Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lefties are also shooting into the dominant hand of their defender. That tends to advantage right-handed shooters as compared to lefties.
    You would think that would force them to have a higher release point to survive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mysterious injury?......no thank you.....dealt with that with kawhine....the wounds are still too fresh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Comparison - Ceiling: Stephen Jackson's brain in Manu Ginobili's body

Spurs Comparison - Floor: More Erratic Vernon Maxwell
    Ok so this guy is my Spurs spirit prospect. SJax and Manu my favorite Spurs players and Mad Max the reason I followed the team in '97. And my favorite BCS college Southern Cal to boot.

Unfortunate Spurs are overloaded with 6'5 swingmen.

If he's there at 29 then swing away Merrill.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite prospect after Bol Bol. Would package Aldridge or both of our firsts to move up and get him. Doubt he falls to 19.

He's not a player that will grab coffee or prepare the towels, so I doubt dictator Pop even has him on the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plain Jane comp

Murray (Parker)
    White (Green)
    Porter Jr (Ginobili)
    Walker (Kawhi)
    Aldridge (Duncan)

Gay, Poetl, Forbes. Trade Derozan for assets/solid pieces and you’re set.

That kind of structure dismantled the Heat.
    Not the worst scenario. I do feel, however, that if we're going that route we should trade Mills away also so he won't take minutes from these guys (maybe even Forbes too) then trade LA also for a good combo forward prospect. Around the time these guys are ready to compete for a championship (2-3 years) LA will be well passed his exportation date. This group with an athletic combo forward and Poetl (with continued development) could be scary. But this same group with an over the hill LA wouldn't have the same effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite prospect after Bol Bol. Would package Aldridge or both of our firsts to move up and get him. Doubt he falls to 19.

He's not a player that will grab coffee or prepare the towels, so I doubt dictator Pop even has him on the board.
    "he's not over himself. Draft the slow, unathletic white guy who listens"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been watching highlight reels of this guy. He’s the one. This dude has handles, big guard, gots moves, can drive to the hoop, and is athletic. He is also explosive and has hops. He’s young and stupid but im sure he’l grow out of that with a mentor like Pop.id trade both picks to move up & grab him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been watching highlight reels of this guy. He’s the one. This dude has handles, big guard, gots moves, can drive to the hoop, and is athletic. He is also explosive and has hops. He’s young and stupid but im sure he’l grow out of that with a mentor like Pop.id trade both picks to move up & grab him
    Did Stephen Jackson ever outgrow young and stupid?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now just imagine Manu's brain in Jax's body. MVP candidate right there. Manu only ever played more than 2300 minutes once, Jax did it 7 times. This combination would have the durability and the talent to put up the raw numbers it takes to bring home the hardware.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young part, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now just imagine Manu's brain in Jax's body. MVP candidate right there. Manu only ever played more than 2300 minutes once, Jax did it 7 times. This combination would have the durability and the talent to put up the raw numbers it takes to bring home the hardware.
    give me Manu's brain with Manu's body and we got a player who can bring home the hardware

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. He can play the 3, so I don't see a problem with his fit next to Murray, White and Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give me Manu's brain with Manu's body and we got a player who can bring home the hardware
    Manu's body was constantly injured and breaking down. Jackson, OTOH, was a horse. A stupid horse, but a horse. You give Manu's brain a body like that, one that can play 35 minutes for 82 games, he's perennially All NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him in a few mock drafts going to San Antonio. How often have the mock drafts gotten it right in terms of who the Spurs draft?
    Almost never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he a better prospect than walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The young part, yes.

Seriously, that guy is a jackass. I used to like the fact that he was "hood" in my teens, but at a certain point one grows up and realizes those type of people are just idiots.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he a better prospect than walker?
    If he acclimates to the culture, yes based on flexibility of being able to matchup with 4’s. Lonnie’s body miiiight be able to get there, just would take a lot of work.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "he's not over himself. Draft the slow, unathletic white guy who listens"
    Oh god, then the vanilla soy boys would make that scrub sound like the next great hope. Just like they told us Milutinov, Bertans, Hanga, Fathead would amount to

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Porter had a clean background he’d be a Top 7 pick imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    make sense only if we trade Walker, no need for same type of project...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Porter had a clean background he’d be a Top 7 pick imo
    Yup. I'm not sure the Spurs would run through his kind of red flags, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously, that guy is a jackass. I used to like the fact that he was "hood" in my teens, but at a certain point one grows up and realizes those type of people are just idiots.
    I'm not sure about this. Let's just say Pop doesn't take Jax's at ude as arrogance or insubordination, and he keeps his spot heading into the 2013 playoffs. I seriously believe he contributes at one point to take out Miami. Even then he is brought back the next year and probably 2015 as well. He would've been a solid rotational player for two more deep playoff runs.

As it stands we only have two playoffs to judge him in San Antonio - 2003 and 2012. The former his play-making in the Dallas and New Jersey series were undeniable.
    In 2012 game 6 vs OKC, he lit it up with his three's, but mysteriously was phased out down the stretch, and the Spurs were knocked out.

Again he's my co-favorite Spur alongside Manu, but I think objectively he had he right makeup for his second run here. Unfortunate that he and Manu are at odds, evidently due to rivalry in both his stays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s gonna end up being a load offensively. James hardenesque. We’re just so guard heavy already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter was interviewed on ESPN's NBA Combine coverage this afternoon. He came across well. (Definitely well-spoken compared to many of the other lottery interviewees.)

The white individual who was not Jay Bilas commented that Porter was "the most gifted live-dribble scorer in this draft."

Here are the combine numbers that they put on screen:

Max Vertical 34" 3rd for SGs

Standing Vertical 27" 3rd for SGs

Lane Agility 10.82 sec 2nd for SGs

3/4 Court Sprint 3.21 sec 2nd for SGs

Shuttle Run 3.03 sec 1st for SGs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s gonna end up being a load offensively. James hardenesque. We’re just so guard heavy already.
    Id rather trade up for a James Harden than stay pat for a Kyle Anderson

Thread Information