Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to show something in Summer League, training camp, and pre-season. If he plays well, he may have a role as the backup center behind Poeltl- granted that's not a big role with LMA, Poeltl and Gay playing the large bulk of the PF/C minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His skill set was intriguing, but upto now hasn't translated to the NBA. He might need 2 more years or he might never get there. But Bryn Forbes looked like trash his first 2 years here as well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right now Eubanks has the back up role to Poodle unless we draft a big at 19 or bring Nikola over. Best case is to try to get time at PF but he is going to have to make a major jump in his development to get any playing time. To be honest Eubanks has way out played him in G League and has been working hard on his 3 ball will see if that translates in game time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if this guy will be expected to start playing significant munutes? Sad to not hear his name mentioned at all but I guess he is a 2nd round pick and expectations should be very low but since they signed him I'm hoping they found something special. If he did pan out he would fill a back up Rudy role nicely. Specially if he can defend and stretch the floor a little.
    LMAO, dude is a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has demonstrated some hops and quickness to block shots in summer league, G-league etc.. but those lil' baby shoulders ain't doing him any favors IMO. He looks more like a SF w/o any SF skills.. I haven't really seen anything from him to warrant his spot on the roster last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right now Eubanks has the back up role to Poodle unless we draft a big at 19 or bring Nikola over. Best case is to try to get time at PF but he is going to have to make a major jump in his development to get any playing time. To be honest Eubanks has way out played him in G League and has been working hard on his 3 ball will see if that translates in game time.
    Has Eubanks been confirmed to be back on a two way? He may get a shot to make the active roster but Metu is already on the team. Eubanks was productive in the G-League so he may have a shot. but not sure why Eubanks would be ahead of Metu in the peaking order, Spurs really seemed to like Metu coming into last year. Seems like he'd get a crack at the backup center minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be determined by who worked out the hardest and who has grown the most since last season. But Eubanks got more playing time then Metu and didn’t look lost when playing pretty crazy for a undrafted big man. Will see how they both do in Vegas but Metu can not assume he will play over Eubanks or he might be looking for another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised you are calling one of our “masterful” draft picks a scrub. I agree with your observations. Right now he looks like a boy playing around grown men.
    Second rounders are WAY more of a crap shoot than first rounders. You'll find a few that are good, and a very few that are great, but most flush right out of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has demonstrated some hops and quickness to block shots in summer league, G-league etc.. but those lil' baby shoulders ain't doing him any favors IMO. He looks more like a SF w/o any SF skills.. I haven't really seen anything from him to warrant his spot on the roster last season.
    Exactly my thoughts. His body seems perfect for a SF. But definitely does not have the skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu proved to be a 49th pick.

99% of the times they cannot find room in the NBA. Nothing unexpected. Let him go play overseas and make a decent living.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu proved to be a 49th pick.

99% of the times they cannot find room in the NBA. Nothing unexpected. Let him go play overseas and make a decent living.
    The new champs Raps didn’t have a lottery pick. Kawhi was the highest at 15th. Gasol, Green, Powell high 2nd round, VanFleet undrafted, Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka high 20’s. Our PATFO needs to start sharpening them pencils. Other teams are catching up with drafting and/or developing players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new champs Raps didn’t have a lottery pick. Kawhi was the highest at 15th. Gasol, Green, Powell high 2nd round, VanFleet undrafted, Lowry, Siakam, Ibaka high 20’s. Our PATFO needs to start sharpening them pencils. Other teams are catching up with drafting and/or developing players.
    Im not sure why you mentioned Kawhi, Gasol, Green, or Ibaka in your post regarding the Raptors. They didnt draft or develop those players. Your logic is so bad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw enough from Metu that I fully expect him to part of the future. The Spurs spent a lot of time scouting this guy and have a plan for his development so please leave your armchair analysis to the professionals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not sure why you mentioned Kawhi, Gasol, Green, or Ibaka in your post regarding the Raptors. They didnt draft or develop those players. Your logic is so bad.
    I didn’t say Raps developed them. But those players were not lottery, got developed and played in a championship team. My point was lottery pick doesn’t really mean that huge. I mean Spurs got 3 picks that they can get a Siakam, Ibaka or Green that are within our 19th-29th pick. And Metu is still a work in progress I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the others saying send him overseas. He looks years away. This is concerning since he played college ball. I’d prefer he not take a roster spot waving a towel. We already got 14M being spent on towel waving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny but people are correct 49th pick rarely make it in the NBA and even less with the team that drafted them. I am more worried that our first 29 th pick will make it on the team after first contract ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meta has potential but he needs to improve and show positive gains in his presence
    His versatility would be useful if he can figure it out
    He did show that “deer in headlights” thing last year when given playing time in undecided game time... which needs to be resolved.
    It’s up to him to show he belongs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The team that relied on two players the Spurs developed to win have caught up with the Spurs in developing players?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he would fit right in with CNN oh and you all developed Powell to. Lol. Serious though you all get a A+ in trades but your not even close to Spurs in development when it comes to players.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that relied on two players the Spurs developed to win have caught up with the Spurs in developing players?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will not say metu sucks or can be good but one thing is : judging a player who plays 5 minutes every 5 games doesn’t mean nothing.

In g league He did not dominate but he was not bad.

We’ll see where he will be in a couple of years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it’s stupid to say a player is a bust after one year but he has a tough road ahead of him Eubanks is ahead of him and we might have two first round picks who will get significant play time in G League. The focus will be the first round picks he is going to have to figure out he is going to have to do a lot of the dirty work ie rebounding, blocking out, taking charges, getting blocks, steals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it’s stupid to say a player is a bust after one year but he has a tough road ahead of him Eubanks is ahead of him and we might have two first round picks who will get significant play time in G League. The focus will be the first round picks he is going to have to figure out he is going to have to do a lot of the dirty work ie rebounding, blocking out, taking charges, getting blocks, steals.
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-15-2019 at 03:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now we have White. Murray while a all-defensive team is still offensively limited until proven, Walker still up for judgement. Forbes is no VanFleet. Metu? Meh. We had Parker, Manu, Green but they’re gone. Time to sharpen them pencils and find the diamond in the rough at 19, 29 even 49

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Metu will make Nigeria final roster to the WC and might face Pop if Nigeria advance...

Thread Information