Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the real issue:

1. Game score situation was close. That seems to make people think calls are more important. Rarely is a 1st quarter call reviewed by fans.
    2. Lowry has a history of kicking his leg out to gain separation and to attempt to draw a foul. He was caught that time. He did not need to throw his leg out into the defender to make that shot.
    3. The shooter has the right to rise up and come down unimpeded, but he doesn't have the right to impede the landing of the defender, especially if that motion can cause an injury.
    4. It doesn't matter who the defender was, rookie or not. Lowry kicked his legs out from under him.
    5. The defender jumped toward the shooter but did not make contact. anywhere but the leg which was caused by Lowry, not by the defender.
    I didn't read that stupid . That was not a foul and he didn't even touch anyone. Get the out of here with your analyzed post of dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't read that stupid . That was not a foul and he didn't even touch anyone. Get the out of here with your analyzed post of dog .
    Like I give a what you read, low rent got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the real issue:

1. Game score situation was close. That seems to make people think calls are more important. Rarely is a 1st quarter call reviewed by fans.
    2. Lowry has a history of kicking his leg out to gain separation and to attempt to draw a foul. He was caught that time. He did not need to throw his leg out into the defender to make that shot. If that's his "natural motion" he needs to fix it.
    3. The shooter has the right to rise up and come down unimpeded, but he doesn't have the right to impede the landing of the defender, especially if that motion can cause an injury.
    4. It doesn't matter who the defender was, rookie or not. Lowry kicked his legs out from under him.
    5. The defender jumped toward the shooter but did not make contact. anywhere but the leg which was caused by Lowry, not by the defender.

Here you can see that the defender jumped across the shooter's path, not on top of the shooter, but the shooter stuck a leg out and tripped the defender in an attempt to draw a foul.
    Great post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the scientific formula for a foul includes...." shut the up

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don't like the call here, but officials have been told to call this a foul now. Lowry kicked up his right leg for contact. It's pretty apparent. It wasn't egregious like other examples we've seen before. But he did it. I think common sense would tell most officials to not blow the whistle there. But I wouldn't say it was the wrong call or a bad call. Like I said, I don't like the call in this instance, but I wouldn't say it was a horrible call. Letter of the rule, the call was fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Need to see a better angle, looks like the defender's hip collide slightly with Lowry's and this caused a slight turn and hence the legs jutts out.....should have been a no call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people defending that atrocity of a call

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at people defending that atrocity of a call
    Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stale Dale

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've always enjoyed repe ion. Sue me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always enjoyed repe ion. Sue me.
    Would that I could, sir.

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He got a ing tech for trying to not argue a bull call? The nba needs to fine all 3 reffs for that. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people about flopping, about intentional contact to draw fouls by people like Harden and Durant, then when the intentional contact and flopping aren't rewarded.

Make up your ing minds.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You people about flopping, about intentional contact to draw fouls by people like Harden and Durant, then when the intentional contact and flopping aren't rewarded.

Make up your ing minds.
    Since when have you started feeling sympathy for those Zebras DMC?!?!

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Make up your ing minds.
    agree, spurs fans should be last to complain about intentional contact and flopping because that argentinian baldhead is like the genesis of all those s imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when have you started feeling sympathy for those Zebras DMC?!?!
    It's not about the refs. If we want refs to swallow their whistles, then don't when that affects your team. I just want consistent calls, not situational calls. I don't think a ref should be less inclined to call a foul based on the moment or score. I think a foul during a mid season tipoff should be the same foul in game 7 of the NBA finals with 10 seconds to go and a tied game, in the bonus. Knowing the refs tendency should not be part of a win. Playing the refs for calls shouldn't need to happen. You should get a foul call if you're getting fouled. If you can attack the rim and get to the line because you're getting hacked because the other team cannot defend the rim, that's a legit tactic. Flopping isn't.

I'd like to see the refs taken out of the game as much as possible. I don't even want to know their names.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's not about the refs. If we want refs to swallow their whistles, then don't when that affects your team. I just want consistent calls, not situational calls. I don't think a ref should be less inclined to call a foul based on the moment or score. I think a foul during a mid season tipoff should be the same foul in game 7 of the NBA finals with 10 seconds to go and a tied game, in the bonus. Knowing the refs tendency should not be part of a win. Playing the refs for calls shouldn't need to happen. You should get a foul call if you're getting fouled. If you can attack the rim and get to the line because you're getting hacked because the other team cannot defend the rim, that's a legit tactic. Flopping isn't.

I'd like to see the refs taken out of the game as much as possible. I don't even want to know their names.
    I agree with what you said, thats how it should be.

I think I had a bigger problem with the fact that running away from a reff to avoid confrontation can get you a T. I think Kyle is a class A d-bag btw, but that is some scary power the Zebras have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with what you said, thats how it should be.

I think I had a bigger problem with the fact that running away from a reff to avoid confrontation can get you a T. I think Kyle is a class A d-bag btw, but that is some scary power the Zebras have.
    I get that, but they did the same to Lebron James. They know the rules, they get paid millions to play the game. Why show your ass when you don't agree with the call? Ever see one reversed? I haven't. So instead they get extra penalties for lashing out about it. Coaches do it to, but some of that is intentional to get the team fired up. When you've going to lose the game, just let it go.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "the scientific formula for a foul includes...." shut the up

Thread Information