably derives from a core principle in mammalian nonverbal behavior: make the body smaller and look up to show respect, esteem, and deference. This is seen, for example, in dogs and chimps, who reduce their height to show submissiveness. Kneeling can also be a posture of mourning and sadness. It makes the one who kneels more vulnerable.
    Standing at attention is the custom / protocol. This is only a debate if you're an idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing at attention is the custom / protocol. This is only a debate if you're an idiot.
    so Trump disrespected the flag, we agree? Where is the outrage?

i’m repeating myself but there is a flag code, Republicans disrespect the flag on a daily basis. Where is the outrage?

republicans are just hypocrites

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so Trump disrespected the flag, we agree? Where is the outrage?

i’m repeating myself but there is a flag code, Republicans disrespect the flag on a daily basis. Where is the outrage?

republicans are just hypocrites
    Tantrum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit that before I was always angry at Trump supporters and then I started to understand that on average (not talking about normal republicans) they are not that bright so there is really no point at getting mad at them. It’s like getting mad at an animal because he doesn’t understand, he has limited capacities, it is not his fault. Same with Trump supporters, it is simply not their fault

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What else grew through 2019 and 2020 - doxxing. I still believe majority of people don't care one way or another. If you force them to choose a side with their job and physical safety on the line, then yes almost all will answer sure. I'll attend a work seminar in order to keep my job. The amount of people standing up to the Brownshirts in Germany also decreased over time...
    We know how long the Polish stood up to them

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    We know how long the Polish stood up to them
    Brownshirts were not a military unit. They only operated domestically as enforcers for a political party. Hence my post, kiddo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit that before I was always angry at Trump supporters and then I started to understand that on average (not talking about normal republicans) they are not that bright so there is really no point at getting mad at them. It’s like getting mad at an animal because he doesn’t understand, he has limited capacities, it is not his fault. Same with Trump supporters, it is simply not their fault
    You got some serious Dunning-Kruger going.

You're mad because you're team lost. That's how you've been programmed.

Thread Information