My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op is is flaming got

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how anybody can blame Pop for tonight, tbh..he deserves a lot of blame for game 2, he was the biggest reason for the loss IMO, but not tonight..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great people manager. It comes down to what we all knew it would. Pop would rather die playing david west and danny green than put in anyone.

game by green. series by west.

Spurs will rebound at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop strikes again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it has been an unpopular opinion on ST held by few since 2014, but I'm fairly at ease now saying Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is boban gonna handle KD pick and roll? You really want to see him switch out on KD?

We lost cause LMA and kawhi didn't make in the 4th. Kawhi just missed 2 open 3's in a row. When 40 mill of your payroll is scoring less than waiters, welp.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, not sure how Pop can be blamed for this loss..

They have the best player in the series and he was on fire tonight + Waiters had his monthly good game..
    ISO ball & David West.

Lamarcus got easier shots in Portland than he did here he was just hitting everything the first 2 games. Tbh

With the way everybody talks about his system, you'd expect Kawhi got easier shots than having to go at Steven Adams for a dunk...

16 assists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ing lineup that was getting destroyed that consisted of Manu guarding Durant , which fueled all of this btw. Durant was on the line, Pop calls s timeout and he comes back with that same lineup. I was laughing because any ing moron could see that lineup wasn't working. The avalanche had slowly started and it was too late to push it back.

the refs too.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's done since 14 championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Boris/West frontcout should never see the light of day against Kanter/Adams tbh. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, Pop sucking the oppenents' s in the presser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give , this team diced with being 1-3 because of terrible lineup choices of their coach..

his utter lack of awareness as when to go for this kill is mind-boggling..Should've stopped the bleeding and yanked one Diaw/West at the first sight of rebounding massacre when we were up 2-4 in the fourth..Playoff Road wins hard to come in by, you don't throw' em away...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who made this a poll???? Slomo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was merging two other threads with this one. Apparently one was a poll...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 4 ends and here we are still ing about Diaw/West. Should have been the first adjustment in this series, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was merging two other threads with this one. Apparently one was a poll...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my polls been added but we can't vote.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my polls been added but we can't vote.
    Slomo passed a voter ID law tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had The Beautiful Game goin for quite a while with the subs in the late 1st and 2nd qtr.
    10 point lead and situation screamed for Boban as that punk ass thug Mustache Adams was pulling cheap left and right.

No, lets go back to iso ball with Parker holding the ball and taking all the shots, like his circus shots going in were gonna last all game. And bench all the guys who had built up the lead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, Pop sucking the oppenents' s in the presser
    Did the reporters question his coaching? Probably not, that's why he made his schtick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How he continues to play West-Diaw together against Adams-Kanter, particularly at the start of the 4th, is beyond me. This is something that shouldn't have happened to begin with, never mind repeatedly doing it.

He runs Aldridge into the ground in games 2 and 3, then sits him for over 5 minutes in the 2nd half tonight. It probably wouldn't have made the difference, but one of him, Duncan or Marjanovic needs to be in at all times.

Diaw also should have closed over West. I don't like West with Aldridge; neither rolls or spaces to three, plus there's limited rim protection and rebounding. Obviously, there's even less so of the latter with Diaw over West, but at least he can space to three and adds another secondary ball handler/play maker. He's also a far better option to switch off ball screens involving Durant.

And I don't care what anyone says, lack of volume three-point shooting is this team's biggest issue. It's time to dust off Martin for spot minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't care what anyone says, lack of volume three-point shooting is this team's biggest issue. It's time to dust off Martin for spot minutes.
    When Green is obviously ice cold like tonight, you have to adjust.
    I'd rather see others taking treys then risking completely unproven Martin tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How he continues to play West-Diaw together against Adams-Kanter, particularly at the start of the 4th, is beyond me. This is something that shouldn't have happened to begin with, never mind repeatedly doing it.

He runs Aldridge into the ground in games 2 and 3, then sits him for over 5 minutes in the 2nd half tonight. It probably wouldn't have made the difference, but one of him, Duncan or Marjanovic needs to be in at all times.

Diaw also should have closed over West. I don't like West with Aldridge; neither rolls or spaces to three, plus there's limited rim protection and rebounding. Obviously, there's even less so of the latter with Diaw over West, but at least he can space to three and adds another secondary ball handler/play maker. He's also a far better option to switch off ball screens involving Durant.

What is also mind-boggling in this is West midrange jumper has looked broken the entire playoffs and he can't create his own shot, and if he does it is Green-level of awkwardness..

Like many others, I've lost faith in Pop pushing the right buttons, hence this thread which is culmination of two seasons of cavalier-coaching..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Green is obviously ice cold like tonight, you have to adjust.
    I'd rather see others taking treys then risking completely unproven Martin tho.
    Martin is a proven shooter. This team needs someone like him, who on nights like tonight, can come in for spot minutes and hopefully get hot from 3.

What is also mind-boggling in this is West midrange jumper has looked broken the entire playoffs and he can't create his own shot, and if he does it is Green-level of awkwardness..

Like many others, I've lost faith in Pop pushing the right buttons, hence this thread which is culmination of two seasons of cavalier-coaching..
    Yeah. On the whole, West has had a better season than Diaw, but the former hasn't exactly been a world beater himself, in the playoffs. Overall, it's strange the degree to which Pop perceives the gap.

And I don't want to hear "it's a match-up issue", because West can't match-up against Adams/Kanter either. He needs to pick a direction. If he wants to match-up with them, play Duncan more. If he wants to cause a mismatch on the other end, play Diaw. West plays into their hands by not being able to negate the former or cause the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "soft" card basically:

Saw that response coming a mile away. The predictability is affecting his in-game coaching now too..

Thread Information