Post Count
    Giving up 134 in the battle for the 8th seed

Spurms

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh st drinking kool aide
    Wow . Getting excited about a loss. Player fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up 134 in the battle for the 8th seed

Spurms
    this troll is still here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when white, murray and lonnie all the bed ... well you probably lose the game ... at least we had momentum for two games

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when white, murray and lonnie all the bed ... well you probably lose the game ... at least we had momentum for two games
    When Bryn Forbes shoots well. Its still doesn't matter. You gotta get stops on the other end.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The better Bryn plays offensively, the worse the defense is. It doesn't help that the Spurs best defenders didn't play well as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    134 is too much to give away and expect to win. Spurs should commit to stopping and not trying to outscore the opponent. 56 points in the paint over 36 for the Spurs, 52% pg for Griz, no rim protection and not stopping penetration. I think Spurs have demonstrated that they can score in different ways, down low, perimeter, even open 3’s with ball movement. But cannot stop the opponent from scoring, while Spurs should potentially a defensive juggernaut with long athletic guards and aggressive Poeltl who likes to block shots. But Pop insist on putting small players who supposedly can shoot and outscore but gives away penetration and layups. Pop has to make that defensive commitment and iden y for this team to be consistently good, imo.
    Last edited by John B; 01-11-2020 at 06:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game was a perfect example of the Spurs need to improve the supporting cast around Aldridge and DeRozan. LA had an efficient 21 points and DeRozan scored 36 points while almost getting a triple double. The young guys being up and down is normal, but you can't start 2 3rd stringers if you really want to make noise. Forbes and Lyles are not starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I thought we could beat the Lakers in a playoff series since we had a 2 game winning streak?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was not only about rotation but I hope we'll se someday dejounte and white for the defense.
    You can.'t play Forbes more than 15 minutes maybe 20 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game was a perfect example of the Spurs need to improve the supporting cast around Aldridge and DeRozan. LA had an efficient 21 points and DeRozan scored 36 points while almost getting a triple double. The young guys being up and down is normal, but you can't start 2 3rd stringers if you really want to make noise. Forbes and Lyles are not starters.
    Spurs scored 121 points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs scored 121 points.
    nowhere did I say that offense was the issue. I don't know why people always interpret into my statements that I never said. The issues were defense and rebounding. Forbes being small and unathletic contributed to that a lot. Lyles grabbed 3 rebounds, but he's starting cause he's supposed to be a good rebounder. He also shot 1/5. His defense is average.

If you can make a trade to at least improve one of the 2 starting positions then we're going somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the type that only sees offense, huh?
    No, Lonnie didnt show anything on defense either

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs shoot 48%, 42% from 3s (make 17 3s), 87% FTs(20 pts), and lose!

The game saw seventy ing eight 3Gs shot!

NBA sucks at basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was not only about rotation but I hope we'll se someday dejounte and white for the defense.
    You can.'t play Forbes more than 15 minutes maybe 20 imo.
    Any team starting or playing Forbes significant minutes will be life and death to make the playoffs. I'm not sure why the Spurs continue down this path with him. He's an undrafted player for a good reason.

I've never seen so much commitment to such a below average player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team can’t survive subpar games from White, Murray AND Walker. As simple as that.
    And White and Murray had too many subpar games this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs shoot 48%, 42% from 3s (make 17 3s), 87% FTs(20 pts), and lose!

The game saw seventy ing eight 3Gs shot!

NBA sucks at basketball.
    It’s 2020, things change, gramps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nowhere did I say that offense was the issue. I don't know why people always interpret into my statements that I never said. The issues were defense and rebounding. Forbes being small and unathletic contributed to that a lot. Lyles grabbed 3 rebounds, but he's starting cause he's supposed to be a good rebounder. He also shot 1/5. His defense is average.

If you can make a trade to at least improve one of the 2 starting positions then we're going somewhere.
    I disagree that our offense was the problem. When their guards don't have to play defense bc our supposed young stars (all 3 of them) combine for 12 points then it actually is a problem. Basketball becomes a lot easier and a lot less tiring when you only have to focus on one side of the ball and the Grizzlies didn't have to worry one damn bit about guarding Murray, Lonnie, and White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s 2020, things change, gramps.
    Not always for the better, little kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull. Compared to Bryn. He showed a lot more. From positioning to keeping up with his man. BRYN was terrible on D. 2 steps behind wrong angles every time.15min on the court btw where Lonnie hardly got to show anything, offensively. This game Pop didn't care about defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree that our offense was the problem. When their guards don't have to play defense bc our supposed young stars (all 3 of them) combine for 12 points then it actually is a problem. Basketball becomes a lot easier and a lot less tiring when you only have to focus on one side of the ball and the Grizzlies didn't have to worry one damn bit about guarding Murray, Lonnie, and White.
    true, but the bottom line is Spurs scored more than enough points to win. They just gave up too many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull. Compared to Bryn. He showed a lot more. From positioning to keeping up with his man. BRYN was terrible on D. 2 steps behind wrong angles every time.15min on the court btw where Lonnie hardly got to show anything, offensively. This game Pop didn't care about defense.
    Agreed. Sometimes I think people don't really watch the games... Good offense trumps good defense - plays where you're scored on doesn't necessarily mean you played bad D on them. Lonnie was good on closeouts, stayed close to his man and was contesting shots - the Grizzlies were just making everything. Then you see Forbes, out of position, overcommitting only to have a pass swung to his open man for the open three as he desperately runs back with his little hand on the air, like a child who's being left behind by their mom (by far the most annoying thing Forbes does), and he also gets scored on - does that mean that they both played equally bad defense?

Not to mention Forbes being apparently unable to even learn from his mistakes, and overcommitting on CONSECUTIVE defensive possessions leaving his man wide open. Defenses know he's the weak link and actively attack him or seek plays where his man is left open. Stick to your man, Bryn! Leave the ing lane defense to Jakob or someone else, or even open entirely. And then we gotta hear posters compare his defense to Lonnie's.... Smh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true, but the bottom line is Spurs scored more than enough points to win. They just gave up too many.
    Which is a team problem the whole year. LMA is a worse defender than forbes. The spurs, as a whole, are a terrible defensive team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is a team problem the whole year. LMA is a worse defender than forbes. The spurs, as a whole, are a terrible defensive team.
    yea and Bryn Forbes was great. We get it, you're dumb

Thread Information