Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John McCain addresses conspiracy theories about him and the salacious Trump-Russia dossier: 'Anyone who doesn't like it can go to '

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's a patriot.

Dennison is not.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a patriot.

Dennison is not.
    That's apparently what he was when he turned his back on millions of Americans during the housing and banking crisises.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of friends, at the crocodile tears of these two.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care. MSNBC doesn't seem to either.
    Yea, why do you think that is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's apparently what he was when he turned his back on millions of Americans during the housing and banking crisises.
    Are we talking about the Keating Five or 2008?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, why do you think that is?
    Why do you think? Because they're 10+ year old blog posts that nobody cares about, and they seem to me to be of a tongue-in-cheek nature -- probably part of shtick to provoke and get attention. Sounds familiar actually...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking about the Keating Five or 2008?
    People losing their life savings; that wasn't a big deal either, right ChumpDumper?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think? Because they're 10+ year old blog posts that nobody cares about, and they seem to me to be of a tongue-in-cheek nature -- probably part of shtick to provoke and get attention. Sounds familiar actually...
    Well, she faced no consequences (other than apologizing for sh** she presumably didn't want to apologize for) and Roseanne was canceled damn near instantly (despite apologizing, too).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People losing their life savings; that wasn't a big deal either, right ChumpDumper?
    Spare me your crocodile tears for events that you clearly don't even understand.

And by the way, do you know how many people lost their job thanks to Trump's various bankruptcies or how many people got stiffed by him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, she faced no consequences (other than apologizing for sh** she presumably didn't want to apologize for) and Roseanne was canceled damn near instantly (despite apologizing, too).
    These things are not analogous.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These things are not analogous.
    I'm sure you really want to believe that. You've told yourself some nonsense to believe that, or rather the system has fed you all the nonsense you need to believe that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spare me your crocodile tears for events that you clearly don't even understand.

And by the way, do you know how many people lost their job thanks to Trump's various bankruptcies or how many people got stiffed by him?

Dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you really want to believe that. You've told yourself some nonsense to believe that, or rather the system has fed you all the nonsense you need to believe that.
    I do believe that.

Rosanne is attacking people with racist comments in the present. She had to go.

Joy has been on TV for years now and has done no such thing in her time at MSNBC. Her blog posts from 10+ years ago are viewed in this light.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe that.

Rosanne is attacking people with racist comments in the present. She had to go.

Joy has been on TV for years now and has done no such thing in her time at MSNBC. Her blog posts from 10+ years ago are viewed in this light, and their shock jock quality are understood to largely be made in jest.
    You proved my point.

1. Comparing someone to an animal is not automatically racist. And in fact, Roseanne was never speaking in any racial context for you to ascribe that.
    2. I don't see how being "racist" would necessarily be worse than being "anti-gay".

BTW, I'm not coming down hard on Joy Reid (on the issue), regardless of the fact that I think she's a phony. I'm just noting the obvious hypocrisy in the system/media. Nothing surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Comparing someone to an animal is not automatically racist. And in fact, Roseanne was never speaking in any racial context for you to ascribe that.
    What she did was absolutely racist. There is a long history of racists using this ape/monkey trope to characterize black people. If that's news to you, then we're just talking past each other.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ry_a_23333383/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's absolutely racist. There is a long history of racists using this ape/monkey trope to characterize black people. If that's news to you, then we're just talking past each other.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ry_a_23333383/
    It's racist why? Because the system said that using a word automatically makes one racist? Maybe some people don't give two s about your word policing. You ever consider that?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. I don't see how being "racist" would necessarily be worse than being "anti-gay".

DMX7

You conveniently glossed over that. Tell us how a "racist" doesn't get a pass and someone being "anti-gay" does. How's that work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's racist why? Because the system said that using a word automatically makes one racist? Maybe some people don't give two s about your word policing. You ever consider that?
    Asked and answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DMX7

You conveniently glossed over that. Tell us how a "racist" doesn't get a pass and someone being "anti-gay" does. How's that work?
    Asked and answered. Joy is not anti-gay. She invites gay people on her show all the time and clearly supports gay rights. Her blog posts from 10+ years ago, which clearly don't reflect her current thinking or awareness, are made much less significant (and mostly just embarrassing to her) because of this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asked and answered.
    Yea, and the answer is that people in power told you that if you use a word in a way that it is racist regardless of context. Like I said, you've taken your nonsense cue and applied it to other people like a good little nazi boy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asked and answered. Joy is not anti-gay. She invites gay people on her show all the time and clearly supports gay rights. Her blog posts from 10+ years ago, which clearly don't reflect her current thinking or awareness, are made much less significant (and mostly just embarrassing to her) because of this.
    So, it's okay to be anti-gay as long as you hang out with them? Roseanne had black people on her show, I guess that that double standard somehow wasn't in effect for her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, it's okay to be anti-gay as long as you hang out with them? Roseanne had black people on her show, I guess that that double standard somehow wasn't in effect for her.
    No, I just said she is NOT anti-gay. She currently invites people on a political show who are gay and she SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS. What anti-gay people support gay rights??? You make no sense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, that was a campaign mistake.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I just said she is NOT anti-gay. She currently invites people on a political show who are gay and she SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS. What anti-gay people support gay rights??? You make no sense.
    So because you say Joy's not anti-gay she somehow didn't make anti-gay posts? Roseanne is not anti-racist and SUPPORTS EQUAL RIGHTS. What racist supports equal rights?

Thread Information