Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    who are the guys you are thinking of that were declared the great black hope?

all i can really think of are RG3 (rookie of the year who took those skins to the playoffs, and then shanahan broke him. he hasnt been the same athlete since that surgery) and kaep. that whole niners team collapsed around kaep though

otherwise i can easily point to russell wilson as exactly the kind of guy you (and spurstalk) was writing off as another gimmick who wouldnt last. now he's an elite qb. mike vick wasn't going to lose his job anytime soon before his legal issues, and then he came back and up put a historic season with the eagles too. as much as we bag on cam, injuries have played a big role in his demise, too. he was always flawed but had been an above average player for the better part of a decade
    Mike Vick’s “historic season” ended in an early playoff exit when he shat himself. He’s a great example of a dual threat QB failing to do anything other than put up cool stats.

Injuries play a role because of their play style. It’s not some sort of bad luck that the QBs you listed have injury issues while Tom Brady and Brees play into their 40s.

I also wouldn’t compare Jackson to Wilson, Wilson has always been pass first since he entered the NFL. Jackson is never going to be a pass first QB. He’s too stupid and innacurate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mike Vick’s “historic season” ended in an early playoff exit when he shat himself. He’s a great example of a dual threat QB failing to do anything other than put up cool stats.

Injuries play a role because of their play style. It’s not some sort of bad luck that the QBs you listed have injury issues while Tom Brady and Brees play into their 40s.
    i didnt say anything about their injuries being bad luck. i've argued this exactly point on this forum in discussions with that head avante. but your point didnt seem to be that you thought jackson is going to get injured. you said said he's not good enough. thats different.

again, who are these great black hopes that we've seen before? just seems like a very small sample size

I also wouldn’t compare Jackson to Wilson, Wilson has always been pass first since he entered the NFL. Jackson is never going to be a pass first QB. He’s too stupid and innacurate.
    oh man, going quote hunting for this one is gonna be good

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i didnt say anything about their injuries being bad luck. i've argued this exactly point on this forum in discussions with that head avante. but your point didnt seem to be that you thought jackson is going to get injured. you said said he's not good enough. thats different.

again, who are these great black hopes that we've seen before? just seems like a very small sample size

oh man, going quote hunting for this one is gonna be good
    Who are these great black hopes who’s careers were ultimately shortened?

Cam Newton
    Mike Vick
    Kaepernick
    Cawnbread Griffin III
    Vince Young (we heard nonstop about how he was a “WINNER!!!”)
    Curious Geno
    Terrell Pryor

As for differences between Russell Wilson and Lamar - Wilson scored a 28 on the wonderlic, Lamar Jackson scored a 13. One had the brain power to turn into a cerebral passer, the other doesn’t.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    geno and Pryor?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Both had wonderlic scores higher than Lamar Jackson’s

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It's only January but this might hold as the stupidest opinion for 2020
    Cuck ankle biting

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Jackson did not choke. I've seen that take on Twitter and the only ones saying it are dummies and suspected racists.
    Confirmation bias for you.

Jackson choked, bruh. Did you even watch the game?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Both had wonderlic scores higher than Lamar Jackson’s
    The original goalposts was guys that had big early nfl success... only Vince Young really fits from that list. But Lamar is better both as a runner and passer. I think it’s a very lazy and basically full shtick analysis to say this black qb is cooked because we’ve seen other black QBs fade

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The original goalposts was guys that had big early nfl success... only Vince Young really fits from that list. But Lamar is better both as a runner and passer. I think it’s a very lazy and basically full shtick analysis to say this black qb is cooked because we’ve seen other black QBs fade
    No, I’m saying he’s cooked because other QBs who prefer to run instead of pass have failed.

I also said from the get go Lamar Jackson’s stupidity will prevent him from developing into a good passer. Call that racist if you want but scoring 13/50 on a test where literally bumbling in random answers would net you 12-13 correct answers on average is indicative of someone who’s borderline re ed, not someone who reads defenses well. Find me a successful passer in the NFL who scored that poorly on the wonderlic.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It wouldn't have mattered who said it.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Confirmation bias for you.

Jackson choked, bruh. Did you even watch the game?
    BUT FLACCO WOULD HAVE CLUTCHED UP

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    BUT FLACCO WOULD HAVE CLUTCHED UP
    What Everclear song did you listen to right after your wife cucked you?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It wouldn't have mattered who said it.
    It certainly didn't in this case.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I mean Flacco sucks majorly

But yeah it was pretty obvious Tennessee was going to win. Both teams do the same thing, run first and have a passing game as a compliment. I just thought the 1-2 game of Henry and Tannehill was better than the solo play of Jackson.

The only difference in the game was that Tennessee knew their QB has limitations and had him only throw 14 times while Roman for some reason thought Jackson could actually throw the ball and had him throw 59 times. Shockingly stupid tbh

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    It certainly didn't in this case.
    So you agree.

Lol derp.

Ya when the receivers drop the pass it's the black QBs fault.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    "If you ignore all the ducks he threw and only look at his best plays, he did great!"

"If you ignore all the ducks he threw and only look at his best plays, he did great!"
    Sure, post all the ducks he threw.

Ignore all the points lost to butterfingers receivers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    So you agree.

Lol derp.
    So you agree that you're a worthless cuck

Lol blake

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

But yeah it was pretty obvious Tennessee was going to win. Both teams do the same thing, run first and have a passing game as a compliment. I just thought the 1-2 game of Henry and Tannehill was better than the solo play of Jackson.

The only difference in the game was that Tennessee knew their QB has limitations and had him only throw 14 times while Roman for some reason thought Jackson could actually throw the ball and had him throw 59 times. Shockingly stupid tbh
    It's amazing to me that they suddenly made Jackson a throw-first QB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lamar choked, but i'd also say greg roman the bed by having 59 pass attempts, which was by far their season high. in their 12 game win streak leading up to this weekend, they only exceeded 30 pass attempts twice with a high of 33

the game wasnt really getting out of reach until late in the 3rd quarter. i get that ingram was banged up (and thats a big deal) but their RBs only had 9 carries all game. thats absurd. i know that sometimes reid prematurely abandons the run and calls a ty game, but theres zero excuse for the ravens to do that

Post Count
    lamar choked, but i'd also say greg roman the bed by having 59 pass attempts, which was by far their season high. in their 12 game win streak leading up to this weekend, they only exceeded 30 pass attempts twice with a high of 33

the game wasnt really getting out of reach until late in the 3rd quarter. i get that ingram was banged up (and thats a big deal) but their RBs only had 9 carries all game. thats absurd. i know that sometimes reid prematurely abandons the run and calls a ty game, but theres zero excuse for the ravens to do that

For some reason the whole team plus the coaches seemed to had abandoned the entire game plan and fell into an all out panic mode after they fell behind 7-0.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

If the ones that would have gone ahead were the Ravens instead of the ans, the one that would have thrown more passes is Tannehill. Is all relative.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So you agree that you're a worthless cuck

Lol blake
    5X ST MVP I SAIIIIIID

Thread Information