Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But a few weeks ago we were battling for 5th seed!
    COVID ed everything up, per par. Of course to those paying attention the Spurs were equally as close to the 10th spot, and now NO is playing better. They prolly snag the final play-in spot over the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think we're in desperate need for a new direction as a franchise that has won 5 NBA Championships with 1 happening just 7 years ago. The fact of the matter is that one player single-handedly (well, with his uncle's influence) detonated this franchise and they've been slowly trying to pick up the pieces since then. With DeRozan, it's not a well-constructed team but we had to make due with him under the cir stances caused by that person in question. He's done the best to his abilities but this franchise needs to be lead by a player that is a better fit. I don't believe in the 1 and done playoff appearances as your franchise aspiration for the youth you have on the team. I just don't think that strategy will do the team much good considering the player ceilings might not be enough to be a serious threat for the next several years. When you combine that likely reality with the fact that San Antonio isn't a playing destination for prospective free agents who are increasingly all about the glitter and big markets, we have to rely primarily on drafts and making deals with the future in mind. That we're not doing that right now is very frustrating.
    I don't disagree that the Spurs need a hard reset. I disagree with looking hearty-eyed at teams like the Bulls and Magic blowing it up, yet again, after years and years of unsuccessful drafting/development and treading waters, as if that's a path the Spurs would be so much better in. And yeah, the Spurs would (and will) rebuild better than Orlando and Chicago - and a part of that is intrinsically related to why they aren't blowing it up right now. That's all I was saying, it's a very interesting argument for sure. I certainly would like to see the FO pull the trigger on some trade today, but it's not looking likely right now...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, the best we can hope for is buying out LMA, Gay and Lyles. 2 out of the 3 want out, maybe Rudy has had enough too lol. At least that would force Luka and Vassell into the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine 50k of phobic posts
    hard to sit on a high horse about phobia while calling him a pussy in every post

rolling in the mud with him is nothing to be ashamed of, just own it tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are on a path: draft and develop.
    I'm not sure we are...if we were on that path we'd move a couple vets and develope a couple younger guys and add an asset or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we are...if we were on that path we'd move a couple vets and develope a couple younger guys and add an asset or two.
    This. It's been said ad nauseum the past few years, but PATFO can't make up their minds on what they wanna do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heaven forbid but were on a path alright

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, the best we can hope for is buying out LMA, Gay and Lyles. 2 out of the 3 want out, maybe Rudy has had enough too lol. At least that would force Luka and Vassell into the rotation.
    If the Spurs turned down two seconds for Gay, they’re not buying him out.

The other two have no market, so they probably are gone. Aldridge because contract is hard to slot in, Lyles because he should be out of the league.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say we are halfway towards draft and develop. Definitely more so after the Bubble, but still not fully leaning into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs watching all these moves being made thinking continuity will get us over the top lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are on a path: draft and develop.
    lots of impatient ST fans who think we'd have a shot somehow by dumping the likes of walker. now's not the time to blow things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard to sit on a high horse about phobia while calling him a pussy in every post

rolling in the mud with him is nothing to be ashamed of, just own it tbh
    Yeah, nowhere close.

Not ashamed to call out a when I see one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs turned down two seconds for Gay, they’re not buying him out.

The other two have no market, so they probably are gone. Aldridge because contract is hard to slot in, Lyles because he should be out of the league.

Yea lyles isnt fetching and should be bought out asap. Infeel spurs still will try and resign mills and gay

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have rented out Gay for a few months and got two 2nd rounders out of it (allegedly) and still signed him in the Summer if they wanted to. Is keeping Gay on the team until the end of the season more important than two 2nd round picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy posting from an alt. And I've never had an alt, ever.
    Sounds like something someone with an alt would say, tbh. Deny, deflect, attack. Classic maneuver of internet troll toughbois, complete with being hyperfixated on other people's gotness. Way to go, Rob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have rented out Gay for a few months and got two 2nd rounders out of it (allegedly) and still signed him in the Summer if they wanted to. Is keeping Gay on the team until the end of the season more important than two 2nd round picks?

According to timvp spurs playoff picture this season is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If they keep him, it will lend credence to the rumor. If we don't, it will invalidate it.

A third possibility is something like the offer was two seconds and a multi-year deal and Spurs actually walked away from a salary obligation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . I actually feel sorry, momentarily, for calf tats, having such a verb named after him.
    Hey Ex, do you have a link to the original calf tats hysteria thread/source? Been meaning to ask for a while, tbh, I'd love to read through that, after missing it live

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George hill and danny green getting treated like a couple of pros utes getting passed around
    All the while Danny getting rings, and if he's bought out and picked-up by Nets damn

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree that the Spurs need a hard reset. I disagree with looking hearty-eyed at teams like the Bulls and Magic blowing it up, yet again, after years and years of unsuccessful drafting/development and treading waters, as if that's a path the Spurs would be so much better in. And yeah, the Spurs would (and will) rebuild better than Orlando and Chicago - and a part of that is intrinsically related to why they aren't blowing it up right now. That's all I was saying, it's a very interesting argument for sure. I certainly would like to see the FO pull the trigger on some trade today, but it's not looking likely right now...
    Letting all the vets (plus Lyles) walk would be pretty close to a hard reset imo. Derrick White (27) would be the oldest player on the team next season unless the Spurs use the huge cap space to sign an older player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letting all the vets (plus Lyles) walk would be pretty close to a hard reset imo. Derrick White (27) would be the oldest player on the team next season unless the Spurs use the huge cap space to sign an older player.
    This. And ST posters not realizing that. Did somebody just envied the Magic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty insane, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are y'all so mad about the word got? Some of y'all must've been born "in the wrong body"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol timvp I see you

Thread Information