Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but info we've heard is, is that Kawhi is the one holding himself out. That's why I mentioned Derrick Rose the other day.

Do you not remember after Derrick Rose was cleared to play, he could have come back much earlier, but he kept holding himself out. What are you talking about them bringing him back earlier at less than 100%? He sat out longer. Don't you remember the joke email with a picture of his fake inbox with messages from people such as his doctor months after he was cleared to play saying "Derrick, you're cleared, you can play now!" From what I remember, he sat out an excessive amount of time because he wasn't ready mentally (If anyone followed the D Rose situation early on, correct me if I am wrong).

That's why I said the other day that Kawhi sounds like he's seriously showing Derrick Rose levels of timidity in returning from injuries. Mentally, he doesn't seem to be able to handle injuries well, or recovery from said injuries. I don't really know what is going on. It's all hearsay.

This is the big question. We don't really know what the story behind his injury or injuries is.

Also, I have to say, huge props to Tony for returning this early from his injury. I am really hope the time off with his rehab and him being able to work on his body enables him to be able to play at a higher level than he has the past few years. I really hope that he can make an amazing comeback once he shakes the rust off.
    If you ask tholdren Kawhi and PATFO are trolling the League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, if you haven't prepared yourself mentally that this could be a "lost season" for Kawhi and the Spurs, you are doing it wrong..

I do think Kawhi will play this season, but I'm not sure he is going to finish it..
    The main "problem" about this is that the Spurs have a pride and we are actually winning in this washed-out League. Bunch of other teams would be tanking hard for draft position. Kinda like DRob to TD year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, if you haven't prepared yourself mentally that this could be a "lost season" for Kawhi and the Spurs, you are doing it wrong..

I do think Kawhi will play this season, but I'm not sure he is going to finish it..
    Hot take? I am curious. I am prepared to not see him till next January. I am hoping we start hearing in December about him working with the coaching staff and doing 2 on 2 and such. If we don’t hear about that in December then I am ready to assume lost season, either bc he needs some surgery, some procedure, or the thing is chronic. I think this upcoming month we need to start hearing something positive or it’s really going to be bad news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would his season be over if he can't return by January? What if he returns mid-Jan, Feb, or even March. Who says his season has to be lost if he doesn't start working out and getting back on the court within the next month.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would his season be over if he can't return by January? What if he returns mid-Jan, Feb, or even March. Who says his season has to be lost if he doesn't start working out and getting back on the court within the next month.
    Player fans view a season as lost if he doesn’t win MVP/DPOY/All NBA accolades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I am not playerfanning (I don’t talk for others though). It’s just that there were some aggressive treatments like platelets ruch plasma and others (I am not pretending to know anything about medicine, it’s all stuff that’s been in the media and interview with doctors and posted here somewhere, dig up).

Some of those treatments had a prescribed rest period to work b4 the player was even ok to do court work. So I am assuming (perhaps wrongly as I am no doctor nor pretend to be one) that the rest period is about to end and he should either clear a stage where he should start getting ready to come back by engaging in basketball activities with coaches and teammates or he doesn’t clear that stage and there’s some setback. So if I don’t hear good things in December I’ll assume there’s some setback worse than just letting some treatments work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should fly to Germany and inject some aborted fetuses into his quad tendon tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But some will say he's better than ever, just didn't have enough help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I am not playerfanning (I don’t talk for others though). It’s just that there were some aggressive treatments like platelets ruch plasma and others (I am not pretending to know anything about medicine, it’s all stuff that’s been in the media and interview with doctors and posted here somewhere, dig up).

Some of those treatments had a prescribed rest period to work b4 the player was even ok to do court work. So I am assuming (perhaps wrongly as I am no doctor nor pretend to be one) that the rest period is about to end and he should either clear a stage where he should start getting ready to come back by engaging in basketball activities with coaches and teammates or he doesn’t clear that stage and there’s some setback. So if I don’t hear good things in December I’ll assume there’s some setback worse than just letting some treatments work.
    funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always for Kyle... hes' got too much undeserved hate... but not on Kawhi's behalf in the way implied in the post above. I don't particularly care about individual awards for players etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don’t see how this mysterious injury doesn’t keep carrying over into future seasons. Especially if he misses this whole year. 2018-2019 he’ll still have it in the back of his mind.

So I’d be in favor of him playing at some point in early 2018.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate “a couple weeks away” sounds like 2 months tbh
    hater was right, HOTS confirmed Kawhi has been training w/ “old old guys” in needs to keep up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker the real MVP... coming back early AND giving us kawhi news

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate “a couple weeks away” sounds like 2 months tbh
    hater was right, HOTS confirmed Kawhi has been training w/ “old old guys” in needs to keep up
    What?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony said Kawhi “was looking good the last 2 or 3 practices he had with me...” then explained that said workouts were w/ the old old guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony said Kawhi “was looking good the last 2 or 3 practices he had with me...” then explained that said workouts were w/ the old old guys.
    OK, and what is wrong with that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, and what is wrong with that?
    I never said that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so injured Kawhi is able to abuse healthy TP in training ... Spurs are ed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he's doing stuff on the court is better than what I was imagining. I thought he was basically just rehabbing and not doing any basketball activities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he's doing stuff on the court is better than what I was imagining. I thought he was basically just rehabbing and not doing any basketball activities.
    This. Kawhi clearly feels good enough to at least do light practice stuff and the team is letting him.

Thread Information