Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I read around here are things like
    "it's over", "we're done" , " eliancito will rape us anyway", " David west is overrated" and a thousand others.
    Can you all be positive and supporting instead? I sure hope you all don't coach soccer or basketball, if you get a goal scored on I can just picture you throwing the clipboard and screaming 'it's over" to your team. I just hope that when we win you all have the decency not to jump in in the celebration. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "it's over", "we're done" , " eliancito will rape us anyway", " David west is overrated" and a thousand others.
    Can you all be positive and supporting instead? I sure hope you all don't coach soccer or basketball, if you get a goal scored on I can just picture you throwing the clipboard and screaming 'it's over" to your team. I just hope that when we win you all have the decency not to jump in in the celebration. Go Spurs Go!
    It's Spurstalk, you have the genuine fans who get too down over a loss, the arm chair quarterbacks who know more about the team, the team's healh and strategy than Pop apparently and the cliff-jumpers, as well as quite a few trolls trying to garner reactions. You also have the "pure democracy" effect where everyone over-reacts to the latest event. We all should take a page from the Spurs themselves, never get too high, never get too low.

We win Game 5, and we'll win the series.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff wrist cutting is an annual event here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, folks predict the Spurs in 5 or 6 and then are jumping off cliffs when they lose a game. They can't all be sweeps. Oklahoma City is a tough team, period.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a huge difference between game 2, which is a game we were supposed to lose (given the historically crappy play in the 1st quarter) and almost won, and game 4, which is a game we should have won (give the large lead for most of the game, and entering 4Q with the lead), but lost due to poor execution, our stars going cold and 12 minutes of David "no offense no defense" West.

OKC now has the momentum and the pressure is all on the Spurs next game. The Spurs seem to have no counter for the Adams-Kanter duo (or at least no counter that Pop seems interested in exploring). This series seems to revolve around whether Westbrook will try to heroball or not. If he keeps being happy with playing second fiddle to Durant, I see little reason to feel good about where this series is headed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol if ppl are jumping cliffs in this series. Just wait until we face the worriers in the WCF

Going to El Alamo down 2-0 after 2 blowout games will be epic here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, folks predict the Spurs in 5 or 6 and then are jumping off cliffs when they lose a game. They can't all be sweeps. Oklahoma City is a tough team, period.
    This is what I dont get, most people had us losing at least 1-2 games if not 3. So why does everyone act so shocked when we lose a game? You all thought we would, and really nothing so far has been that shocking, like the games have not felt lopsided, nor has this series. I still see a series when the home team has the advantage and should win.

I mean relax please.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a huge difference between game 2, which is a game we were supposed to lose (given the historically crappy play in the 1st quarter) and almost won, and game 4, which is a game we should have won (give the large lead for most of the game, and entering 4Q with the lead), but lost due to poor execution, our stars going cold and 12 minutes of David "no offense no defense" West.

OKC now has the momentum and the pressure is all on the Spurs next game. The Spurs seem to have no counter for the Adams-Kanter duo (or at least no counter that Pop seems interested in exploring). This series seems to revolve around whether Westbrook will try to heroball or not. If he keeps being happy with playing second fiddle to Durant, I see little reason to feel good about where this series is headed.
    In what world did anyone have us winning both games in OKC?

I dont recall anyone predicting winning both games 3 & 4 in OKC, we were not "supposed" to win game 4 in OKC, we didnt, and its called basketball, typically teams will go through rough stretches on the road like the Spurs did in the 4th quarter, not a surprise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can ignore 'em. Kinda like life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are nowhere near where they need to be to win a Championship. After their performance in two of the last three games, I'd rank them 4th behind Warriors, Cavs and Blazers. Right now they are tied with OKC which is a joke. The Spurs need to crush OKC tonight and reassert themselves - just to convince themselves they are capable of playing a solid 48 minutes. They haven't looked good. Neither their desire to win or execution.

Danny Green, Patty Mills and Boris Diaw need to come up big. The Spurs are going to need at least 7 or 8 players making big contributions (offensive or defensive) to compete the rest of the playoffs.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Spurstalk's real and legit and won't give you some extra sugar Kool-Aid like delusionals at Pounding the .

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Spurstalk, you have the genuine fans who get too down over a loss, the arm chair quarterbacks who know more about the team, the team's healh and strategy than Pop apparently and the cliff-jumpers, as well as quite a few trolls trying to garner reactions. You also have the "pure democracy" effect where everyone over-reacts to the latest event. We all should take a page from the Spurs themselves, never get too high, never get too low.

We win Game 5, and we'll win the series.

You forgot there's some positive posters like you.

I appreciate positivity, since I'm not positive and tend to think Timmy's knees are dust, Danny's 3 died, mustache brothers won't ever be boxed out again, refs will call every foul on the Spurs, Kawhi will get clotheslined with no call, and Spurs will lose due to an issue some of us foresaw at the beginning of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And then Curry comes back, and you think he'll be all rusty.

Then he scores 17 in OT and puts the series 3-1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much this. I'd say the majority people figured this would be a 6 or 7 game series. This is quite possibly the 2nd best team the Spurs will face during this playoff run...and perhaps on par with the Warriors with Curry ailing.

This is what a 6 or 7 game series looks like. I'm no "mathmagician" or anything, but pretty sure you have to LOSE two or three games to be in that scenario.

Spurs fans should be fortunate that we really only got soundly beat once so far. They probably had no business losing Game 2, and lost Game 4 because Spurs went cold in the 4th while Durant went nuclear. We are still right in this series, but....as is the case with any long series...Game 5 is going to be pivotal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glass half full makes it easier to swallow losses and get excited about wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone going to the game?

Please try to influence any you can to be back in seats and hollering at the start of the game and the start of the 3rd qtr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO - You shoulda seen it around here during the 7 game Dallas series in 2014. was epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC has all the momentum. If they finally discover how much talent they have an use it to their full potential (last few minutes of Game 4), it's over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it has to do with people's coping mechanism. For me I have always been an even keel type of person. I never get too high or too low regardless of the cir stances but that's not the case with the majority of people. For example I felt even after game 1 this series would go at least 6 games due to the match up difficulties of Durant,Ibaka, and Westbrook. Some people get too high after a spurs win and scream "Spurs will Sweep." and some will even get down after a win by saying stupid stuff like "Spurs should have won by 30 instead of 10 we are clearly not a great team this is pathetic." The other re ed coping mechanism I see is "Spurs are garbage they are going to get swept and blah blah team is godly." I hate this coping mechanism the most because I feel these idiots believe that by using this mechanism that it will help them deal with a loss better when in reality losing always hurts even if you try to prepare for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is a good take.

I'm hoping that the Spurs will force Durrant to miss a few shots in the beginning and cause Westbrook to play hero ball.

I don't think we have an answer for Adams-Kanter. We need 2015 Duncan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO - You shoulda seen it around here during the 7 game Dallas series in 2014. was epic.
    The funny thing I remember after the Spurs won game 7 there was still at least half of the forum that believed the Blazers would beat them in the second round. They were people declaring Lillard and Aldridge as the next Parker and Duncan in this forum. Which is even more laughable now because it goes to show you how Spur fans overrate opponents now that LMA is on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoff wrist cutting is an annual event here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest,even if we had won Game 2,gone up to OKC and won Game 3 and had Game 4 play out as it did,you'd still have the pessimists here saying we were about to get back door swept .

This board is full of clowns like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing I remember after the Spurs won game 7 there was still at least half of the forum that believed the Blazers would beat them in the second round. They were people declaring Lillard and Aldridge as the next Parker and Duncan in this forum. Which is even more laughable now because it goes to show you how Spur fans overrate opponents now that LMA is on the Spurs.
    I remember that, the Guests were supposed to sweep us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good take.

I'm hoping that the Spurs will force Durrant to miss a few shots in the beginning and cause Westbrook to play hero ball.

I don't think we have an answer for Adams-Kanter. We need 2015 Duncan.
    Keeping Timmy on the bench in game 4 is what worries me the most.

Timmy is the only hope this team has to match up with the mustache brothers, since LMa is too finesse and West/Diaw are too short, and Boban is too stiff.

Without Timmy, they might be forced to try small ball and hope the offense flows and the Spurs go 2014 on the Thunder.

Thread Information